Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Video Game

Dovashy

Best genre for an MLP game?  

93 users have voted

1. 1. What genre would be best for an MLP game?

• First Person Shooter (lol)
    • Open world
    • Puzzle
    • MMORPG
    • Third Person Shooter (lol again)
    • Action/Adventure
    • Platform game
    • Traditional Fighting game
    • Stealth game
    • Survival horror (lol again)
    • Sandbox RPG
    • Other

If a MLP Video game was to ever come out, for PC/Xbox/Playstation (Ignoring problems relating to copyright, etc.) 

What sort of genre would you want the game to be, and with what sort of plot? You can also include other details such as what company you'd would want to make it, etc.. 

It would most likely be a action/adventure game. Focused around some evil guy doing evil things and the mane 6 having to stop them.

RPG!!!!!!

7480.png

Has to be, pick A.J. and you have a strength based build. Rarity or Twilight are magic focused, Dash and Pinkie are rogues, Flutters is a Cleric!

• Brohoof 1

If they want it to sell, they'd probably make it a shooter.

Seeing as it's Hasbro, I could see it being a puzzle game with adventure elements. 

RPG would be too complicated for young kids.

(edited)

If they want it to sell, they'd probably make it a shooter.

Seeing as it's Hasbro, I could see it being a puzzle game with adventure elements.

RPG would be too complicated for young kids.

Do you even praise the sun, bro?

I would see Pinkie more of a reality bending support

Pinkie acrobatic behavior and wall crawling says rogue to me.

Rainbow dash on second thought would be a warrior like A.J.

community_image_1398231423.png

Edited by Cstriker
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A RPG or MMORPG.

We'd be able to choose between earth pony (physical damage, tanky, offensive support), pegasus (fragile, very fast, physical damage, assassin) or unicorn (magic AoE damage, slow, has a mana bar, defensive support)

For example. :)

Edited by Blobulle

I'd release it for the 3DS and give to Wayforward. I'd probably have it be a platformer(even though I'd personally prefer an RPG)

• Brohoof 1

- RPG / MMORPG I think would be work really well with the series, and be awesome. I do find that MMORPG's get a bit money hungry though, with subscriptions and the like, and pay for this special item, etc. Which takes the fun out of it. 

- FPS/Shooter. I wouldn't be sure how the technicalities of that would work, would they run on their hind legs or something? :P 

- Strategy, A game like LoL or DotA would also be quite interesting in my opinion.

- Simulation, similar to Simcity, or Sims. Where you build up your city, or family. 

Am I the only one who'd like a Telltale-style pony game, like The Walking Dead Game or The Wolf Among Us? Of course they'd have to tone it down, A LOT, but I think it'd be cool to choose your lines and carve the story for your own experience.

• 5 weeks later...

I happen to be a teen game developer and am planning on making an mlp game after im done with my current one, but haven't decided what type I should make yet.

Is it Traveller's tales that makes the lego games? I think they would make a fantastic collect them all action adventure. Lego marvel heroes is a favorite game in our house, and i would love to see them tackle a non lego franchise. Think how beautiful, and full of wonder they could make the hub cities of ponyville, cloudsdale, and canterlot. Save the crystal kingdom for the sequel, money in the bank!

If there was to be a My Little Pony game, I'd like to see Bethesda make it like an Elder Scrolls game.  It would be an RPG game where there are lots of customisation options like races, physical appearance and classes.  It would be a free roam game where you can explore Equestria (or much of it), there would be day and night cycles and a year system where holidays are celebrated.  You can talk to everypony, do several main quests and side quests, you can read every book, you can see every interior.  Joinable factions, (perhaps the Wonderbolts?)  You can build and customise your house(s).  Enchant items and make potions.  There would be a large selection of spells and weaponry.  You can buy and sell clothing, armour, food and other treasures with other pony merchants.  It would be cool to have followers, like from the Mane 6 to go on quests.  I bet the mods would be epic.  I don't know what the story would be like but it would be epic.  An awesome RPG.

• Brohoof 1

Some good ideas in here. I would think this IP works best as either:

An JRPG styled game in the same vein as Ni No Kuni or a Point and Click Adventure Game