Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's complain about work.

Kel_Grym

I hate my job. I work in fast food. All it has done is make me into a negative person that see's the lot of humanity as a ravenous beast.

My co-workers are ok...most of the time. One guy annoys the hell out of me and another guy is lazy as fuck.

Also I hate making pancakes. I have to clean the grill every time to make pancakes. It's a burger shop, not the damn Ihop. Who the hell orders pancakes at 11pm?

I shall spite you forever if you say that you do.

I had to be at school until past 10 every day last week and from 10am to 12am on Saturday working on a show. So basically I'm exhausted. I'm not getting paid but I can't stay in my media class if I don't do stuff so it's as close as I can get to work.

Oh work complaints!  I can do that.  A few days ago I got stuck with a contaminated needle.  And got rewarded by spending an hour doing paperwork about it, a trip to urgent care, blood work, and a tetanus shot!  Still waiting on the HIV results from the patient....

Also, we're understaffed at the moment.

Customers are dipshits.

The amount of people who "accidentally" miss bold print when it suits their convenience or can't read simple prompts on a display or think customer service only applies to them. I don't want to go on a rant here, but something about walking into a store brings worst tendencies in some people.

• Brohoof 1

Oh work complaints!  I can do that.  A few days ago I got stuck with a contaminated needle.  And got rewarded by spending an hour doing paperwork about it, a trip to urgent care, blood work, and a tetanus shot!  Still waiting on the HIV results from the patient....

Do you mind if I ask what field you work in?

As for hating work, I have too many complaints. I work part time at Wal Mart as a truck unloader, and I swear we are tugged around by our ears to meet impossible needs. 2,500 pieces of cargo on a trailer? Make sure you're done in 2 hours. Also, two coworkers called in, so good luck. 

The unloading crew is supposed to consist of 8 people(1 loading the line, 1 pushing freight on the line, 1 to take and sort loose freight boxes, 1 working clothes, shoes, pets, crafts, garden, electronics, and store use;  1 working groceries and front line items; 1 working Automotive, hardware, furniture/housewares; 1 working chemical and other cleaning materials; 1 working arts and crafts, bedding, Health and beauty and pharmacy) We're lucky to have 5 people working on any given day.

but the job sucks so much that you stay in a state of understaffing. 

• Brohoof 2

Damn. Hope you don't get the T-Virus or something.

Can I join the club to complain about not having a job? :(

No you lazy hobo, bum! >:I

j/k.

11pm is too late for pancakes.

but not waffles.

Luckily we don't do waffles.

(edited)

No you lazy hobo, bum! >:I

j/k.

Haha :P

Eh, at least I'm not a NEET (no job, not in school, not training). So I'm not doing too bad in life...

I apply everywhere I can, but I'm always either overqualified or underqualified.

Edited by nami438

Haha :P

Eh, at least I'm not a NEET (no job, not in school, not training). So I'm not doing too bad in life...

I apply everywhere I can, but I'm always either overqualified or underqualified.

You're never overqualified to flip patties!

Do you mind if I ask what field you work in?

I'm a nurse

Damn. Hope you don't get the T-Virus or something

The odds of contracting anything from it are incredibly small, it's just a lot of paperwork and annoyance.

But the way the job market seems to be going these days, you can be under-qualified. You either need a masters degree in culinary studies or to be a cheap TFW.  

But the way the job market seems to be going these days, you can be under-qualified. You either need a masters degree in culinary studies or to be a cheap TFW.  

I know. It stinks.

If it wasn't for my family or attachment to having a roof over my head, I'd do what this guy did and go moneyless.

(edited)

They know I'll leave them in a few months. I don't blame them, it costs money to train new employees :wacko:

Edited by nami438

• 2 weeks later...

*overreacting* Everyday I walk into this room with other people, and then there's this 1 girl who tortures me both physically and mentally by throwing balls and her keys at me, there's this other girl with amazing and beautiful hair that teases me about being short and cute, then there's this other one again that would probably choose social media and reality shows over me (how could you, I-I thought we had something). Then there's this sassy and frustrating guy who treats me like the midget I am and uses me because I give him freaking eye contact and listens to his endless complain about his life. Also this crazy fangirl and another person who acts like she have ADHD... *sighs* I mentally facepalm and ask myself why I'm friend with them but then I'll think..

Screw it, they have been so kind, sweet, fun, loveable to me and I'm happy to have a shared a long time with them, it was worth it. :)

• Brohoof 1

I worked 10pm to 6am last night.

I woke up at 3:55pm.

I have callouses on my feet.

...and I got charged $200 for breaking a headset.

Hate.This.Job.

• 7 months later...

Apparently the closing manager who I am unfortunately interacting with now more than ever thanks to this drastic and unexpected change in my schedule where I am working much much later loves to bring up the past and guilt trip. The night before Thanksgiving I said "fuck it" and I didn't face my department but did or at least try to do everything else. After a write up I didn't deserve I made sure to always do that just to shut him and my assistant manager who is an even bigger asshole up so they will leave me alone already. You would think that would be good enough but apparently New Years Eve even though I hadn't made that same mistake for a good month he still thought it was necessary to bring it up so he can guilt trip me. Ever since he got promoted to management the power has gotten to his head and has a serious listening problem. On New Years Eve he said "no more than 3 holes" on the shelf which sounds reasonable until you consider the fact that I was only working a 4 hour shift and we were out of ALOT of stuff, so I just said "I will do what I can" and somehow held back my desire to laugh at that dumbass.