Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

have you ever stared off into space(zone out) and let your mind wonder?

Crimson Loyalty Dash

have you ever caught yourself stating into space? I have. when I stare into space, I usually don't think about anything in particular, but at the same time I do but I don't realize it until I truly think about it. like the other day my friends where talking about black rock shooter or bleach and I started to think about some of my favorite songs. none that are too outlandish like leek spin or anything like that, mostly just dub step songs like flight by tristam and braken, or  beyond her tomb remixed by TLS. but as I started thinking of these songs I started to remember flight's rhythm of beat, whatever you want to call it and I started to hear rainbow factory by WoodenToaster. I love the song but when I think about the rhythm I start to just loose myself in the song. when this happens I tune out everything around me an only focus on the rhythm of rainbow factory, if someone needs to get my attention they literally need to shake me out of this trance-like state. this has only happened about 3 times so far, but I was curious if anyone else gets so absorbed in the song that they kind of tune out reality. or am I the only one? 

• Brohoof 1

I have once! It was weird. It was when I was younger at a basket ball game I was playing for fun. I decided to take a break from playing. While I was just laying there, thinking about nothing, everything started turning black like at a pixel at a time. Of course, It got my attention and I quickly snapped out of it.

• Brohoof 1

I am guilty of this. Everyday on the bus to and from school I completely zone out and stare out the window with my head phones in. Sometimes I can be in class listening to the teacher, somewhere in there I blank and I realize I wasted ten minutes without realizing! :lol: You are definitely not alone.

(edited)

I do it all the time! I have ADHD though.. .-. So that's normal for me... but yeah, it's weird. I normally think "How long was I out?" because I go wayyyyy off somewhere in my head. Most of the time, I can't even remember what I was thinking about. Sometimes I find I play games better when I'm spaced out xD Not sure why. Maybe I'm just that good.

Edited by Pepin
  • Brohoof 1

@@Crimson Loyalty Dash,

I've done that before. Often times, while I'm at school, a teacher will start to give a lecture. After what I think is a minute or two, I realize I have no idea what the teacher is talking about, and I'll snap back into reality.

I've had hallucinations while like this, though. One time, for some reason, I thought that we were doing an assignment where we got transported into an alternate reality that was really minecraft. What's odd, though, is that I can FEEL these hallucinations happening. Like I could feel the wood in my hands, the grass on my feet, ect.

I've only had one Pony one, though. I thought that our assignment was to Turn into Pegasus and fly up to the sky and control the weather, and that Twilight was my teacher, with RD as an assistant teacher. I snapped back into reality and was disappointed. Turns out I had been in Science and we had been talking about the Stratosphere. I had been knocked out for pretty much the whole class. :fiery: <- that's EXACTLY the look I got from my teacher.

• Brohoof 1

It lets me clear my mind, And I make sure its at night to let the cool breeze brush through and if I see the moon, I think of Luna mainly and I think, I'm not alone out here.

Concept of reality shatters in the process :D

Happens to me all the time. When I was in school, people would often get mad at me for staring at them. I never realized I was staring, I just zoned out while looking in their general direction. I still do it quite a bit.

That's usually when some of my deepest daydreaming occurs. I sometimes zone out so hard, I'm confused when I come back to reality. ^^"

I don't even have to zone out for my mind to wander. My mind almost never stays in one place. lol Even when I'm working, I'm constantly daydreaming... Unless the work is so frustrating I'm thinking about how frustrating it is, instead, and that's how things have been lately. *sigh*

• Hugs 1

I manage to that a lot during school and even while walking home, my entire body just goes into autopilot ^^

Although it gets a bit annoying sometimes when im trying to understand something at school, I try to stop it by thinking to myself "don't fade off, pay attention" and doing that thought involuntarily triggers a string of thoughts that then set me off staring at the wall.

i do it quite often, both intentionally and otherwise. sometimes i even think about space when i stare into it! :D

(of course, i also think about alcohol and drinking when I'm drunk, but that's another story! :P)

I do this on pretty much a daily basis... Usually when I'm around a bunch of people and have to try to be social... It's just so much more satisfying to just... Think to myself in such an instance.