Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is killing a spider a sin?

Sugar Pea

I hate spiders, so I would definitely be willing to kill one.

I don't think it's immoral to kill a spider, and it wouldn't necessarily have any impact on anything as long as you don't kill a large amount of spiders.

It’s easy to just react and start swinging a newspaper at a spider if they suddenly appear; that’s just nature. It’s not premeditated, nor is it necessarily done in malice. But as a rule, I think it’s best to live and let live. Everything that lives wants to continue doings so. And while an insect’s life may not seem like anything to us, it means a lot to them. And comparing a simple life form to the complex lives of humans isn’t really a fair judgment. The value of life is the same to whatever creature possesses it. I’m not going to lie; I’ve soiled the rolled up sports page with my fair share of spiders, and I don’t like them one bit. But I don’t go out of my way to go spider hunting either. There’s room for common sense; don’t go out of your way to kill a spider, but don’t go off the deep end if it happens either; that’s scrupulosity (and that IS bad).   

• Brohoof 1

Asians put it on a whole other level.

Since we love money and not wasting anything..... We gamble on spider fights.... This way their death has purpose ... For our entertainment.:muffins:

Edited by Kujamih

On 2014-05-08 at 5:49 AM, Sugar Pea said:

I kinda wondered this, considering most of us are afraid of these eight legged creatures. We could put them outside....but coming from somebody who attempted to harm a spider not too long ago. >.< I mean, it could've been poisonous for all I know. I feel bad about killing it, I always tell a spider "I'm sorry" before squashing it. u-u 
Yes, I feel remorse for a freaky spider...

Is killing a spider basically murder, since we are taking it's life? Or is it necessary to ease our discomfort and possible safety?

When I kill an insect I always feel very bad and ask for pardon because no matter how small they are they are still living being with emotions like us...

I'm sorry for killing spiders! I'm just so terrified by them! :(

I've found spiders to be more scared than I am as they like to go into hiding when they think there's danger. They take care of nastier or more annoying pests inside the home and don't really attack humans and household pets (usually only if they feel very threatened). :fluttershy:

The really really venomous ones though are the scariest to encounter.

And there are really worse out there, like termites, wasps, roaches, WASPS, bed bugs, WAAASPS.... :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, trotshuffle said:

I've found spiders to be more scared than I am as they like to go into hiding when they think there's danger. They take care of nastier or more annoying pests inside the home and don't really attack humans and household pets (usually only if they feel very threatened). :fluttershy:

The really really venomous ones though are the scariest to encounter.

And there are really worse out there, like termites, wasps, roaches, WASPS, bed bugs, WAAASPS.... :okiedokieloki:

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention! Can you repeat? I think you said that you like wasps! :devious:

8 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention! Can you repeat? I think you said that you like wasps! :devious:

:sealed: No comment!

3 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Sorry! I didn't mean to be mean! I just wanted to make you laugh a bit... Do you want an hug, @trotshuffle:rarity:

It's okay you werent being mean! :squee:

Sure, come here! :hug_day:

no wasps allowed in this hug, those angry little things! Bees are friendlier anyways (except for one kind....)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes. It is. Today @Hugs SilkALotliterally saved one from death and I legit thought this thread was made by him ROFL!!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

Each time you kill a spider another one will crawl into your mouth at night.

EXACTLY. This is the toll and revenge for such a sinful act!

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Planeswalker Silky said:

Yes. It is. Today @Hugs SilkALotliterally saved one from death and I legit thought this thread was made by him ROFL!!!!!!!

Agreed. Save the spiders!

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

I always assure any spiders in my home a safe trip outside. Any time I think of squashing one, I always think "Hm, how many insects could this creature have killed in my stead?"

Perhaps not an upstanding reason, but nonetheless a very justified one. post-25189-0-34198200-1406310453.png

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Planeswalker Silky said:

....I was so sure the poor little thing drowned... I am so glad I saved it ;-; 

I say it as a person, who does have arachnophobia... or had? At this point after today's stunt I don't even know anymore. Killing spiders is nonsensical activity. Even if they're indoors, making a mess with spiderweb... just let them out. 

Normally I just catch them inside a container and then get them outside. Today due to circumstances I had to handle one... and you know what? It just feels good. He can live another day, I removed him from where he'd not survive in anyway, everyone is happy.

Don't kill poor spiders, people :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3