Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

All the phones you've used?

Dr. Vojislav Seselj

4 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I've only had one phone (an iPhone 5s) since 2014, but I need to get a new one since the battery life is pretty crappy these days.

And I thought I was the one with an old phone, I still have my Iphone 5c from 2014, plan on getting that replaced though.

• Brohoof 1

My first phone ever was a veeeery old Motorola phone, not a smartphone, juts a regular phone. It was even older than i was at the moment XD

Then i got a Sony Xperia U i think after after a very long time... I was really satisfied with it, but sadly we had to change to an other but worse phone, a Saamsung Galaxy Pocket Neo. I really hated it for many reasons.

Then i got a Lenovo phone, which was kinda better than my previous phone.

And now i have a very cheap phone XD

I had my first phone when I turned 16 (it was a Nokia 6300), and after that I had four phones more (a LG and three Samsung, being my current phone of this brand)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got my first phone when I was 15, it was an Android Coolpad Arise. Since then I’ve had....

A Samsung Galaxy S3 and an IPhone XR. The iPhone is my current phone. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

That's a long list.

1. A flip phone I got in sixth grade. It did what it was supposed to, and not much else. I think it was an LG.

2. A badly cracked iPhone 4. One of my friends in high school was upgrading and he let me have it for free. It was already on its last legs and only lasted a few months longer.

3. A Samsung Galaxy S5. It stopped charging after a while so I sold it.

4. An LG G Flex. That phone was really cool and I loved everything about it, but it got stuck in a boot loop and no longer works.

5. An LG Stylo 3. I had it in my pocket while I was in the snow one day and ended up damaging the charging port, sold that one too.

6. A Nokia Lumia (I forgot exactly which model). That phone weighed next to nothing and was my first (and last) Windows phone. Despite being a Nokia, the build quality was garbage, and it met an untimely end.

7. A crappy $10 Alcatel phone. That one still works, it's just painfully slow.

8. Another Samsung Galaxy S5. My sister upgraded to an S7 and let me have her old phone. The screen started having problems after a while, so I replaced the phone.

9. An LG G3. That phone crashed pretty often for no reason, and it ended up dying.

10. An LG V20. That one overheats easily and gets stuck in a weird crash loop when it does (notice a trend with LG phones yet?). It still technically functions, but I don't trust it, so I got a new phone.

11. A Samsung Galaxy A50. I rarely buy phones brand new because it's so much more expensive, but this one has lasted almost a year with no problems (well, no serious problems, anyway), so I think buying new is worth it in the long run.

So yeah, I think that's it. As much as I love LG phones and all the small features they have (the G Flex was my favorite), they're just not very reliable. All the ones I had (other than the flip phone) had overheating problems, stability issues, app compatibility issues, and random restarts, to name what I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by Booker

On 5/4/2014 at 6:27 PM, Envy said:

Samsung x426 (2004 - 2006?)

First phone, obviously! It may not have been the most fancy phone ever, but for its time, it wasn't bad. Flip phones were kind of the thing to have back then... For my age, having a phone at all was cool. lol

Samsung x427 (2006?- 2007)

It was basically the same thing as the x426, but we upgraded for some reason?

Samsung something (2007 - 2008)

I do not remember the model. However, it was another flip phone, but this time it had a camera and a digital clock on the outside.

Samsung Black Jack II (2008 - 2009)

I "inherited" this phone from my sister when she 'upgraded' to an iPhone. I loved this phone. The full keyboard and large amount of space would be a lifesaver for me during what would be one of the most social periods of my life.

LG Xenon (2009 - 2011)

I have no idea why, but I 'upgraded' to this phone. It seemed fancy, but it wasn't. It was not a smartphone. The keyboard was fine, but the storage was not. There was no way of getting images on the phone from my PC, and I had to delete text messages practically every day. >.>

Samsung Jack (2011 - 2013)

I was all too happy to find out that a new version of the Black Jack had come out. I would not be disappointed. It had all of the features from Black Jack II that I missed so much with the Xenon. However, sadly, it was a little bit glitchy and would slow down doing the most simple of tasks.

It also was showing its age... Sites like Tumblr didn't work at all, and Twitter had an update somewhere down the line which essentially 'broke' it for the phone.

iPhone 4S (2013+)

I had a longstanding bias against touch screen phones. I did not like the idea of typing on them, but eventually even I gave in... I needed to have my iPod and phone in one device for work, because trying to fit them both in pockets simply does not work. The deal for the iPhone was incredibly cheap, I couldn't resist... and I've had absolutely no complaints with it. I love being able to actually go onto sites like Tumblr!

I can add one.

iPhone 6 (2015+)

We just took the next iPhone in line on contract renewal. I got the 64GB model to have room for music. An update sometime within the next year totally ruined music shuffling on iPhones. But aside from that horrible update, the phone is great, but getting a new one is high up on the list once I find a full time job. Mainly because something is wrong the charging receiver and I have to work really hard to get it to charge every time. It has been that way for like 3 or so years. =/

I've only ever use one phone which is an iPhone 4S. I rarely use it though since no one ever texts or call me.

Other devices I have use are iPod Touch 4th, 5th and 6th generation. My main device that I always use is my iPod Touch 6th gen.

• Brohoof 3

• 8 months later...
  1. Some old Nokia with buttons
  2. Other old phones with buttons
  3. Samsung GT S5230 (had for ~2-3 years and broke because I tried to flash it and eventually bootlooped the phone. Pretty good phone for Java based)
  4. Highscreen Zera F rev. s (had for ~2 years and eventually shattered the screen. Was good at the begining but as the most budget phones it didn't look good after a year of using, plus non-existing support)
  5. Dexp Ixion m250 Ferrum (Had for 1,5 years before battery almost died. The worst phone I ever had: terrible software, assembly and non-existing support)
  6. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (have had it for 3,5 years now and it's the best so far. Still fast, looks good and it's the first phone on which I actually get updates and overall support)

1.  Some type of Samsung flip phone

2. Motorola Razr 

3. Back to using first flip phone when razr actually broke. 

4. Samsung Solstice.  Piece of crap with resistive  touch screen.  Pure awfulness. 

5. IPhone 4 

6. IPhone 5s 

7. iPhone 7

8. IPhone X

In reverse order: blackview a80 pro, xiaomi redmi note 5a, lg optimus F5, HTC touch diamond, asus m530w, sony ericsson w200i, sony ericsson t610i, ericsson a1018s. I think that's all of them.

Edited by zerox

I've only used two phones in my whole life- an old Samsung slider phone (you know, the kind of phone that had the keyboard that slid out from under the screen) and my current phone, a Motorola (aka Android) Droid Turbo. I've had my Droid Turbo for quite a few years now and I would like to replace it with something new because I've noticed that my phone has slowed down a bit, especially when turning it on. :dash:

I've had a couple of phones, three of them Nokias first one being a Nokia 6110 a red one I suppose one of the first generations of Nokias. 

Spoiler

Nokia 6150 - RED Or Blue (Unlocked) Mobile Phone | eBay

Then I got a nokia 5140i it was black but I turned it blue was a really good phone honest I still have it I have all my phones.

Spoiler

Image result for 5140 | Nokia, Nokia phone, Classic phones

Next one would be a Nokia with a touchscreen and was white with a blue backplate and I really loved this one too.

Spoiler

DJ Pubes: Nokia 5800 white

Then I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and that phone was great, really good phone and loved the camera and overall just having a smartphone.

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews

Then to my current phone a Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 which is really great.

Spoiler

Test Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) : comme un air de Galaxy S8 "lite"  - Les Numériques

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...