Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you sometimes wish you were a different gender?

TheMarkz0ne

Do you?  

88 users have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• I would prefer to be the opposite gender.
    • I'm fine the way I am
    • I wish I could be both.

I wish I was born female, and once I'm living on my own I am hopefully going to be able to transition over to female. I plan on getting sex reassignment surgery.

• Brohoof 3

No argument from me. I may disagree with your point of view, but I'm not one to marginalize. I realized that I may be have been insensitive to the original poster by making my first reply was a ridiculous one. I saw that this might actually be a serious topic so I wanted to address it that way for the benefit for the OP.

We cool. B)

Can't say that I do. I think all of us have at some point in our lives and even periodically wonder what it would be like to be the other gender, even if we're content with the way we are. A few times I've thought of ways particular situations may have gone differently if I was female or where I might be in my life right now had I been born as one. But no, I've never had the urge to be female, and since being male is all I know, you could say that I'm accustomed to it.

• Brohoof 1

It's true I have wondered sometimes what it would be like if I were female but I like being male. Same as my thoughts on changing history, I wouldn't change something that is already good knowing there's a possibility of making it bad. And besides, nobody is 100% male or female. We are both, although the dominant gender is far above 50% in "normal" circumstances.  It's normal to question sexuality because we're human and we can think thus we can question. I would also like to share, with my strong belief in science, that gender can be changed to an incredible amount. 

• Brohoof 1

@Osmiumburst

Not sure I exactly agree with that. I mean, yes genetically the sex chromosomes are different, but individuals are more than a genetic starting point. We are formed by genetics that can't change, and others that can (epigenetics), by conditioning, and experiences, and applying the things that we come across on a daily basis, we define ourselves. I see no problem with identifying with another gender.

I genuinely feel for someone who feels like their are a prisoner in their own body.

Epigenetics is very real and a proven fact. Science just wants to stay in gene slavery and depress people. 

Though I don't feel people are defined by their gender, there's no one I'd rather be than who I am / what gender I am.  That being said xD, I've had a good number of dreams in which I cross-dressed, became a girl, or played the role of a female character invented by my sub-conscious.  And they were fun dreams.  Once I was a magical girl that could create and float about unseen in giant bubbles; though I often just check myself out in a mirror (I'm always attractive in these dreams - not so in real life).  Perhaps if that whole "curse" deal from Ranma 1/2 were real I'd get me some of that LOL.  Otherwise, I'm happy with who / what I am.  TMI: I'm wearing colorful girls' socks right now. :catface:

• Brohoof 2

I am male and heterosexual. I'm just fine with being a man but I have had moments where I've thought it would be cool to be a girl. Most people in general, I think have feelings like that. It doesn't mean that you should get transgenderized, though.

I think my reasoning is because, as a heterosexual guy, there are alot of women I find really attractive. And that gives these women power over me. In some ways. So if I was female I could make myself attractive looking and be powerful. But then I realized I can do that as a man also. *struts around in a business suit with a briefcase*

• Brohoof 1

@TheMarkz0ne - Of course Epigenetics are real. It occurs in all eukaryotes during CD (I can't believe I can spell eukaryotes without looking it up, but used the wrong spelling for canon. Sigh). I actually used the term thinking of behavioral epigenetics, since gender identity was the topic, and the distinction between these were viable. You can't alter your DNA, but we now know that it isn't the end all anymore.

I don't get the second part though. Are you talking about using allele expression to augment human features, abilities, health, etc.?

@TheMarkz0ne - Of course Epigenetics are real. It occurs in all eukaryotes during CD (I can't believe I can spell eukaryotes without looking it up, but used the wrong spelling for canon. Sigh). I actually used the term thinking of behavioral epigenetics, since gender identity was the topic, and the distinction between these were viable. You can't alter your DNA, but we now know that it isn't the end all anymore.

I don't get the second part though. Are you talking about using allele expression to augment human features, abilities, health, etc.?

I am talking about internal DNA as in Darwin's original idea that humans are just machines and nothing in them can be altered. That is a view that Richard Dawkins has. The man is simply deluded! He talks about how genetics are 100% everything.. Yet knows nothing about the human mind. Dawkins is also a pseudo-nihilist. Meaning he says life has no meaning or purpose because genetics are everything. Yet he stands up for women's rights(a good thing). I guess he has the " I save women gene inside him" lol.

That was an example. But scientist want to deny epigenetics. Youtube Bruce Lipton. He stuck with Darwin's view for nearly 20 years and is no being accused of being a new ager.. Because he now has a deist spiritual view of science that he proved to be true. Lipton actually removed the nucleus from a cell to prove that it still functions without its nucleus and that DNA is dictated by human free will and also how we interact with our environment.

I'll admit there are some days when I feel I would be better suited as male because of the way I act and feel sometimes, I also enjoy being female. I've been told I act more like a guy sometimes in situations but then I do have my share of girly moments.

• Brohoof 1

I am happy being a guy but I will admit that I am curious about what it is like to be a girl and if given the chance I would become one temporarily just to see what it is like although I am not too bad looking of a guy I think I would one hell of an ugly woman. 

I wish I was born a girl but I wasn't. I wouldn't be happy with transitioning I don't have a feminine enough body for my liking and I'm just too busy.

I wish I could be both. Not being called "Gay" for liking certain things must be awesome for girls. Girls don't have it as well off as guys, but they have a few advantages. They can hit others and get away with it, and they can get "Gentlemen" to do some things for them.

I am fine just the way I am, but I wonder about this topic all the time. Maybe somedays being a girl would be great, and other times maybe being a guy would be great.

It confuses me that obsession over gender is going up while the relevance of gender roles is going down.

People, stop being illogical. It's mucking up my brain.

In the case of this topic, if one were to change their gender they could go a long way in preventing stereotypes of the opposite gender knowing how one side thinks and getting to know how the other thinks as well. Potentially unbiased and informed formation of personality while taking in the biased sides of all parties.

Perhaps the obsession with genders is so prevalent because the more the line blurs the easier it is to see traits that are clear cut since there will be far fewer people who take part in a gender's stereotypes, intentionally or otherwise.

I am who I'm suppose to be.  I'm content being male.  I'm not trans in any way.  But for a lot of complex reasons, I've often felt like, somehow, my life would have been easier/better if I was female.  Often times I kind of wish I was born female.  But I know that wouldn't really solve anything.  I probably wouldn't actually feel differently.  I would just have different problems from a different perspective.  I could write a friggin book on this, but I don't want keep going on about it anymore right now.

And btw, OP, I get what you're saying.  I don't think you're alone in the way you feel.  I have close friends who have similar feelings.

• 3 years later...

Actually yes, still to this day I feel I'd make a better girl than guy. I had even considered transitioning when I move out. Though not anymore, after a lot of thinking I realized that isn't the life for me. So now I'm content being a man, though I still wonder what it'd be like being the opposite sex.

I think I'm pretty content the way I am. :) I don't really think there's anything being a female would offer me, other than different chromosomes and genitalia; the best aspects of my life are experienced by both sexes! :rarity:

I can't even imagine being male or wanting to be a different gender than I was born. I enjoy being a girl and doing girly things. I'm not good at most things guys are into and I don't have enough interest in a lot of it to even try. I am what I am, with no pretenses, additives or preservatives. Just me. Trying to be something else sounds like too much work. 

I am sometimes curious as to how certain situations would be like if I was the other gender but I don't have any desire to be the other gender. And if I'm ever curious enough, @Lucky Bolt is basically the female version of me so I can just ask her.:P