Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who are those ponies in the top box?

Forlong

(edited)

Well, the Equestria Games had a top box for leaders.

Complete_Equestria_Games_brochette_S04E2

Equestria_royalty_S4E24.png

Well, we see the delegates from Saddle Arabia, Prince Blueblood, Mayor Mare, Fancy Pants, Fleur Dis Lee, and Cherry Jubilee.  I think this means that Fancy Pants and Cherry Jubilee are both mayors.  Makes sense, right?

So, what about those other four ponies?  Two of them are clearly royal or noble in some regard.  I think the pony next to Cherry is the mayor of Cloudsdale.  I'm not sure if she's a Pegasus or not, but they should have some representation.

Speaking of representation, why are there no griffins up there?

PS

Can you spot the following characters in the pic above?

Silver Shill

Hoity Toity

Sapphire Shores

Photo Finish

Coco Pommel

Braeburn

Sheriff Silverstar

Rule 63 Bulk Biceps

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 1

Can you spot the following characters in the pic above?

Silver Shill

Hoity Toity

Sapphire Shores

Photo Finish

Coco Pommel

Braeburn

Sheriff Silverstar

Rule 63 Bulk Biceps

Challenge accepted!

ILlOwnX.jpg

Except I can't find Silver Shill... must be going crazy. I was going to box the one next to Coco but he doesn't have the right jaw shape.

The guy on the right has a Nefertiti-ish hat. I'm pretty sure I've seen that hat somewhere... either I'm struggling to pinpoint it, or they've blended the styles of two types of hat to keep ambivalence. For whatever reason. And I'm not sure about the one between that guy and Blueblood. She looks like Rarity with no mane o-o

This fella right here is a Napoleon Ponyparte:

PHnO9Y6.png

but other than that this stumps me. :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thanks for the full picture! These ponies in the box is maybe what I've prefered in the episode! :D

It's not Silver Shill, but the old pony of Ponyville:

http://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-2602429-1-This_One

EDIT: Oh, I found him, he's alone on the left, it's Silver Shill indeed.

I think that's actually supposed to be Bulk Biceps' mom ..

I'm sure she is too, she's watching her son in the games. :)

Fancy Pants is with Fleur dis Lee by the way.

Regarding the 5 ponies, except Blueblood (who has not his regular cutie mark btw -_-) they might not be from Equestria.

I especially like this one:

img-2602429-2-140505054156856107.png

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Silver Shill is selling stuff at the far left, he's behind of one of Photo Finish workers. I'm curious with the other delegates too, specially the one at the left of Rarity's lookalike, I'm also sure I saw that garment somewhere

Bonus Challenge: find Cherilee twice!

There're 2 ponies who look like Cherilee indeed, but I'm not sure if it's animation error. Maybe one of them isn't Cherilee.

Fascinating.

We've got the four princesses in the top row.

We've got two foreign dignitaries, Blueblood, and what looks like two more dignitaries in the middle row.

In the last row there is Mayor Mare, Fancy Pants, Fluer De Lis, Cherry Jubilee, another pony, and what appears to be a elderly military pony.

Here are the things that I find interesting:

It is implied that each row is of reasonably similar social rankings. Which means Blueblood and the Saddle Arabian diplomats are considered to be about the same 'rank'. That makes sense from a real-world perspective, but it makes the third row *very* interesting. That would put Mayor Mare, Cherry Jubilee and Fancy Pants as community leaders, which we already pretty much knew. However...

Fluer is up there, with sufficient separation from Fancy that it appears she's up there *on her own* instead of as a pairing. So it's possible she wasn't just a bit of eye candy following Fancy around, but an actual important pony in and of herself. One that socially outranks ponies like Sapphire Shores and so on. We just don't know why yet.

The elderly military pony might be the all-up commander of the Equestrian military that the Wonderbolts (and possibly the Guard) are part of.

I agree that the one in the heavy dress in the third row is likely a pegasis, and is the Cloudsdale representative/mayor/whatever.

Blueblood's expression. He seems to be displaying some form of empathy there. Has there been off-screen character growth there?

It's technically possible that the Rarity clone in the fan headdress is a 'princess' in the same vein that Blueblood is a 'prince'. I would have preferred if Hasbro had let them call Blueblood a Duke, as that would possibly mean Clonity is a Duchess. Heck, she might be Blueblood's sister for all of that.

The final stallion in the Modius (the cylindrical hat) is curious. The Modius was historically used as daily-wear crown replacements (rather than wearing the full metal messes) for ancient theocracies, such as Egypt, Mesopotamia, etc. That strongly implies that he is another foreign dignitary along the same line as the Saddle Arabians.

Which brings up the question.... Why isn't there a Gryphon up there? They have their own team, so why isn't there a representative from that region up there in the third row? No donkeys or zebras either for that matter.

There're 2 ponies who look like Cherilee indeed, but I'm not sure if it's animation error. Maybe one of them isn't Cherilee.

It wouldn't be the first time they made that, yes, it's common for background characters, but it's funny when they do that with a major one. They also made 3 or 4 Trixies in season 1, it was in Griffon the Brush off if I'm not mistaken

Top row:  Equestrian royalty/alicorn princesses

Middle Row:  Foreign delegates (or foreign leaders) or foreign royalty.  With the exception of Prince Blueblood to possibly sit there to represent Canterlot specifically.

Bottom row: local (across Equestria) governmental administrators and high upper class bourgeois elite

So essentially the 1%.

And the seats: the plebs

Still waiting for someone to say,

WHERE ALL THE ZEBRAS AT?

Also, no Griffon dignitaries? I swore I saw competitors for them...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Still waiting for someone to say,

WHERE ALL THE ZEBRAS AT?

Also, no Griffon dignitaries? I swore I saw competitors for them...

Totally uninvited because ponies are racists   Animators probably forgot to put them in.  It's truly strange to have griffons participate in the Equestrian games yet no Griffin dignitaries are present  (what's up with that animators?).

Same with Zebras, where were they?

What about minotaurs ?  Surely Iron Will isn't the only minotaur in Equestria.  Might they have a location in Equestria?

Edited by pony.colin

Top Row: Equestrian Royalty

Middle Row: Royal and foreign delegates

Bottom Row: Canterlot elite upper class and government officials

Challenge done!

Well, one of them is Prince Blueblood, that's pretty obvious. The two to the left of him have appeared previously before with Celestia in one episode (it slips my mind!), but I'm not sure who the two to the right of him are. Maybe rulers from non-Equestrian lands that were invited as special guests by Celestia?

• 8 years later...

COMPLETE LIST

Top to bottom, left to right:

Princess Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Mi Amore "Cadance" Cadenza, two unnamed Saddle-Arabian delegates, Prince Blueblood, Unnamed Duchess of Maretonia, Unnamed Duke of Maretonia, Mayor Mare, Fancy Pants, Fleur de Lis, Cherry Jubilee, "Serene Dignitary" (Officially named in Gameloft's MLP game), and "Stuffy Dignitary" (Officially named in Gameloft's MLP game).