Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite song in Season 4?

Adorkable

Favorite Song of Season 4  

73 users have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite song in Season 4?

• Hearts as Strong as Horses
    • Bats
    • Generosity
    • Apples to the Core
    • Glass of Water
    • Pinkie the Party Planner
    • The Super Duper Party Pony
    • Pinkie's Lament
    • The Goof Off
    • Cheese Confesses
    • Make a Wish
    • Music in the Treetops
    • Find the Music in You
    • Flim Flam Miracle Curative Tonic
    • The rappin' Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts
    • Know That Your Time is Coming Soon
    • Let the Rainbow Remind You

(edited)

I already know that the song that was teased for the finale will be my favorite and may rival Celestia's Ballad and I Have to Find a Way. I mean you can't beat

three princesses (maybe four) singing.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1

Here's a YouTube clip of my favorite.

This one started very well, I was really disappointed Scootaloo interrupted it...-_-

hands down, not even trying here, apples to the core is my favorite song of the season and I'm surprised not many have picked it. Oh well more for me!

I'm glad I didn't watch the animatic with the song because that would've ruined the episode for me, I hate spoilers so much, as soon as I watched the episode, I was hooked by the melody, I didn't quite get the lyrics in the first try but when I discoverd them it warmed my heart and made me smile.

The song is ridiculously catchy, I had it trapped inside my head for weeks, the lyrics are beautiful and I like the visual animation of it, it's also my favorite from all the song.

Bats! is a second, I didn't like the song at first, but after watching the episode more times, I quite ended up liking the song.

• Brohoof 2

This one started very well, I was really disappointed Scootaloo interrupted it... -_-

That's what I liked about it.  It was incredibly funny.  Also, I thought it started off sounding lame, which added to my delight in the early termination.

It was once Pinkie's Lament

Then I heard this

Chills. Every single time.

That spoiler...

I didn't watch it, but if there's a new song in the season finale, we have to modify the poll.

• Brohoof 1

Ehhhh the S4 songs haven't been that memorable for the most part to me, but I'd probably go with Generosity. Pretty nice song, and the reprise was sexyyyy. The songs in Pinkie Pride and Filli Vanilli were pretty nice too. Oh yeah, should mention that I haven't heard the songs from the upcoming finale yet.

(edited)

Bats, for sure!

It reminded Artemis of This Day Aria, but more than anything (other than Danny Elfman) it reminded me of What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me, particularly in AJ's part. There's something similar in their cadence that I can't quite put my finger on, but it might be good for me to find out because whatever that is, I like it.  :lol:

The real This Day Aria clone is the Find A Pet Song at 2:43.

"THE TRUTH IS I DON'T CARE FOR TANK AT ALLLL"

Anyhow, incredibly catchy, the music fits their arguments perfectly, Applejack has a great singing voice as we all found out in Season 3, and it's useful for storytelling purposes to expand on their viewpoints. While it does introduce the problematic aspect of the plot (everyone vs Fluttershy), that's not a fault with the song itself. I find myself singing it all the time.

Not to mention the visuals! That whole episode Bats! is a treat for the eyes, I tells ya.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

Season 4 has had some really great songs, my favorite of which is Apples To The Core. I also love Hearts As Strong As Horses, Find The Music In You and Bats.

(edited)

It's really tough to pick because so far Season 4 hasn't disappointed me with its song collection, I'd have to say my two favorite songs are You'll Play Your Part and Apples To The Core.

Edited by MLPFanatic34

(edited)

I didn't really like the songs of the season finale.

I hate that Tara Strong doesn't do Twilight's voice when she sings...

Edited by Blobulle

My favorite song from Season 4 probably has to be Pinkie's lament. They nailed everything in that song. The music was good, lyrics were good, and I loved the lighting they used near the end! Not to mention it's one of those rare serious Pinkie moments.

• Brohoof 1

I posted my reason for liking the alicorn song (You'll Play Your Part) already, so here's what I have to say about it:

Of all the songs in Season 4, and this is coming from a musician, I find that "You'll Play Your Part" to be the most developed song yet in terms of musical structure: It's wildly changing tempo, harmonizing the vocals to a very high level, and its lack of a verse-chorus-structure that most generic songs tend to have. Instead, this song's strucutre follows the "Call and Response Phrase," which is basically the same phrase sung successively by different instruments/vocals. It's actually a very rare musical structure in the show, with Pinkie's Lament being the only other time this happens. And when done right, you'll get this wonderful feeling of a buildup.

The lyrics are not something you'd see from a SGAP song, but I thought it was rather innocent and still depicts that the show is still meant for its target demographic while the subtext of the song is about how after we overcome some of our hardest obstacles, which I can relate to college very well. Even with all of life's blessings, we are sometimes unable to figure out what our next chapter of our lives are and our overall purpose is :)

Anyways, if I had to choose one song of Season 4 that transcends the level of "Disney Magic" that people often compare MLP:FiM to, this song is it.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm, I'd say this is probably the best part of Season 4, the songs.

The plot was to fast, like they were rushing.

The ending could've been a season on it's own.

But some of the songs they really were good with! I really liked some of them, to me my favorite was Glass of Water, that was brilliant!

(edited)

As much as I love the song 'Generosity' and of course Rarity, my favorite song in season 4 is definitely Pinkie's Lament. It's just so gorgeous, and Pinkie's singer's best performance on the whole show imo. I'd say that song alone along with the episode it was in even really bumped up how I felt about Pinkie Pie since season 3 where I didn't like her as much, and now I'd call her my 3rd favorite mane 6 pony. Love that song to death I do. :D

Generosity is a very, very close second though, with other runner-ups being Let the Rainbow Remind You, Glass of Water, Bats, The Goof-Off, Cheese Confesses, Apples to the Core, and You'll Play Your Part. :yay:

Edited by Radiance64
  • Brohoof 2

You'll Play Your Part, Let the Rainbow Remind You, and Pinkie's Lament. I've sung the first and the last multiple times, and the only reason I haven't sung LtRRY is that I haven't learned it yet! ^3^