Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nuclear Weapons Are Detonated In Equestria

GXPBlast

(edited)

Lets just say humans secretly make it into Equestria and see the ponies as a threat. They understand the magic of the ponies as well as the Elements of Harmony, They also have studied the dangers of Discord seeing him as a bigger threat than the Alicorns. They are going into this battle prepared.

Later the Air force sends in multiple F22 and F35 fighter jets into Equestria armed with nuclear tipped devices as well as launching multiple ICBM's armed with MIRVs and dummy warheads to confuse any pony or Discord from pinpointing the correct warheads.

Nuclear devices are detonated in clouds dale, evertree forest, and any other major location all in the megatons range.

However the largest warheads are set for Canterlot with the mane 6, princesses, and Discord are residing trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Before they can come up with a plan  a warhead from an ICBM detonates around 100 megatons right above the castle destroying everything in its path.

This will probably be the worst event the MLP universe would have faced and nothing even comes close (except in uncannon fanfics). The worst Equestria has faced is NMM , Changelings, and Tirek in terms of destruction.

After this event does anypony, the princesses or Discord Survive after the nuclear devices have detonated? Keep in mind in this scenario there is no prior warning to stop the warheads as humans have studied the ponies and Discords magical abilities to avoid any detection until the warheads have already gone off  and it would be to late as its only seconds before the largest warheads are detonated over the canterlot castle. Basically after the initial blast are their bodies durable enough to withstand the blast since the Alicorns and Discord are claimed to be immortal? 

When making your decision base it off what the cannon MLP has been through and what they are capable of and not uncannon fanfics

Here are some videos for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zj1XZgtdEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkAI7nuK_J4

Edited by GXPBlast

This situation is extremely unlikely to every occur in any fan made scenario but even so I would have to think that if Princess Celestia were to know about the nuclear devices she would be able to protect against of safely defuse them at a range. She does have full control of the gigantic nuclear furnace in the sky after all.

Otherwise it would be safe to assume that if anyone did survive, it wouldn't be for long due to the inability to produce food from the irradiated surroundings.

Unless they were to colonize the moon, no one survives. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Um, how did F22s and F35s fit through this?  

This is a total hypothetical "what if" scanerio so that mirror does not come into play. Somehow humans managed to make their own portal into equestria and andall hell broke loose with nuclear fire raining down on all of Equestria.

Edited by GXPBlast

We haven't even made portals in the real world, so how will we be able to make them in the non-fictional realm? 

XD I am not going to make a whole explanation on how they got there, it just happened with science and interdimentional travel through human made portals. Like fanfics this is totally made up and like I said is a "what if" scenario. This thread is not about explaining how we got there its what happens after for some reason we make it there, see them as a threat and detonate hundreds of warheads while being well prepared by making strategic plans without getting noticed which has happened in this scenario as all the device have been detonated.

If we assume then yeah, totally possible.

The initial detonation of the bomb would kill most ponies in the area. Then the shock wave that'll soon after that would kill the ponies within the vicinity… if not the miles.

Then everyone either dies from injuries, radiation, or starvation. And due to that, the leaders could recline in their office chairs saying, "What threat?"

Well, nuclear weapons detonated on Equestria....................only Mankind, itself would do something that foolish and devastating. Yet, for ponies to develop the Manhattan Project..........would not be likely, b/c the way they are "presented", they are peaceful, compared to man, who are "monsters" of Earth, but that's a different discussion.  

Sorry but i hate these hypothetical "what if" scenarios of HIE especially when there's no reason for them to be asked. If humans set off nukes in Equestria (and why on earth WOULD that occur) a lot of ponies would die and there'd be lots of radiation. What else are we to say?  

Sounds like a bad fanfic.

• Brohoof 2

Major areas can produce forcefields to protect them. Individual unicorns can also protect themselves. Being aware of such planes coming their way the ponies would certainly raise them out of paranoia at least. Major cities would go undamaged while surroundings would be irradiated. Then Twilight or any unicorn e.t.c. would do magic and they would protect themselves with suits we have seen them wearing and would fix everything... then back to the offensive.
207550__safe_applejack_comic_force+field
anti-hate-shields1.gif

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If we assume then yeah, totally possible.

The initial detonation of the bomb would kill most ponies in the area. Then the shock wave that'll soon after that would kill the ponies within the vicinity… if not the miles.

Then everyone either dies from injuries, radiation, or starvation. And due to that, the leaders could recline in their office chairs saying, "What threat?"

It would be like all we see is fried marshmallow ponies. No threat to be seen here. Edited by GXPBlast

Quick! Get every single Mary Sue in Equestria to stop this nuclear holocaust in 10 seconds flat! OR, you could do what Superman did and stuff all the nuclear missiles into a giant shopping bag in space! XD

post-18648-0-69095800-1399565464_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-43041400-1399565482_thumb.jpg

Yeah.... don't go down this route....

(edited)

Otherwise it would be safe to assume that if anyone did survive, it wouldn't be for long due to the inability to produce food from the irradiated surroundings.

Unless they were to colonize the moon, no one survives.

Yep the planet would most likely strealized and I don't think the moon would be a great place to live but most likly nopony would make it there are all of the bombs were already detonated in strategic timely strikes before anypony had time to react. Edited by GXPBlast

(edited)

Well, if this happened, I'd get in my car, drive to whoever the hell thought this was a good idea and tie them to a hundred bricks, then throw them into the ocean. After that I go to Equestria and sacrifice my body as a toy for Luna as a peace offering hoping they  accept my offer. If they don't accept, then I'll say that I openly disagree with the majority of humans

Plus I'm sure Lyra has prepared for this and gave the princesses protection plans of some sort

Edited by Sexy Saxophone Man

Guys guys... this isn't a talk about the consequences of nukes on common ponies which i think would mostly be same as humans... this is a question whether ponykind as a whole would survive and if major forces of the canonverse would survive.

The Princesses and beings of high power would most likely instictively react to the blasts covering at least themselves if not their major settlements in force fields after noticing "Strange mechanical War-Birds" across the sky. Also if magic is able to reverse complete makeovers like what Rarity did within days then nukes might just be a tad bit harder. But still not impossible.

(edited)

Guys guys... this isn't a talk about the consequences of nukes on common ponies which i think would mostly be same as humans... this is a question whether ponykind as a whole would survive and if major forces of the canonverse would survive.

The Princesses and beings of high power would most likely instictively react to the blasts covering at least themselves if not their major settlements in force fields after noticing "Strange mechanical War-Birds" across the sky. Also if magic is able to reverse complete makeovers like what Rarity did within days then nukes might just be a tad bit harder. But still not impossible.

The thing is that in this scenario humanity has prepared and successfully managed to distract the ponies, discord, and alicorns and it was to late as around 100 megatons of nuclear fire has been unleashed right over the castle. Any forcefield would be obliterated in the cannon MLP universe as nothing can prepare them for a weapons of that magnitude and destruction. The only hope they would have if they did have enough time to escape would be to teleport to another world but would not be able to return as their planet would be devoid of life and would be a death sentence to go back there due to the immense amount of radiation.

I found some really informative videos on what nukes can do and after watching these, there is no way any pony can survive even with so called force field was put into place with only seconds to prepare. Since cannon MLP has never experienced such power and fo course the violence would not be allowed by Hasbro, they would have no idea how to protect themselves the destructive power alone would overwhelm them. The worst they faced was NMM and  Changlings and I think hundreds of nuclear weapons dwarf that considerably.

Edited by GXPBlast

Any forcefield would be obliterated in the cannon MLP universe as nothing can prepare them for a weapons of that magnitude and destruction.
Yea... may i remind you what Rainbow Dash can do with the Sonic Rainboom? The Rainbow Nuke he shot at Lesson Zero? Or how about the huge blast that blew all the changelings away? For heaven's sake it's magic we're talking about...

The thing is that in this scenario humanity has prepared and successfully managed to distract the ponies, discord, and alicorns and it was to late as around 100 megatons of nuclear fire has been unleashed right over the castle.
Very unlikely and you're filling this scenario with far more "What if?s" than you should. There should be one what if... not many. 

I found some really informative videos on what nukes can do and after watching these, there is no way any pony can survive even with so called force field was put into place with only seconds to prepare.
We have no idea about that since no forcefield has been tested. They have been present but never actually tested. And no the changelings breaking into Canterlot doesn't count. I suppose Sombra could count a bit... but anyways... i hardly think that beings like Alicorns or Discord would fail to survive. Hell Discord would just flip his fingers and wear shades avoiding everything.

Since cannon MLP has never experienced such power and fo course the violence would not be allowed by Hasbro, they would have no idea how to protect themselves the destructive power alone would overwhelm them. The worst they faced was NMM and  Changlings and I think hundreds of nuclear weapons dwarf that considerably.
As i said... the love-blast might have been changeling specific but the power is still there. They have faced though the wedigos which are continent destroyers. Figure they can put all of Equestria into Ice within a day or two if left unchecked.  

The power of the nukes is clear... the immediate death count would be great. Twilight, Cadence, Discord, Luna, Celestia having power of "Magic", "Love", "Chaos", "The moon", "The sun" would definately survive because the power of those things as a whole are vastly superior to a chemical reaction like that. All they have to do is hang on long enough for Discord to snap his fingers and start making things with him back to normal. Regardless this scenario has a body count big enough. Surely they wouldn't be military worthy at once but if they dealt with this quickly enough they would even go to the offensive. Then you're fucked... royally.

Yea... may i remind you what Rainbow Dash can do with the Sonic Rainboom? The Rainbow Nuke he shot at Lesson Zero? Or how about the huge blast that blew all the changelings away? For heaven's sake it's magic we're talking about...

Very unlikely and you're filling this scenario with far more "What if?s" than you should. There should be one what if... not many.

We have no idea about that since no forcefield has been tested. They have been present but never actually tested. And no the changelings breaking into Canterlot doesn't count. I suppose Sombra could count a bit... but anyways... i hardly think that beings like Alicorns or Discord would fail to survive. Hell Discord would just flip his fingers and wear shades avoiding everything.

As i said... the love-blast might have been changeling specific but the power is still there. They have faced though the wedigos which are continent destroyers. Figure they can put all of Equestria into Ice within a day or two if left unchecked.

The power of the nukes is clear... the immediate death count would be great. Twilight, Cadence, Discord, Luna, Celestia having power of "Magic", "Love", "Chaos", "The moon", "The sun" would definately survive because the power of those things as a whole are vastly superior to a chemical reaction like that. All they have to do is hang on long enough for Discord to snap his fingers and start making things with him back to normal. Regardless this scenario has a body count big enough. Surely they wouldn't be military worthy at once but if they dealt with this quickly enough they would even go to the offensive. Then you're fucked... royally.

Until I can see the MLP universe face anything close to the destruction of a nuclear weapon and survive an extinction level event like that I won't be convinced. But since it's a family friendly kids show on the hub network that will never happen as

death and planet destruction is involved.

But to each their own.

Until I can see the MLP universe face anything close to the destruction of a nuclear weapon and survive an extinction level event like that I won't be convinced. But since it's a family friendly kids show on the hub network that will never happen as

death and planet destruction is involved.

But to each their own.

In other words before creating this thread you had already commited on your opinion and i was just speaking to a deaf guy? What's the point of making an arguement about it and making the "What if?" scenario? You should just state your opinion like that... and we wouldn't waste two pages figuring it out. 

Sorry if i sound too much of an a-hole here but i really was dissapointed from this response. 

(edited)

In other words before creating this thread you had already commited on your opinion and i was just speaking to a deaf guy? What's the point of making an arguement about it and making the "What if?" scenario? You should just state your opinion like that... and we wouldn't waste two pages figuring it out.

Sorry if i sound too much of an a-hole here but i really was dissapointed from this response.

No worries. This thread is for everyone to voice their opinion on the scenario and I am not looking to debate everyone.

Some people will say the ponies will survive while others will give their reasons why they would be vaporized.

Despite my opinion being made it has nothing to do with changing other people decisions.

In fact I love reading them and I like seeing what others will think.

And that's why I said to each their own as its clear you think the ponies will survive in this scenario. Its all about being part of the conversation and participating in this thread which makes it that much more interesting.

So others who post can debate amongst each other and post their reasons. You gave your explanation and that's what this thread is all about. I am not looking to change minds but rather hear what everyone has to say from now on.

Edited by GXPBlast

in the event of so many nuclear weapons being detonated with warheads in the megaton range, it would pretty much kill everypony within miles and slowly kill many more from radiation poisoning

• Brohoof 1

They have faced though the wedigos which are continent destroyers

Not in the least. Continent busting does not mean taking a long time to slowly starve everyone out.

Then you're fucked... royally

Until they get sick from radiation. Mind you, Discord, someone much more powerful than the princesses, was able to get sick just like anyone else, radiation should work just fine

And as for shields, bugs that can be knocked out by tripping one someone were capable of bashing one to pieces with minor problems