Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mens Fashion Discussion

Carbon Maestro

Also, checked/plaid shirts with sleeves rolled up makes you look like a hick. A plain white shirt with sleeves rolled up makes you look like an actual worker. 

Hey there, Wade... thanks for the compliment.  I'll wear my plaid shirts with an even bigger grin on my face now.

---

*cough* Or, maybe you could like, *not* generalize, due to your obvious lack of knowledge in cultural differences.

Because, it's commonplace to wear plaid shirts in the "cool but not too cold" time of year around where I live.

---

Annnyways.  

Hey guys, how y'all doin'?

Actually, truth be told, the biggest factor in fashion... actually IS where you live.

Don't believe me?  Lol, good for you.

---

I wear T-shirts, Jeans, and a ball cap most of the time.  Like dang near the majority of the rest of the guys do in my county.  And, no.  NOT a flat bill.  A proper, curved bill cap.  Albeit, the one's I wear say either Ford or Caterpillar (CAT) on them, but, again: location, location, location (is everything).

---

Not that I have these shirts exactly, but, this is the kind of fashion of part of my wardrobe:

post-27651-0-40538100-1409550927_thumb.jpg

post-27651-0-37859400-1409550925_thumb.jpg

post-27651-0-66956700-1409550924_thumb.jpg

post-27651-0-02046300-1409550929_thumb.png

post-27651-0-25104300-1409550932_thumb.png

post-27651-0-49010000-1409550930_thumb.png

Yah, I actually only have a few Fox T-shirts, but I'd love to have any or all of those I just showed you.  Though, I do have a few Fox zippered hoodies as well.  

I wear jeans most of the time.  When I wear shorts, I'm probably just lounging around, not going out anywhere.  My favorite brands are Arizona and Levi.  (I can't stand Wranglers, they just ain't comfortable for me, idk why).  

Most of the time, in the winter, the jacket I wear to go outside if it's really cold  is an American Eagle field jacket:

post-27651-0-72028200-1409551999_thumb.jpg

post-27651-0-74421400-1409552000_thumb.jpg

Sorry, just took those with my crappy phone's camera.

If it's like really cold and snowy, possibly blizzard conditions, I'll wear my super thick, dark green Carhartt jacket.

For shoes?  Lol.  Usually either a pair of half casual/half formal brown shoes (non-pointed toe, I have kind of wide feet), or a bland pair of tennis shoes (grey, white, black... sometimes, but rarely will they have some color to them).  Or, I'll wear a pair of ankle-high boots.  Brown.  

---

Eeyup, that's me.  

post-27651-0-12999200-1409552632_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

PICTURES!!!

Just wanted to say that this thread is VERY helpful and I might use this topic as advice, and I encourage people to post as many pictures as possible to go with the discussion. :)

That being said... In real life, I do put some effort into my fashion. I want to look better than your average person. Here in the hot state of Texas, it's easy for people to just throw on some very basic stuff and call it a day. I enjoy wearing stuff with personality, and I like wearing suits more often too. And I do it up all the way. Ties, vests, dress shoes, french cuffs, etc. Even my casual wear has more thought put into it.

The only thing is, I can't always wear fitted clothes. It's been a while since I've hit the gym really hard, and I have a slight case of the chubs. That's going to change some day, I swear! But until then, I like to wear clothes that give me a little breathing room while still making me look slim. You know, something that hides my problem areas without drowning me in something too big. I like finding that right balance. ;)

Right now, if I were to give advice, I'd say...

Don't wear 1 solid color, please. By that, I mean, make sure your shirt is NOT the same color as your pants/shorts. If you're wearing blue jeans, don't wear a blue shirt. If you're wearing white slacks, don't wear a white shirt. Etc, etc... There might be some exceptions, but don't risk it. Even if your shirt is a different shade or has stripes of other colors or whatever, don't risk it. The only time dressing like this is okay is when you're at a funeral, when you're SUPPOSE to wear black on black. There might also be other situations out of your control, like company uniform rules, etc. Otherwise, break it up a little.

That being said, remember to pair up pieces with colors that match and compliment, not colors that clash or compete against each other. I know people and things have done this, but try not match blue and red, or red and green, etc. Even if they are muted colors, just don't. The best thing to do, if you can't judge which colors go together, match a color with a neutral color and you should be fine. Neutrals include black, white, grey, beige/tan, and sometimes brown.

I don't know much about fashion but I do feel like men should have more options when it comes to dressing up. I like this thread, it's not every day male fashion is praised. At least, not that I've seen. 

I don't know much about fashion but I do feel like men should have more options when it comes to dressing up. I like this thread, it's not every day male fashion is praised. At least, not that I've seen. 

I do know that Women get really cool dresses, tops and skirts to play with in making a look.

I try to make stuff but I tend to try to make colors work. I may not know what is "Good" but I do know that I tend to like brown coats with Denim jeans.

post-28932-0-27288400-1409588647_thumb.jpg

and for accessories I tend to like watches Fossil is a brand that I tend to purchase.

post-28932-0-42521600-1409588758_thumb.jpg

I like the Smoke/Gunmetal color it works with business casual and sharp casual.

but if I'm wearing a black or grey suit nothing beats a gold watch.

post-28932-0-18086900-1409588917_thumb.jpg

I really like discussing this. I'm starting to lean more towards Rarity as my new Best Pony

post-28932-0-28975400-1409589877_thumb.png

post-28932-0-27288400-1409588647_thumb.jpg

post-28932-0-42521600-1409588758_thumb.jpg

post-28932-0-18086900-1409588917_thumb.jpg

post-28932-0-28975400-1409589877_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Maybe this is just an American thing, but...

Anyone ever notice how the woman's section of a clothing store is usually triple the size of a men's clothing section? To me, that just isn't right... I know sometimes they have kids clothes pretty close to the women's section, but even those sections can be pretty small by comparison, so they don't add that much in terms of size.

Edited by Samurai Equine

Anyone ever notice how the woman's section of a clothing store is usually triple the size of a men's clothing section? To me, that just isn't right... I know sometimes they have kids clothes pretty close to the women's section, but even those sections can be pretty small by comparison, so they don't add that much in terms of size.

I have no idea but anymore I see just the same stuff all the time I wish Men could wear more fun colorful outfits like women can get away with.

• 1 month later...

I have no idea but anymore I see just the same stuff all the time I wish Men could wear more fun colorful outfits like women can get away with.

They can.  I wasted 28 years of my life letting society tell me how to dress, what I could and could not wear.  One day, I said "no more."  I recently finished making an outfit heavily based on this:

Ff13-fang.png

Mine is burgundy instead of blue, and a sleevless shirt based on Cloud's from Advent Children instead of the sport's bra.  I guess my outfit isn't all that "colorful," but it sure as hell breaks the norm.  I've worn it around a few times now, with hugely positive results.  I've gotten compliments from men and women.  Today, a woman said to me, "I love your dress."  It's kind of hard to describe, but it kind of feels like a dream come true, like that's what I've always wanted.  Like Gandhi said--be the change you want to see in the world.

• Brohoof 1

Part of the reason why fall and winter are my favorite seasons is because I'm finally gonna get to wear long sleeve shirts :D

Maybe even a scarf :3

Edited by LatinoChurro

My view on fashion can be summed up in motto picked up from a video game ( I think it was Tales of Symphonia or at least from that series anyway ), "Fashion is not what you wear, but how you wear it". I don't dress lazy ( I feel under dressed in a t-shirt even in 100 degree weather, and I live in Texas; so you get the picture ), as unless it is 100 degrees outside I'm wearing long sleeve buttoned shirts. They are generally red or contain red ( red and black are what I prefer to dress in, as a rule ). I am also known for wearing flannel quite a bit, which is more of my "casual look". I never wear shorts unless, I doing something like mowing in very hot weather. I typically wear jeans that are a relaxed ( but not baggy ) fit. Although I will soon start to wear slacks and phase out jeans hopefully.

In terms of footwear... unless I'm at work, I wear a pair of these all the time: shoes-feiyue-black-3.gif

as they are simple in design, being black go with just about anything, and are quite practical. Also they do demonstrate another thing about how I dress, while I don't like baggy clothes, I don't like skinny fitting stuff or anything that sacrifices mobility ( which I determine by the ability to still punch and kick in an item of clothing ).

That all sounds like I dress like a bum or have no sense of fashion, but I only get positive comments from people, even when I just throw something together last minute. Which, is probably just do to how I project myself in person; thus proving in my experience my adopted motto I mentioned. ;)

Although, if I had more money I would probably would try to dress in a more modern "variation" of sorts, of Rex Harrison's character in the film My Fair Lady, Professor Higgins: 6bf970d511bb46c98410437f09b7d276.jpg

Upon reflection, and as a bit of advice, which elaborates on that fashion motto I picked up, I would say this both to Men and Women; dress in a manner that best reflects your personality. If you have a very warm and welcoming personality, dress in warm colors for example. If you are very practical and matter of fact, dress as so; even when you are wearing something more formal, you can dress in a practical manner. If your a bit more showy and so forth then have at it.

I say that not so much to promote being vain, by over concern with appearance in any way, either for comfort or for simply standing out. But simply, that if one dresses in a way that fits one's personality, you naturally should feel more comfortable and secure in your own wardrobe, which truly makes even something as simple as a t-shirt a mode of self-expression. Because then you are in fact, stating a great deal about yourself very sincerely, which both makes you and others typically ( there are always jerks out there, but I speak in general terms ) respond positively on an unconscious level.

Edited by Virgil

I usually wear expensive clothing like Daniel Cremieux, Thomas Dean, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger, David Button Buffalo, and Italia. My style consists of a Daniel Cremieux leather signature jacket, button up polo long-sleeve of many choices, jeans or military style (combat or flight) for pants, and leather Old Gringo cowboy western boots. 

My wardrobe is probably 2-3,000 dollars of clothing. It certainly is unique, comfortable, and no one usually wears clothes like mine around here. :)

I love Ralph Lauren polo's, so I usually have some around.

img-3195453-1-Screen-Shot-2014-02-03-at-

Best clothing a man could wear, although expensive. :)

i wear blue jeans, polo shirts/band T shirts, and a vest similar to one of the greatest TV villains of all time :P

tumblr_me61hhSRD11rsad9wo3_500.jpg

Edited by VoxPolice
  • Brohoof 1

@@Dewdlz,

True that, bruh. 

Ralph Lauren, Jack & Jones, Superdry, Carhartt AND Giorgio Armani!  :squee:

Edited by Guest

@,

Standing out in a crowd is what da mastah is good at. Man, I love "black" clothes, lol  :smug:

75206.jpg  

75226.jpg

Edited by Guest

@,

Standing out in a crowd is what da mastah is good at. Man, I love "black" clothes, lol  :smug:

75206.jpg  

75226.jpg

Lol yea, I have a strange obsession with wearing shorts, so it sucks now that winter is coming. But I love the black track pants with the white stripes on too  :squee:

@,

I just love any clothes from Footlocker, really. Mostly NBA stuff, tho.  :wub:

Edited by Guest

Do you play basketball? :) s

Hell yeah man, I play basketball. On occasions, though.  :catface:

I've never been one for sports (except weightlifting) but I kinda like basketball, makes me feel good for being such a tall sunovabish  :squee:

How tall are you? Like, Michael Jordan tall? lol  :wacko:

@

You're not that far behind then.. :P

I'm 6'2. 

Edited by Guest