Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

All the phones you've used?

Dr. Vojislav Seselj

(edited)

I have used a Samsung button phone, a Samsung flip phone (don't know the models of the phones), Samsung Galaxy Young and an iPhone 4 which I'm currently using.

Edited by Melodies

Tracphone - 6th-9th grade

Motorola Droid X - 9th-11th grade

Motorola Droid MAXX - 11th - 12th grade

iPhone 5s - 12th grade to middle of freshman year in college

iPhone 6 - Middle of freshman year of college to now and I'm happy with it until I get another upgrade.

I don't know the exact models.

For a long, long, long time, I had this very small Samsung flip phone. It was, like, indestructible. Like, I fell on it and squashed it and wrecked the outer display but it still worked for a lot of years.

I studied abroad in Japan and got a pre-paid candy bar. That I used for all of 2 months. When I went home, I went back to the first phone. Then I moved out and my parents discontinued service.

When I came back to Japan, my candy bar was obsolete, so I had to get a new phone. It was really, really good. It was a flip phone. A little big, but I really liked it.

When I went back to America to visit, I got a prepaid. I figured I can always just add money whenever I go for a visit, so I thought that was a good solution to not having a phone anymore in the states.

Just recently, my Japanese flip phone broke. I don't know what happened. I was using it, I set it down, and a few hours later, it went black and it wouldn't take a charge. I don't know what happened. I didn't do anything to it. So unfair :(

And, of course, they didn't have the same model. So now I'm stuck with this stupid, crappy, stupid shit crap of a crap of an excuse for a crappy phone crap that craps all the crap all day long. Fucking, I hate that stupid piece of shit. It's so useless! I cannot put into words how much I hate that phone. I just hate it so much. It's so stupid. First, it's not a flip phone, which is what I really wanted, but they didn't have. So it's gotta lock, but it takes for friggin ever to unlock. And it doesn't have, like, half the features my other phone had, despite being considerably more expensive. Why's it gotta cost so much when it doesn't do jack fuck? Where's my Japanese-English dictionary? Why did that have to be omitted. The settings are stupid as shit and very counter-intuitive. The sounds are dumb. The texting is atrocious. Whoever programmed this phone should be arrested. Then shot. Then kicked in the nuts. Seriously, this is 2015. What the hell kind of phone doesn't let you change case? It's a basic function of writing! Why do I have to hit the stupid button 10 times in order to write something correctly? Just make a button change the case! Why does that have to be so fucking hard? And every time I wanna send a text, I have to wait for "uncompression." What? What the hell are you uncompressing? It's a fucking blank-ass text message. Phone! Why do you make me want to smash you into a wall every time I use you?! Why do you gotta be such a piece of shit? Why can't you be more like your older brother. He did things. He was a phone worth having. What the fuck do you even do all day? Fucking eating Pringles and playing your fucking Xbox. Why don't you get a real job, you lazy-ass waste of fucking life instead of mooching off of everyone else. With your bullshit, every time we go to a restaurant, and you gotta be all like "Oh, I'm a little short now, why don't I get it next time?" And next time never fucking comes! You suck! You asshole!

.......Sorry... I got a little heated there. But seriously, hate that phone. In fact, when I have money, I think I actually do wanna spend the $200 to get my old phone fixed. It's just so bad. And the hoops I had to jump through to even get it... I just feel royally gypped and I've felt bad about it ever sense... :(

I don't know completely what I have used (the types or editions). I have used various types of Nokias, I am using one right now. I did once own a Samsung Galaxy, but now I don't and am using a Nokia again xT. 

• 2 years later...

I had a flip phone and a keyboard sliding touchscreen one, but I only had those for a month. (Pre-2010 era)

Last year I had the Galaxy Amp Prime from cricket and it was complete crap for me. Jittery scrolling and constent freezing along with a shitty camera. I swapped the SIM over to the Galaxy s8 which I love completely. So many features and very quick as well.

I've mostly had pretty cheap budget phones for a while, but I did get a Sony phone recently. Not sure on the model, since I don't pay attention to that sort of stuff.

Hall of fame:

• Random LG flip phone
  • Galaxy Nexus
  • Nokia Lumia 625
  • Zenfone 3 (Current daily driver because dataless FM radio is the best feature ever.)

I still sometimes like going back to my Galaxy Nexus when I feel like going retro and the Lumia when I want to forget about the death of Windows Mobile. Honestly, it's such a darn shame because Microsoft had such a fantastic platform. The OS worked very well on low spec'd devices (try running android today on 512 MBs of memory), it had a fantastic development environment (leagues ahead of bloody android), and it had a unique UI twist; it just lacked the market share.

Edited by Celtore

1. LG VX-8300. Both my parents used to have one, and bought them new in 2005. I got my dad's phone. I used this from 2009 to 2015. It was cool to have at first, but over the years, I wanted to upgrade, but was never sure I could afford to.
  2. HTC One M8. "My" first phone. I finally decided to upgrade after my brother got a smartphone. This was one of the best purchases I had made. I also cracked the screen on uit after having it for 3 weeks. It never affected operation, but it gave the phone character.
  3. Samsung Galaxy S8. My 2 year contract was up, and I was eligible to upgrade. I held out for a month and recieved it a few days before it's actual release. It's an awesome phone.
  4. Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The S8 may be awesome, but the Note... I like the Note more. I like being able to pull the pen out and writing something down, or drawing something vulgar and sending it to someone. It's $950 though, which is why I wouldn't knock the iPhone X for being $1,000 because that would be somewhat hypocritical.

Had a flip phone then a Pantech phone that slid to access the keyboard, whatever that was; worked well for a while... as much as I love technology I resisted getting a smart phone for some stupid reason until I got the Galaxy S3, then the S6 as soon as it came out. Don't plan on ever paying new phone prices ever again so I held on to that til recently when it stopped working properly, and switched to a Note 4, as my significant other and her family all still use them and I'm not going to pay exorbitant prices for something new. I like being able to add memory via microSD and being able to replace a faulty battery myself, and I don't see myself getting a newer phone that won't let me do that again anytime soon. That remains my only real complaint about the S6. I like my storage space >:C

Before I started to play around in this forum I hated smartphones and used an old school thing. Now I like to see whats going on here from time to time. And dug up an old abandoned apple thing that my foals don´t want to use anymore. What it is ? No idea... wait a second.... *reading on device* model A1387... Googling. Geee thats old iPhone 4s. Well works for me.

Samsung Galaxy S2  2012-2013 (I lost it at a football (American of course -_-) game). It was an okay phone, it more than worked for its purpose.

IPhone 3G 2013-2014 I only used this phone out of necessity, though nonetheless. The thing was a brick that seemed to be even bad for the time it actually came out. I was very glad when I got the upgrade for my old phone.

HTC One M8 2014-2016 Actually a respectable cellphone with processing power. Heck, I could run an N64 emulator on that thing (it would lag, though)...

Edited by ~Dusky~

Motorola California: Used from 1995 - 1999

Nokia 3210: 1999 - 2004

Kyocera KX1: 2004 - 2006

Audiovox 8910: 2006 - 2007

Motorola Razr V3: 2007 - 2008

Motorola Razr2 V9: 2008 - 2009

LG Glimmer: 2009 - 2010

Nokia Android phone of some sort: 2010 - 2011

iPhone 4: 2011 - 2014

iPhone 5S: 2014 - 2016

iPhone 7 Plus: 2016 - Present

Edited by Vertigo-01
Reformatting and added phone

I don't remember all the phones I used so here's what I remember

HTC Mogul PPC 6800 - 2008?-2010 (Sprint)

51Z%2Bf9AHMOL.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S - 2010-2012 (Sprint)

epic-4g-flat.jpg

Motorola Droid RAZR HD - 2012-2016 (Verizon)

Motorola-Droid-Razr-Maxx-HD.jpg

Google Pixel - 2016-2019 (Verizon)

s-l1600.jpg

Google Pixel 4 - 2019-2024

Related image

Google Pixel 8 - 2024-present

Google Pixel 8 5G Hazel 128GB   8GB Dual-Sim Factory Unlocked GSM NEW | eBay

Edited by Woohoo
Adding newest phone

My first two were Motorola trackfones. The first was candy bar style and the second is a flip, which I still use for quick calls, though barley. 

After that, the ones I used were:

• Blackberry Curve 9720 World Edition

Image result for blackberry curve 8800

• Blackberry Bold 9650

Image result for blackberry bold 650

• Blackberry Bold 9930 

Image result for blackberry bold 9930

• Samsung Galaxy S4

(couldn't find accurate picture)

• And my current daily driver, the Blackberry Classic

Image result for blackberry classic

Edit: now using a LG Tribute Dynasty II

IMG_20181208_190131.thumb.jpg.cc29ff8fd1808cb297bd051d8637892e.jpg

And a BlackBerry KeyOne

20200725_131657.thumb.jpg.1aeca1f8a5a67284f53c62e73993822c.jpg

I got my first phone in 2011, it was a Nokia 5800 with a really bad touch screen and a stylus.

Then I finally got an iPhone in 2012, an iPhone 3G, I still have it but it hasn't been able to be turned on for years.

In 2013 I upgraded to an iPhone 4S which was definitely an improvement, I still have that and it just about works but it feels so small now.

I got an iPhone 5S in 2015, it was great how vibrant the colours were compared with the 4 and I quickly grew to love the thumb recognition. I still have it and use it for youtube mostly.

That phone lasted me all the way until December last year, when it's charging port stopped working correctly, I got an iPhone 7 for Christmas to replace it. I'm not sure how I feel about the lack of a headphone jack, it's pretty annoying but I'm getting used to using adaptors and my old iPhone 5 to get around not being able to charge and listen at the same time. The big screen and vibrant colours are great though and I love the camera.

I've had three phones throughout my life, and they were:

1. Some old Nokia phone from the late 2000's
  2. A Samsung Galaxy J1 (I think it was)
  3. Huawei P10 (my current phone, hoping to make it last a long time, since I'd rather not upgrade every two years)

4 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

-iPod Touch (I don't know if this counts)

-Samsung S3

-Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

-ASUS ZenFone3 Laser 

I have the Galaxy Grand Prime too! It's the only phone I've ever used, and it's served me pretty well! Three years of use and it's still going strong.