Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Very First Pony Drawing

MJDudeK

I was hosting yesterday at my job so I had a lot of down time to draw her. I've been drawing since I can remember and I have done many Pony Art Pieces but for some reason I've never drawn one until now. I hope you like it. I'm going to color and perfect it today.

post-19103-0-07191600-1399650956_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Thanks I appreciate all the compliments but yeah to be honest I thought it turned out pretty good considering the only referance I had was my own memories of what the Ponies look like.

the body I think is really good but I wish I would have taken more time on the head... looks a bit off

• Brohoof 1

the head... looks a bit off
The mouth is too low, making it look like an overbite. Easily fixed by changing the angle and shifting it slightly. Otherwise, this is a freakin' good first (though if you're an experienced artist...).

Also the curve of the back legs is not a relaxed "default" stance, it shows the pony to be leaning backwards off-balance, which works well, it just doesn't match the body position. For a freehand, no reference, first drawing though, this is actually dang good.

• Brohoof 1

The mouth is too low, making it look like an overbite. Easily fixed by changing the angle and shifting it slightly. Otherwise, this is a freakin' good first (though if you're an experienced artist...).

Also the curve of the back legs is not a relaxed "default" stance, it shows the pony to be leaning backwards off-balance, which works well, it just doesn't match the body position. For a freehand, no reference, first drawing though, this is actually dang good.

I completely agree with Frith; naturally, there are a few changes to be made, but overall 'tis quite a good first! I spent half a year trying to learn to draw them right without very many references and they all looked pretty weird XD! It's taken me two years to finally work out my back leg style; you are a lucky one to have it mostly down so quickly! :D I for one will be following this topic to see what you post next!