Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Does anyone enjoy Hip Hop and Rap?

CosmicHooves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f0xfkN_zg8

What just happened here??? :mellow:  :mellow:

... I'm not sure. I think this topic just got...

Derailed.

Oh, and since Shady Bubbles reminded me, I just remembered one of my favorite songs off of Dinner and a Movie was Siccem. It's not the best song off of the album, but I love it because it's catchy and because it's basically a Lynchified version of Brr Stick 'Em by The Beastie Boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xOUc9r63rA

We don't speak of Fred Durst   ;)

This thread is now owned by rapping trains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AWBf0hbeMU

Okay, I'm sorry Biggie, but DMX is actually best train!

Never heard this one before! DMX is freaking awesome!

• Brohoof 2

Yes, yes I do! Here's in fact some sort of tribute:

As long as it's clean. Most of the stuff with the good and catchy beats are filled with garbage lyrics. 

King Los is your man. He takes all the best beats and gives them a healthy dose of wordplay

(edited)

I enjoy rap.

Most people criticize it as "immature", which is mostly true. Rap is mainly about punchlines, rhyme schemes, and flow; whereas rock music is more about the instrumentals and choruses. Don't take it so seriously too often, because while there are plenty of rap songs with positive messages, a lot of it is primarily for entertainment purposes only, which is how I like music for the most part.

As long as it's clean. Most of the stuff with the good and catchy beats are filled with garbage lyrics. 

I like cussing in rap. It adds to the lyricism and overall tone of the song in my opinion. Although sometimes it's overdone.

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 1

I know this may be an unpopular liking of music, but it's just what I'm into.

At least where I live (And generally across the country) Rap is considered 'cool' by the masses of street thugs that seem to make up about 80% of our population, who believe that mugging a pensioner makes them 'well bad lads' and 'gangsters'.

Personally, I don't mind it. to paraphrase Yhatzee: "I don't have anything objectively against rap music - I just cant seem to get along with the way that all of the songs are about 'guns', 'ho's', and 'guns shooting ho's'."

Now that's more like it! You don't need all them curse words to express yourself. 

I like all kinds of raps, even explicit ones, but it's the non-explicit ones that usually stick with me more to an extent.

Here's one of my faves from when I was a kid! Oldie but a goodie by Newcleus:

I like all kinds of raps, even explicit ones, but it's the non-explicit ones that usually stick with me more to an extent.

Here's one of my faves from when I was a kid! Oldie but a goodie by Newcleus:

Oh now that's totally classic. I totally prefer rap of back then despite the lack of bass. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah, though I actually don't listen to the radio all that much anymore, so I don't hear a lot of the mainstream stuff. I end up running into tracks like 

and

Kinda wish I ran into rap and hip-hop more often but...

Edited by Mutemutt

Need more "whiate" rap. Instead of Eminem, I give you House of Pain.