Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Does anyone enjoy Hip Hop and Rap?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

Need more "whiate" rap. Instead of Eminem, I give you House of Pain.

George Watsky is one of the whitest people ever, but sweet Celestia can that man rap :wub:

Edited by Shady Bubbles
  • Brohoof 1

Old-school rap, for sure. Em, Jay-Z, Nas, 2Pac, Biggie, '90s/early 2000's rap basically. Some modern stuff is alright, like Kid Cudi, MGK, Lupe Fiasco, Tyler the Creator and Kendrick Lamar. Must of it is just bad though.

To be fair, just about every genre of music is pretty bad. Rock has lots of duds and so does Country. I'm sure other genres have plenty of bad as well.

And so that I contribute something...

One of my early 2000's jams.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I can enjoy hip-hop on very rare occasions and that depends on the tune of it. Rap is one of my least favorite music genres, a lot of it I barely even consider it to be music. Even if the beat behind it is good, half of the time it is done by someone other than the rapper and they aren't noticed for it so meh. I really don't like the vast majority of rap.

Some of it's pretty good, honestly the genre i listen to the least (coming only second to covered classical). I really like the pioneering nature of "The Roots".

Rap music used to be amazing, more often than not. However, as of around 2005, its quality has been taking a downfall. It's still ongoing, sadly. Just ask Lil' Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Rae Sremmurd and DJ Mustard. 

• Brohoof 1

Rap music used to be amazing, more often than not. However, as of around 2005, its quality has been taking a downfall. It's still ongoing, sadly. Just ask Lil' Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Rae Sremmurd and DJ Mustard. 

Eh. Depends on the artists. Know a lot of good underground artists.

"but you probably haven't heard of them" 

*puts on hipster sunglasses*

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I didn't use to perticularly like it a whole lot but I started to like it more and more since I started to work together with some small fandom rappers to make music. I can rap a little myself but I mainly sing and working with some really fun people to create rap and hip-hop music has been a great experience that taught me how to appreciate a new genre of music. 

• 3 years later...