Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mens Fashion Discussion

Carbon Maestro

Every man looks good in a nice suit. I think we all agree, right?  :)

Yes, indeed.

If the suit fits and is sharp, though. Nothing's worse than a loose suit.

• 1 month later...

Trying to dress more Ivy like.

PREP-articleLarge.jpg

Vintage stores, a man's best friend.  :wub:

I tend to wear Black clothing, usually Black skinny jeans (or ripped black skinny jeans), with a black T-shirt and jacket (not a hoodie), I always wear my black bandanna around my neck. I usually pair this with black converse or black boots. But I like that look.

I tend to only really wear fitted items of clothing.

Edited by The Pink One

At this moment in my life it is solid colored t-shirts and bluejeans along with a camo ball cap and leather boots 90% of the time. In cooler weather add a moss green shirt jac on top of that.

I've always been an admirer of the "safari" look and shirt style. Practical and functional.

13494164.jpg   

• Brohoof 1

At this moment in my life it is solid colored t-shirts and bluejeans along with a camo ball cap and leather boots 90% of the time. In cooler weather add a moss green shirt jac on top of that.

I've always been an admirer of the "safari" look and shirt style. Practical and functional.

13494164.jpg   

Man after my own heart! I'm currently into a mix of safari and "mercenary" look right now. Been wearing a lot of olive drab with my jeans and jungle boots. My current favorite shirt to wear over a plain T-shirt is my Rothco fatigue shirt. It's nice and tough without being too warm: 

o4HcgL5.jpg

I've also been getting a lot of use out of my 5-button woolly pully lately because of how cool it's been. 

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

OK, here is my typical wardrobe:

30 degrees and below: A tee shirt with a print of some form, or a V-Neck athletic cut layered under a suit jacket. I purchased my suit jackets at Good wills and thrift stores for about $5 US each. All said jackets are either plaid or houndstooth, aside from a navy blue one that is made of velour. Over this I wear a Bachrach brand overcoat, and either a driving cap or fedora, both of Stetson branding.

30-50 degrees: Flannels, occasionally over a t-shirt but increasingly not, many times paired with a vest. Also will sometimes wear my University's lettermans sweater, usually layered over a buttoned up flannel or paired with a brown vest.

Long pants: Levi's 514 blue denim jeans, Levi's corduroys in either tan or chocolate brown, or Hagar H26 chinos in either Dark Claret Burgundy or Powder Blue.

50 degrees +: T shirts, either plain colored or striped v-necks, or my personal favorite, the classic Van Heusen sport shirt with Hawaiian print.

Shorts: Dungarees in either plaid or plain colored.

Shoes: Levi's brand boots in winter, Arizona brand flip flops in summer, Adidas Businitz sneakers pretty much year round.

Jewelry: Jostens class of 2013 ring, Hot Rod Jeeelry Edsel grill ring, Casio timepiece, and some form of rubber band. I'm constantly sporting sunglasses. Occassionally wear a Denver Nuggets Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co. SnapBack to informal events.

I'm also a nut for anything vintage.

The #1 rule of my wardrobe: Be bold and unafraid of criticism. I conform to no one else's style, only my own.

Santa, pls.

362272c538f7c0d0e5195097989698f4.jpg

These are a pain to find anywhere. The hunt goes on!

I keep things simple. Most times I wear simple jeans and shoes depending on situation (more "sportish" ones for long walks and more elegant ones for meeting with people). I also have lots, lots of shirts as well as some T-shirts (preferably white with random stuff on them). 

I also love my black leather jacket, every time I can wear it without starting to boil I do it. I feel great when wearing it, I just can't help it :derp: 

And of course like every man - I have suit :squee: 

I don't make very big deal of fashion, but I can say that badly chosen clothes can make even most handsome guy look ridiculous so I am not one of "I just wear random stuff" guys. 

I know it's not the best time to post but in my opinion, trenchcoats look absolutely impressive on guys when it's about winter seasons. Many fictional characters in movies and video games look amazingly badass in trenchcoats. And I have a strange passion for leather trenchcoat and felt jacket. 

All and all, it's just a thought on fashion of a stereotypical Asian.

I know it's not the best time to post but in my opinion, trenchcoats look absolutely impressive on guys when it's about winter seasons. Many fictional characters in movies and video games look amazingly badass in trenchcoats. And I have a strange passion for leather trenchcoat and felt jacket. 

All and all, it's just a thought on fashion of a stereotypical Asian.

Burberry cashmere trench coats are the best.  :D

OK, here is my typical wardrobe:

30 degrees and below: A tee shirt with a print of some form, or a V-Neck athletic cut layered under a suit jacket. I purchased my suit jackets at Good wills and thrift stores for about $5 US each. All said jackets are either plaid or houndstooth, aside from a navy blue one that is made of velour. Over this I wear a Bachrach brand overcoat, and either a driving cap or fedora, both of Stetson branding.

30-50 degrees: Flannels, occasionally over a t-shirt but increasingly not, many times paired with a vest. Also will sometimes wear my University's lettermans sweater, usually layered over a buttoned up flannel or paired with a brown vest.

'Atta boy!  Goodwill stores/thrift shops are awesome.  I have gotten many clothes from Goodwill.  I mean, shit, I don't have the money to buy brand new jeans.  I see new jeans selling for 30 bucks on up, and I'm like, smh.  I don't bother with expensive stuff unless I need to.  Goodwill has nice jeans, and luckily they always seem to have a good array of jeans in my size.  Depends on the brands as to which exact size, though.  Some jean brands I can fit a 34 waist, but others I might need a 36 waist.  I like blue, black, faded, almost anything of the usual.  

Alright!  Another flannel fan like me.  Heh, the bad thing about some flannels is that they shrink after a while.  I should look for some new ones come this fall.

---

Everyone here talking about suits and stuff... Lol... I only wear suits to formal events where I'm expected to dress sharp.  And, typically the suits I wear are either hand-me-downs from my dad, or bought from a thrift shop... rarely do I buy new ones.  Of course, once I get out of college and into a career, I likely will buy some nice new ones.  But I don't have a reason for it right now.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

clothing options for men are lacking in my opinion, where are the dresses and skirts, only good looking male version of those is scottish kilt   male shoes look ridiculous imo where are all the pretty shoes what is going on with male fashion  where are all male hairbows and male makeup  male purses   i dont get it

I am big fan of formal wear- I love suits and ties, and when the colors are tastefully arranged. I like to tie my own bow ties (it gives you extra man points). I am also a big fan of hats- especially the 20s fedora. Unfortunately for my body type and budget, I dont exactly end up looking like the guys in the magazines. I still like to really dress up, though the appropriate occasions dont come up for me that often.

Something that i wish would come back: CAPES. I LOVE CAPES. I think it just adds an extra layer of character and dignity. I mean, what if Darth Varder didn't have a cape?

sc4-darth-vader-art.jpg

he wouldn't be quite as awesome.

heck, I love long coats, trench coats, etc. because they remind me of CAPES

97920_51ab1c92f3312_m.jpg

rainbowdash_cute_face_by_doomgrace-d4vta

• 4 months later...

Also always been a fan of mixing vintage, designer and tech clothing. And hanging carabiners from my denim.

Apperance means a lot to me. My casual attire usualy consists of a pair of diesel jeans, levis or polo t-shirt and a pair of airmax sneakers. For a more formal setting i prefer a red, black or blue shirt, along with a pair of jeans and my shoes depend on what i chose, but i usually go with airmax and then a watch to put the outfit together. If i attend something like perhaps a wedding, then i usually go black/white tuxedo with a red/blue shirt and maybe a butterfly, and then i of course wear formal shoes.

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Recently had to buy myself a new suit, a great decision. Always go slim-fit!

And some gloves too because they're cool having with a suit.  :proud:

angliiskiy-mujskoy-kostum.jpg

Edited by Guest