Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Of Uncommon Design. (SoL, Interaction, Romance, Experimental, Dark)

The Elusive Cinder

(edited)

Of Uncommon Design.

SoL, Interaction, Romance, Experimental, Dark

---------------

Roleplaying is about building an interesting story - not 'winning'. There is no 'winning' to be had. You will be weak in this world: you will be vulnerable. Fighting is possible, but not advised.

Godmodding and power play are not acceptable and will result in being removed from the RP.

---------------

You open your eyes, but see nothing. Not light, nor darkness... Simply an absence of everything. This place is like no other you have seen before, your senses were never designed for this strange new world - your mind not designed to comprehend it. You shiver in the absence of temperature - the very concept of 'hot' and 'cold' as you understand them mean nothing here.

Over the next few minutes though, the very first signs of corruption begin to take hold. Images begin to swim into focus as your eyes learn how to see again: your body suddenly becomes aware of the hard ground beneath it. Around you, you can hear the sounds of other ponies stirring.

You are alive, and as unharmed as could be hoped for. Even so, something is wrong. A heaviness in your chest and sense of dread hang heavily over you... there is something very wrong with this world, and something very wrong with you.

---------------

Welcome to 'Of Uncommon Design'.

After being a terrible DM in the last RP I hosted, here is another attempt! So, here I am trying to assess interest.

This experimental roleplay is - at its heart - a standard slice of life style affair. You find yourself wrenched unexpectedly from your home and awake in an unusual realm that is as unlike Equestria as you could imagine - the source of all magic across the land.

Your goal? Well, that's for you to decide. Will you try to forge a life here, or try to find a way back to Equestria? Explore and discover, build and protect or perhaps simply resign to being trapped forever and try to make the best of the situation? You're not alone, other ponies are here, as well as the creatures of this realm.

There is something else though: an uneasy nausea that you feel in your very essence: an omen of something darker that will become clear as the days pass.

--------------

Rules!

- Rule 0: The DM's word is final.

- This is to be what I call a Canon Era Roleplay: if its in the show - or logically could be - I'm probably happy with it. No Timelords, Cyborgs or 'was once a human' characters. No assault rifles, no lasers, no magical non-magical races. It is built using the Beyond These Walls lore, but you do not require any knowledge of this.

- No Alicorns.

- Non-pony races considered individually, but are very likely to be declined.

- This is a SoL - not an adventure. Adventure might be had, but I don't want a cast of 'deadly mercenary assassin' characters.

- This RP will have dark undertones and bad things will most likely happen. It's likely to have a bittersweet ending at best (though 'happily ever after' endings are possible). It will not be 'bloodbath grimdark'.

- Social interactions - Friendships, rivalries and romance - are highly encouraged. Just keep the forum posts appropriate and use PM's should anything arise which isn't.

- Did you read these rules? Write a random word in BOLD if you did.

---------------

Characters.

Please provide links for characters when applying.

Application is not a guarantee of acceptance.

Acceptance will be based on many factors - not 'first come, first served'.

@,

Amethyst

-TBA-

@@SilverHeart,

Mirror Image

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mirror-image-r4772

@,

Ambrosia

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ambrosia-r3649

@@Tricksters Pride,

-PENDING-

@,

Spice Notes

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/spice-notes-r6214

@@Windbreaker,

Aegis Dare

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/aegis-dare-r3243

@@Scribblegroove

Merdyn

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/moros-merdyn-obrimos-r6275

@@Half-Note,

Lightning Feather

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lightning-feather-r5268

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hello, I think I'll sign up for this....but I'm not really sure which of my characters would work for this..../shrug.

I think I'll apply with Mirror. Or you can choose one of my other OC's if you think they'll fit better.

Edited by SilverHeart

After being a terrible DM in the last RP I hosted,

I'm curious as to which one you mean. 

Anywho, I'm always up for roleplaying with you, and this seems an interesting concept. I have no particular preference for any of my OCs, though, so perhaps you should choose.(if any, that is)

• Brohoof 1

@

This RP sounds bloody fun. I would looooooooove to take part...although, it might be more interesting if you chose my OC to use. Go to my profile if you would like to. :)

@

Heh, not so sure about that terrible DM part, just busy like us all. (Or which RP for that matter. :P) Though i'll admit that the bold is newish i usually have to mention cookies or cheeseburgers as opposed to bolding a word :P ..... Hmm, might apply as Gear but i'm not sure yet.

I was actually talking about 'An Imperfect Situation' - though I'm also guilty of starting to neglect 'Beyond These Walls' after a number of months.

I'm a bad person. :P

@@SilverHeart,

@,

@,

@@Tricksters Pride,

All accepted, as y'all clearly read the rules. As for what characters to use: Huh, could you send me a few links of characters you are considering? It's hard to navigate and browse a lot of pages from a phone.

And for those of you who were in 'Beyond These Walls...

This is set in an alternate universe where the same basic story is currently taking place, but with an entirely different cast. Their key decisions may also have differed.

As such, feel free to bring the same characters if you desire, but bear in mind that they should have no prior knowledge of this world or its inhabitants.

@@Serious Sam,

Let me know what you decide! :)

(edited)

OH NO YOU WON'T

I will not be deprived from yet another awesome RP by finding it too late. Absolutely not. Too many times I have ignored the new OOC pages, but not this time!

I will join this RP. I don't know as who yet, but I will...

Most likely Merdyn. He is the only one who could research the new world, try to percieve how it works and what lies beneath his Magic. Pulling at the strings of reality to dissect the fabric into separate lines! Oh the possibilities... The endless possibilities.

Or perhaps I'll join as a new character. Not sure yet really...

Ah! If this new world is arcana can I join as Byter again? Or even if it isn't can I join with him?

Edited by Scribblegroove

@,

I think Spice Note or Rubescent would be best suited: either should have an interesting dynamic with the world.

@@Pelate,

Sure, accepted!

@@Scribblegroove,

Going to have to say no to Byter: I'm wanting to explore how the world affects the ponies and how folks react to the circumstances - I have the concepts for each type of them but I don't really know where to go for other races.

Aside from Byter though, let me know when you are sure of a character.

---------------

OK! I'll look over the rest when I'm back on - got to run!

• Brohoof 1

@,

Well, all three of my characters have their profiles linked in my sig, and I'm pretty sure you've had some familiarity with each of them, but... if you need me to link their profiles in this post because of phone hijinks(I've never browsed anything on a mobile before, so I don't really know shite about how that works...)

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/curious-r3487

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/gardenia-r3570

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ambrosia-r3649

(edited)

@@Scribblegroove

I've put Merdyn on the roster since you mentioned her before - let me know if that's wrong.

@,

I've put down go west Ambrosia - again, just throw things at me if that's wrong.

@,

And the same applies here to Spice Notes - just say if you'd rather use someone else.

@,

I might be able to use hunter actually - let me consider the implications.

One thing I need to point out though, is that the setting leans a lot more on the medieval / fantasy elements of Equestria - so things like guns, drugs lords and so on wouldn't exist... though that applies more to Atlas I think.

@@SilverHeart,

Happy with Mirror then, or would you prefer someone else?

@,

I'm putting together the list if you do want in - let me know.

@@Half-Note,

Accepted. Nothing much more to say!

@@Tricksters Pride,

And I have no idea who you fancy using dude. :P

Edited by Cinderscribe

(edited)

Merdyn is fine... Except that he's a dude and you know that...

'Her'... I believe that is a feminine posessive pronoun. Merdyn is very masculine mind you >:3

Edited by Scribblegroove

@@Scribblegroove

I've put Merdyn on the roster since you mentioned her before - let me know if that's wrong.

@,

I've put down go west Ambrosia - again, just throw things at me if that's wrong.

@,

And the same applies here to Spice Notes - just say if you'd rather use someone else.

@,

I might be able to use hunter actually - let me consider the implications.

One thing I need to point out though, is that the setting leans a lot more on the medieval / fantasy elements of Equestria - so things like guns, drugs lords and so on wouldn't exist... though that applies more to Atlas I think.

@@SilverHeart,

Happy with Mirror then, or would you prefer someone else?

@,

I'm putting together the list if you do want in - let me know.

@@Half-Note,

Accepted. Nothing much more to say!

@@Tricksters Pride,

And I have no idea who you fancy using dude. :P

I'm just wondering, have I been put on the roster?