Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mens Fashion Discussion

Carbon Maestro

@,

I suppose they tell us to take this conversation to a PM sooner or later, lol :lol:  

YES! Because I'm bothered by the amount of men who don't FIT THEIR CLOTHES!!!! Here's a good example of what it looks like when your clothes don't fit vs clothes that do.

img-2616298-1-tombolini.jpg

If getting a suit, go to a tailor, and custom-fit that thing. It's totally worth it for those formal occasions.

There are exceptions. Sometimes a suit just a touch ill fitted is the perfect look. David Tennant's Doctor always wore his clothes just a little too tight. He looked HOT!

Doctor_who_blue_and_brown_suit_91116_zoo

@,

Standing out in a crowd is what da mastah is good at. Man, I love "black" clothes, lol  :smug:

img-3198487-1-75206.jpg  

I don't know about clothes made out of that kind of material, nor do I care about sports, but I LOVE red camouflage! :D

I own an awesome khaki safari-style jacket with bits of red and red camouflage to make it extra stylish, and I look awesome in that jacket in the colder seasons. B)

104470.jpg

L0GOY.jpg

And yes, I also own the cell phone pouch that can be attached to the sleeve, but I don't use it too often. I usually just wear the jacket.

Props to anyone who knows where the jacket is from.

Edited by Samurai Equine

Jack & Jones is actually pretty damn cheap here, right from their official store. They sell some quality stuff.  :wacko:

I usually go the urban route when it comes to clothes. Amazed at how fine clothes now are considered urban.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I usually go the urban route when it comes to clothes. Amazed at how fine clothes now are considered urban.

That includes Wood Wood! Seriously, I wish America had some Wood Wood stores. xD

Clean shirt, new shoes

And I don't know where I am goin' to.

Silk suit, black tie,

I don't need a reason why.

But in all seriousness, I love fashion.

And dressing in bright clothing.

And dressing like a Victorian gentleman.

And feminine things,

because I'm a rule breaker.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear whatever is comfortable for me.

Usually just a T-shirt, and some shorts, or pants.

For different occasions, I'll change up my style.

But other than that.. I'd rather just stay comfortable, other than worrying about my style.

I've switched over to camouflaged clothing. The military personnel on duty tend to give me weird stares when I walk by our local base. lol  :lol:

Edited by Guest

Despite having a female body, I highly prefer men's clothing. The sizes make sense and the shapes aren't weird. I always have a much easier time finding stuff that fits in men's sizes than in women's. Who the hell wants to figure out what size pant they wear for an hour when you already know how many inches/cm your waist is?

As for fitted clothing, I like it in theory, not so much on me. Several reasons. First, I'm a little overweight, which makes finding clothes that cover that difficult. Second, I'm embarrassed by my shape. I'd really, really rather hide it. Even if I were slimmer (and even when I was slimmer) I never wanted to show my shape. Is there a way to have fitted clothes and hide your shape?

I think this may have gotten to be weirdly off-topic. ._.

• Brohoof 2

Is there a way to have fitted clothes and hide your shape?

It's kinda impossible to have fit/slim clothes and still hide your shape. :wacko:  

I usually do not try real hard to look good. I normally wear t-shirts and pants of any kind.

That said, I do like wearing polos and v-neck t-shirts (not real deep like in the OP). And for formal situations, I like gray or black suits with a bright-colored shirt underneath to offset the jacket and pants.

Like this:

tumblr_mdjkyoEYRJ1rvp6i6.jpg

You know what I like? Pockets. You guys have pockets on just about everything. Your shirts and your jeans. And your jeans have pockets that are HUGE. Us ladies have either fake pockets or really tiny pockets. It sucks. :(

Yeah, I like having a lot pockets since I can carry so much. :)

I don't really think that much about fashion, I'm typically more concerned with whether or not I think it's comfortable.  That ends up being jeans and a loose-fitting t-shirt (darker, non-flashy colors is a must), with a hoodie added if it's cold.  In a business casual environment I upgrade to a polo shirt and khaki dress pants and a belt.  For formal wear, it's obviously a suit and tie.  As a side note, I find it pretty amusing how many of my friends don't know how to tie a tie.  Maybe it's just because I went to a high school where the tie was required as a part of the uniform, so I had four years of daily practice, but it's still funny.  During a wedding that I a part of a few months ago, I actually had to end up tying the ties of all of the groomsmen, as well as fixing the groom's tie because it looked silly.  :P  It's a surprisingly important skill that all guys should master, even if it's only to look good at job interviews.

• Brohoof 1

All men, at one point in their lives, need to try on and master a classy suit.

BTW: Only put on a fedora/hat, whilst in said suit, if you look like Johnny Depp or Ryan Gosling.  -_-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Buying shirts is a pain when you need a 20" neck and 38" long sleeves. Omb top of that, my shoulders and traps are rather large. What fits across the top, is a parachute below the chest.

So not into having my entire wardrobe tailored. So I only keep two jackets, black and charcoal. Matching slacks and shoes, etc. Shirts all run dark red, blue, or black.

Most of the time I stick to white T's of the V-neck variety, jeans, and dark brown boots that Ive had forever. Not big on hats outside of driving style caps. Take after my grandfather I suppose, most were actually his back in the day.

Mostly zip-up hoods when its cold. Do have an old double breasted bike jacket. My friends dad had it made back in his BB days, so its actually a pretty good fit. Got a denim jacket off him too.

I do spend a lot of time at the gym, and its a pretty oldschool joint, gym wear is pretty common.

Not tracks though, Zubaz and fanny packs. FTW.