Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony movie (1986)

Pineapple Bloom

Has anyone seen this movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091584/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Man, when I was little, me and my brother loved that movie. I can't remember much about it but I remember liking the songs and finding the antagonists hilarious. The leader witch was like, "Stop that or I will force you to eat ice cream!" and the other witches were like, "You couldn't! Ice cream is so horrible!"

I might watch it again... it's been 8 years. It's probably not as great as I remember :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I actaully watched this not that long ago. Its bit silly but honestly enjoyable for what it is, defiantly not the demon spawn everyone makes it out to be

Edited by Kurai
  • Brohoof 2

I actaully watched this not that long ago. Its bit silly but honestly enjoyable for what it is. Defiantly not the demon spwan everyone makes it out to be

Sums up My Little Pony G1 in general. I gave it a shot and my opinion of it is pretty much that of Transformers G1, It's dated but it's a very fun show to watch.

• Brohoof 2

• 7 years later...
On 2014-05-05 at 2:53 AM, Kurai said:

I actaully watched this not that long ago. Its bit silly but honestly enjoyable for what it is, defiantly not the demon spawn everyone makes it out to be

Exactly.

• Brohoof 1

Fun fact:  back around 2009-2010, I was thinking about doing parody crossover between G-1 My Little Pony and Arby 'n' the Chief.  At the time, there was quite a bit of G-1 content on youtube; I've seen plenty of G-1 episodes, but I don't think I've seen them all.

I've seen the movie, though, and honestly?  I really, really wish Hydia, Reeka, and Draggle had been in G-4.

Like, my ideal for them would've been where they were introduced in a season's premiere, then the majority of the episodes had their machinations driving either the A-plot or the B-plot.  They wouldn't be in every episode, but in more of them than not.  That'd give the villains a strong presence throughout the season, something we didn't get until Season 9.

On 2014-05-05 at 5:29 AM, Pineapple Bloom said:

I can't remember much about it but I remember liking the songs and finding the antagonists hilarious. The leader witch was like, "Stop that or I will force you to eat ice cream!" and the other witches were like, "You couldn't! Ice cream is so horrible!"

This is the other big reason why I wish they'd done this (the first reason being ):  Hydia had this Vile Villain / Laughable Lackey dynamic with her two daughters, and there's only one villain in all of G-4 who had a comedic henchman:  the Storm King had Grubber.  Every other villain pretty much worked alone.