Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mens Fashion Discussion

Carbon Maestro

I think men look great in suits or sport coats. I also miss the hats they used to wear back in the 1920s to 1960s; they were a nice accent. Choice of style is an extension of a man's personality so I'm good with anything really, especially when it's a good fit. I like a relaxed, distressed look like some Faded Glory 'safari' type shirts and pants, and good ol' t-shirt and jeans is a perfectly solid staple. 

Since I'm a lady I don't wear a lot of men's clothing, even though I like some of the button-down shirts (unfortunately they button on the wrong side). I could be happy wearing some men's hats and I actually, on occasion, wear a man's necktie as part of one or two of my outfits. 

On 25/4/2018 at 10:10 PM, Messy Mane said:

Lol I was never a fan of skinny jeans tbh.It was always either Slim or Slim-Straight for me.

Yeah, same here.

I like the room in the thighs, but the more tapered look towards the bottom (not much though, just a tad bit)

As someone who worked selling suits for 5 years, I can say this: ralph lauren is a beautiful suit but not made well if you get it from Macy's. Out of all the complaints I received about 90% were of ralph lauren tearing and wearing out way too easy. 

I can size a man for a suit given a few seconds to eye him. This includes pants sizing.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 3:56 AM, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

As someone who worked selling suits for 5 years, I can say this: ralph lauren is a beautiful suit but not made well if you get it from Macy's. Out of all the complaints I received about 90% were of ralph lauren tearing and wearing out way too easy. 

I can size a man for a suit given a few seconds to eye him. This includes pants sizing.

Yeah, I have heard that most department store suits aren't all that great (Jos. A. Banks, Men's Warehouse etc.)

The best quality one we had was probably Calvin Klein. I had very few complaints about him quality wise.

Also stay the hell away from any Macy's brand. Alfani especially. Unless you only need a cheap suit for like a night. But a suit for the long term? You will be lucky to get 3 months out of Alfani.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I don't really go out anywhere (I work 14-18 hour days depending on when i'm needed.) but when I do I usually wear a V-Neck, Blazer, Dress pants and dress shoes.

I wear cargo pants and any shirt that suits my fancy. With the fact that I carry a firearm all the time fitted clothing is just not an option with the pudge that I have. Once I drop the weight I will have to readjust and see if I can figure out clothing that looks good but does not print. 

i always wear simple t-shirts(all kinds of colors)and jeans(blue or black),and some shorts for when it gets particularly hot,and a thick jacket for winter to wear on top of the t-shirts
i value comfort more than style in general(sorry Rarity please don't shriek)

• The title was changed to Mens Fashion Discussion
  • The topic was pinned

Leather jacket is something I think always looks good in pretty much any situation, you just need to change the clothes you use with them based on situation, and possibly the model of the jacket in some situations. I personally use leather jacket, T-shirt I feel like wearing, and cargo pants.

I wear whatever I feel like wearing, most of the time it doesn't match well or it matches too much (all black for example), but I don't care. As long as I got something expensive on paired with it, I feel alright.

• 3 weeks later...

I think my preferred style is video game inspired.  I like to look at fanart/concept art for various games and get inspiration from them.  I was hoping to learn how to make my own clothing so I can actually wear stuff I like, not just boring jeans and t-shirts, which is what I normally wear.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't worried much about what I'm wearing for a long time. I wear a uniform at work and a thick sweater when I leave the house. I used to enjoy flannel shirts though.

Also work boots. Can't stand short or light-feeling shoes.

But that's just for me. Don't have much of an opinion on other people's fashions.

It's safe to say I am fairly picky with what I choose to wear, it all depends on the event going on within my life.

If I am staying inside for the day I'd choose a set of clothes which is more or less in the casual theme such as a hoodie or not a tight fit shirt as I am not going outside with shorts depending on how cold it is in the house.

If I am going out somewhere regardless of what for I tend to spend a good 10-15 minutes thinking about what to wear so usually I'd wear tight fitted clothing due to the fact I don't want to look messy and just look clean which is just my personal pref, with the shoes again it all depends on the situation so if it's going outside I usually wear black leather shoes that usually match with suits but they work really well depending on the pants you wear them with e.g - black skinny jeans and a buttoned up shirt with dark jacket and watch either just a traditional metal watch or my Android watch if it's ever charged which is rarely because I am pretty forgetful in stuff related to that. 

I basically wear this jacket (didn’t know it was LE) over a snarky “Stand back, I’m going to try science” or Doctor Strange shirt with a pair of jeans. Sometimes I add a hoodie when it’s cold.

Dunno if it’s fashionable (I’ve been told it looks cool), but it’s definitely comfortable.

I can’t say I’ve ever given fashion a whole lot of thought. I’ve always been more academically minded, so it’s either learning physics or “does this color match my blue jeans?” Guess which one wins out.

Edited by Arkadios

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have a random question for people.  Would anyone know where to find a decent selection of sewing patterns for men??  All I'm finding is patterns for scrubs, pjs, some button up shirts and sometimes a light jacket...  The selection for sewing patterns is pretty dismal, I wish they had more.  I understand that sewing is mostly a hobby that is marketed towards women but those women are bound to make some clothing for the men in their lives, right???  I've had more luck finding patterns that I genuinely like in the cosplay section of websites.  I just want some asymmetrical shirts or SOMETHING.  Would be nice if I could have some help finding more patterns. :mlp_please: