Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite song in Season 4?

Adorkable

Favorite Song of Season 4  

73 users have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite song in Season 4?

• Hearts as Strong as Horses
    • Bats
    • Generosity
    • Apples to the Core
    • Glass of Water
    • Pinkie the Party Planner
    • The Super Duper Party Pony
    • Pinkie's Lament
    • The Goof Off
    • Cheese Confesses
    • Make a Wish
    • Music in the Treetops
    • Find the Music in You
    • Flim Flam Miracle Curative Tonic
    • The rappin' Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts
    • Know That Your Time is Coming Soon
    • Let the Rainbow Remind You

(edited)

Hi! :)

So, we all have our favorite song in each season. Which one is yours in Season 4? :)

I'm sure some are concerned that Season 4 is not over until Saturday.

(How exciting! :D )

And the fact that we don't know (but highly speculate) if there will be a song in the finale or not.

I have the option left open if you decide to go ahead and vote now and decide to come back and change your vote to the/a song from the Season 4 finale.

That's fine if you want to! :)

So I went and searched for every song in Season 4, even the short ones.

And to help you out, if needed, I provided the names of the song with links to them if you would like to listen before making your vote.

Have fun, everypony! :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Hearts as Strong as Horses

Bats

Generosity

Apples to the Core

Glass of Water

Pinkie the Party Planner (with Reprise)

The Super Duper Party Pony

Pinkie's Lament

The Goof Off

Cheese Confesses

Make a Wish

Music in the Treetops (With Reprise)

Find the Music in You

Flim Flam Miracle Curative Tonic

The rappin' Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts

Know That Your Time is Coming Soon

Let the Rainbow Remind You

EDIT: Added the 2 new songs from the finale! ^^

Edited by Adorkable
  • Brohoof 2

It was a tie between Bats and Find The Music in You, but I have decided that Bats might be my favorite S4 song (and possibly favorite song of MLP).

It's either the Goof Off or Make A Wish. Something about Pinkie Pride's songwriting in particular was just sublime. Also, they had Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich, 1st and 2nd best ponies, so that helps :)

I mean, the Goof Off was so crazy! It was a musical duel, and it was by far the most entertaining song on the show. The back and forth as Pinkie and Cheese continuously seek to outdo each other, with results getting more and more wild by the minute. The tones and effects of the song itself/instrumentation encompassed both Pinkie's personality and the style of Weird Al's discography, in fact they got the perfect balance of the two. And on each watch you catch a new detail as well. It's pretty much everything you could want in a song.

Make A Wish was equally awesome. I don't care if it was short, it was catchy, celebratory and a perfect wrap-up song to the best episode of the series. It really felt like the climax; Pinkie and Cheese have had all their rivalries, and thrown all their party energy around, and now that they were friends they could finally both be totally satisfied - and that really shows in this song! :) Plus, it's Pinkie and Cheese again, so once again, that helps ;)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My favourite Season 4 song is Generosity. The songs that Rarity sings are always great, and this one is just as gorgeous as Art of the Dress and Becoming Popular. I really like jazz or songs with that "metropolis" feeling to it, and Generosity has that. Kazumi Evan's singing is also gorgeous to hear as always. Also, it comes from arguably my favourite episode of the show, Rarity Takes Manehatten.

I also really like Make A Wish, but not as much as Generosity. :P

Edited by Sawk
  • Brohoof 2

I gotta say Bats, because I like how AJ and FS play off each other and it has a real epic feel to it. I also love the gag during the song where it shows all of their faces and they say "stop the bats" and then pinkie is the only one smiling. I love little visual things like that

(edited)

My favorite songs from season 4 are "Bats", "Make A Wish", & "The Goof Off" (Especially Pinkie's Spanish part).

Edited by Samurott77

Find the Music in you! It's so awesome and catchy, and I always think of Flutterguy when I hear it XD

Generosity is a close second, because it's a lovely song with nice lyrics, and Rarity sings beautifully :)

• Brohoof 1

Of coarse I'm gonna go with Pinkie's Lament. The song shows Pinkie with depth and she really sings her heart out in it. You'd think Pinkie Pie singing a sad song would be unheard of but in this case it's not. It's also got the triumphant moment at the end where she starts to get happy again bringing the song to an epic moment. It's also  got some of the best animation I've ever seen in the show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I liked Cheese Confesses because the song reminded me when I felt sad a bit until I was introduced to MLP FIM and that helped me changed my way a little. :)

Also, I liked Find the Music in you because the Ponytones reminds me of Pitch-Perfect or Glee.

Edited by BNguyen96
  • Brohoof 1

Generosity, naturally :D

A beautiful song befitting of a beautiful mare with a beautiful voice :wub:

It ranks as my 3rd favorite song of the series, unfortunately; "Art of the Dress" and "Becoming Popular" are 2 and 1, respectively :D

• Brohoof 1

Bats and the Pinkie Pie rap were the only ones that are even memorable for me. I'd probably have to say Bats.

Pinkies Lament. Her character really needed a song like PL this season. If not for this, and the Maude Pie episode she really would have gone underdeveloped.

Also, where's Spikes Cloudsdale anthem? ;)

• Brohoof 1

Hard to pick between Pinkie's Lament, Bats, Generosity, Hearts As Strong As Horses, Make a Wish, The Goof Off, and Find The Music In You. So, I'll go with those songs.

Hearts as Strong as Horses really touched my heart, but I also like Bats, even though it felt more like a Halloween song to be played at a haunted house...

(edited)

The bats song became my favorite song of the show!

Applejack and Fluttershy make a great duo, it's a very catchy song. :D

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Oh man... I'm torn between Bats, Hearts as Strong as Horses, and Apples to the Core. ;~;

For me, it's a tie between Make a Wish and Apples to the Core.

Since Twilight didn't have any singing roles this season... (yet?)

With the strong rivalry between Hearts as Strong as Horses and Bats as my second.

For my favorite, both have their flaws. I don't particularly enjoy Granny Smith's singing role, and Big Mac didn't get a part. For Make a Wish, it was unacceptably short. But yet, both are amazing songs.

Overall, I think I'll go with Make a Wish, the song is just so amazing and while it's not a long song by any means, remixes have seen to that at an instant!

• Brohoof 1

Tough toss-up between Bats and Apples to the Core.

Bats is incredible, of course. Among the catchiest songs this show has ever had, and certainly very distinct. Don't think I need to harp on the Danny Elfman connection as everyone has already done so over 9000 times (although I know a lot of people here weren't even born when some of his most iconic pieces were made). I've heard it more times than I can count, and it has few good remixes or covers from what I can find. I didn't even enjoy Aftermath's remix, and I typically love them. Certainly stands apart from nearly every other song I can recall, with more similarities to the This Day aria than anything else, at least according to my limited musical knowledge and lackluster critiquing abilities. Maybe it's just more challenging to pull off well.

Apples to the Core was so endearing. For those who don't know, despite Twilight being my favorite pony, the element of loyalty is the one I most relate to and that has the strongest presence within me. This song itself is catchy enough, but the theme of familial loyalty, that they'll face anything together, is something that really touches me. My family and I have gone through some rough times recently, and I can't help but think of Apples to the Core every time something comes up to test us. What really surprised me about this song is how it made me realize how kindred Big Mac is to myself. Both of us tend to be very quiet and reserved (although I'm working on that), but despite our silence, nothing means more to us than those we love and we'll fly to their side at the drop of a hat. Apples to the Core... made me feel like an Apple, and it was wonderful! :lol:

Not to mention that it was also very catchy and spawned a number of great remixes. :catface:

• Brohoof 2