Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Soft serve or hand dipped?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Which do you prefer in the Ice cream world?

I really liked hand dipped. Dunno why, but it seems there are more flavors in the hand dipped world of ice cream. Every soft serve place has the "original" chocolate, vanilla, and swirl. Hand dipped always has like...a bunch of creative flavors. 

I could be wrong. I mean, i don't see soft serve with cookie dough chunks or oreo cookies coming out. x3

My favorite ice cream place is all hand dipped and hand made. Its great!!

(edited)

I only like Raspberry Ice Cream (Hand dipped, I believe) I dislike exotic flavours, and Vanilla is too bland. Very boring tastes.. I know. 

Edited by Dovashy

Oh hand dipped for more wins than possible!

Nothing against soft serve, it just seems too "boring" for me, what a reason, right? xD

Plus, I've always felt while both still melt in warm weather, hand dipped stays solid longer due to it being harder than soft serve ice cream.

Agreeing with the OP, hand dipped does seem to have a lot more flavor! ^^

It's just something about scooping the ice scream right in front of you, it's such a fresh feeling. Like peeling and eating a fresh banana. ^^

Little question, hand dipped is when they make it in front of you and sometimes you can add your favorite toppings/ candy like for example at Cold Stone Cremery right? And soft served comes out of a machine?

If that's the case I gotta go with hand dipped on this one. More amazing flavors and last time I checked you can't ask for Reese's pieces/ m&ms etc.etc. mixed in at most soft serve places. So, hand dipped FTW.

Japan has amazing soft serve flavours. Matcha, Grape, Black or Red Bean, Orange Sherbert, Mandarine, Bubblegum, the list goes on. I traveled there in the middle of summer, and soft serve places were all over the place. I ate so much ice cream!

Back home in Australia though, the only soft serve flavours are vanilla and chocolate. So it's definitely hand-scooped ice cream for me. I like unique flavours.

I don't particularly like(Code for hate, despise and loathe with all of my heart)ice cream, though I do love sorbet. That said, I'd have to go with lemon-lime :wub:

I like both. Soft serve is good when I want ice cream but don't have a lot of time to eat it since it can be eaten quickly. Hard ice cream is good too because it has lots of different flavors and is what most expect when they get ice cream.

Most of the time I like soft serve, don't ask why I just do but on the rare occasion I will take hard over soft if I'm in the mood for a little flavor other then vanilla.

• 8 years later...

No soft serve ice cream for me. I'm not paying for that much air.

Also, most of the ice cream shops here have a wide variety of flavours. Including cookies and cream, and some weird ones like kumquats with whiskey and espresso, which they just call "coffee", by the way. So, I thought it was gonna be like a coffee flavored candy. But it turned out to be like bitter espresso, unfortunately.

As much as I love the variety of hand dipped, I’m gonna go with soft serve because you just can’t beat that smooth texture. Some of my best ice cream memories have been soft serve. I favor vanilla or strawberry if available, or the very nice chocolate/vanilla swirl. Toss on some sprinkles and we’re good to go.

Hand dipped (which is a weird name for it, sounds like someone is putting their hand down in the ice cream :ButtercupLaugh:). Lots more flavors to choose from and you can't really do toppings inside of soft serve. Hand dipped is a pain to serve, though, since you can't just pull a lever and have it come out. :nom: