S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Backlash over this isn't going to be as bad as Twilicorn (If backlash over the Kingdom even exists), or so I heard. That borderlined on destroying the fandom, according to a good friend of mine.

Anyway, I have all the episodes right here at my fingertips :D With that, the fandom around and the fact I'm going to start planning for my fanfic soon (off-season IS fanfic season :D ) there will be no problemo coping with the lack of ponies :D

Quite the opposite.  Actually, Tirek's reveal made the fandom excited.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

At first Twilight Sparkle didn't even want to be a princess and wished to continue living as an ordinary pony. Now she suddenly seeks a new princessly sense of purpose? Where did that come from?

I could actually see Twilight's dilemma here - we have our various talents, and we'd like to put those talents to good use instead of seeing them go to waste. Twilight has had all this new power this season, but she really hasn't gotten the chance to help others with it much so I think that's what she's disappointed about, not necessarily being all into the formalities of being a princess. Basically she's been feeling like a 5th wheel.

Overall very good episode, more detailed review later. I'm a little on the fence about Discord's characterization; I'm not sure why yet. Maybe because there were only two paths for him to take - either be reformed again or he was actually pretending to be evil here. (There was no way the writers would make him stay evil and leave Flutter's heart permanently broken.... :( )

Edited by TruffleShuffle
  • Brohoof 2

This will be my second. But don't worry, it won't be as bad as you think! ^^

Your Brony side may be tested with no ponies, show wise. But 'tis why we have the fandom to keep us happy! Don't forget about Equestria Girls 2 on top of that! ^^

Average pony withdrawal:

Season 1-2:  4 months

Season 2-3 : 7 months

Season 3-4: 9 months

Season 4-5: ???? (2015 so at least 7 months)

My reaction in smilies:   :okiedokielokie:       :eww:          :angry:       :(        :wacko:        :derp:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Allright, ignoring the fact that they were basically hitting us over the head with foreshadowing, Twilight still had to complete her lesson to unlock the chest during this episode and it was a lesson involving Discord and Tirek. All stuff that happened this episode.

Well I suppose if you count fighting Tirek long enough for him to realize they were equally matched, so that he offered to give back her friends for her magic, and her decision resulted in the key, which resulted in the I-Win Button. That she wouldn't have gotten the conflict-solving-power if she hadn't directly fought Tirek.......I guess that's.......okay. Ugg, whatever, I may be able to let it slide for that reason.....maybe.

I don't see Deus Ex Machina's as show ruining by default, they're just dumb resolutions to a conflict.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

Oh, good, I thought I was alone XD Everyone was too focused on screaming that Discord made Flutters cry. 

THIS SCENE was absolutely perfect, I loved that look on Applejack's face, while she hugged Fluttershy and tried to comfort her. This and that moment, when Twilight told Tirek to release Discord were probably my favorite scenes.

Agreed! They were awesome scenes. I'm not usually up for rooting for heartbroken Fluttershy, but it's the fact that she put so much faith in Discord that really made it, when others never stopped having their doubts.

I'm glad to see that he went back to normal though, bummed there was no chocolate rain. xD

Have low expectations to avoid getting too excited. 

But what's the fun in that? I'm already excited for Season 5 and it's a year away! ^^ It's fun being excited, and Hasbro hasn't let me down yet!

did you not see the fight twilight had with the boss? and the fact that the boss was her key challenge? to keep the video game analogy going its more akin to coming to the end boss and fining out you cant beat it unless you just the right item or quick time event. what did you want a dragon ball z like ending? and story telling is very different than then video game endings. on a story the main point is the journey to the destination and how the people or pony's develop and grow.

See my last post

Well I suppose if you count fighting Tirek long enough for him to realize they were equally matched, so that he offered to give back her friends for her magic, and her decision resulted in the key, which resulted in the I-Win Button. That she wouldn't have gotten the conflict-solving-power if she hadn't directly fought Tirek.......I guess that's.......okay. Ugg, whatever, I may be able to let it slide for that reason.....maybe.

I don't see Deus Ex Machina's as show ruining by default, they're just dumb resolutions to a conflict.

I suppose it's okay, then.

Average pony withdrawal:

Season 1-2:  4 months

Season 2-3 : 7 months

Season 3-4: 9 months

Season 4-5: ???? (2015 so at least 7 months)

My reaction in smilies:   :okiedokielokie:       :eww:          :angry:       :(        :wacko:        :derp:

I'm sure it won't be as bad as you're thinking.

By the way, I'm sure everyone's post count will go up significantly from this topic. There's so much to discuss! ^^

But what's the fun in that? I'm already excited for Season 5 and it's a year away! ^^ It's fun being excited, and Hasbro hasn't let me down yet!

Low expectations prevent you from getting disappointed, or at least, it can. You could expect it to be REALLY great and than it's just okay and than you're all like : /

Well now that was an incredible finale. 10/10. Time for my second hiatus. And now, if you will excuse me, I am going to watch nothing but Doctor Who(And patiently wait for netflix to pick up s4, also, fingers crossed for blu-ray releases.)

• Brohoof 2

I'm sure it won't be as bad as you're thinking.

You're right! ^^

According to that scale,the fan content has gone upwards between seasons :3

If season 3-4 wait was the time of fan content,I just can't imagine how many fan art and fanfics will we see^^

By the way, I'm sure everyone's post count will go up significantly from this topic. There's so much to discuss! ^^

Bet with you...

Today I have 1300+ posts...

Tomorroy I'll have 1400+ or more,for so much discussing :P

• Brohoof 1

You're right! ^^

According to that scale,the fan content has gone upwards between seasons :3

That's usually what holds a lot of Bronies down between the seasons! ^^

(edited)

I wonder what would have happened if Tirek didn't betray Discord and take away his magic.
Ironically, I think Tirek would of had a better shot of winning if he kept Discord by his side.
I say "ironically" since Tirek seemed to think that dumping Discord was the better move.

Think about it. Discord would of still had the key Twilight needed to obtain.
Discord would still have been gung-ho about helping Tirek and offer his "chaotic services".
Tirek would have still been able to take Twilight's alicorn magic with the same deal: "friends for alicorn magic".

Tirek would have taken over Equestria. Discord would have let it happen.
Tirek would still have been powerful enough to squash Discord later if he decided to go "all chaos" in a way that brought a threat to Tirek's power.

Tirek is clearly one of the brighter characters on the show, but I think that turning his back on Discord was perhaps the dumbest move he made.

Edited by DukeofCanterlot
  • Brohoof 1

That's usually what holds a lot of Bronies down between the seasons! ^^

And,according to that same rule,this break between seasons will be more filled than ever with fan content

AREN'T YOU EXCITED??? :lol:

I like how Discord is becoming more and more of a main character. He was in both the season 4 premiere and finale as well as "threes a crowd". I think Hasbro has done a really good job developing his character.

Hopefully he wont betray Flutters ever again. :(

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hopefully he wont betray Flutters ever again. :(

I feel that Discord will definitely have to re-earn everypony's trust, especially Fluttershy's.

Edited by Adorkable
  • Brohoof 1

I wonder what would have happened if Tirek didn't betray Discord and take away his magic.

Ironically, I think Tirek would of had a better shot of winning if he kept Discord by his side.

I say "ironically" since Tirek seemed to think that dumping Discord was the better move.

Discord would still have been gung-ho about helping Tirek and offer his "chaotic services".

Tirek would have still been able to take Twilight's alicorn magic with the same deal: "friends for alicorn magic".

Tirek would still have been powerful enough to squash Discord later if he decided to go "all chaos" in a way that brought a threat to Tirek's power.

Tirek is clearly one of the brighter characters on the show, but I think that turning his back on Discord was perhaps the dumbest move he made...

That's what happens when you lack the Magic of Friendship: you dick over your allies :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Welp, onto my (technically speaking) second pony break. (Because I became a brony when Season 3 was nearing its end, so technically speaking, the last one doesn't count.) But for sure, this will be shorter than the last one. I'd expect Season 5 to air somewhere between September - January, a la the Christmas season. Just because they say S5 will air in 2015 doesn't mean it will air on 2015. Season 4 was said to be aired on 2014, but aired on November of last year. I'd guess Season 5 will air on October 11, 2010.

Why? Because that is a day after the fifth anniversary of the show we love. ;)

Edited by GeometryMath Algebra

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, it's very possible, but there's also a possibility that Discord would have sided with the Mane 6 again. He looked away when their magic was drained, he always had those "looking back in regret" moments, where it kind of seems like Discord regretted turning on his friends to begin with. I think if Tirek wouldn't have "dumped" Discord, he would have left on his own.

But hey, that's just what I think. ^^

• Brohoof 1

the real question is what are they going to do with season 5? it seems to me that twilight has yet again completed a story ark. how do you suppose they will handle some of the others getting their dream come true or will they the cmc getting their cutie marks would not cause to may problems,  but rarity's and Rainbow dash's dreams it would seem would take them mostly out of the show. applejack' and pinkie are kind of living their dream as far as I can tell. and what would fluttershy's dream be? something to do with animals no doubt.

The finale was really an enjoyment to watch. Seeing Tirek return and watching what he can really do, is entertaining and showing that Discord really cares about friendship besides his betrayal was a very touching moment.

Loved the fight scene, loved the songs, and it did impress me more than the Season 4 premiere.

• Brohoof 1

Tirek is clearly one of the brighter characters on the show, but I think that turning his back on Discord was perhaps the dumbest move he made.

Consider though, that Tirek was evenly matched with Twilight only after eating Discord's power. They could have both teamed up on her, but she's had a lot of experience dealing with Discord. It also might have given the ponies a chance to reason with him and get him back on their side.

Overall, it probably amounts to the same result.

• Brohoof 1

Quite simply, the best season finale they've ever done on this show. It brought everything in the entire season together so well, I don't know how they'll ever top it.

That's just my preliminary thoughts, for now, until someone makes that official thread anyway... :wacko:

What can I say?

This was the best episode of the entire season. The season 3 finale defined Twilight as a princess, but the season 4 finale defined what type of princess she is. I am looking forward to episodes in season 5 focusing on Twilight's defined role as "The Princess of Friendship." 

I had my doubts, but season 4 is the best one so far.
  • Brohoof 1

Alright, here is the one thing that really bugged me: Princess Celestia's plan to transfer their power to Twilight was an awful, awful plan. It all basically hinged on Tirek not knowing about Twilight. But he was working with Discord who is obviously already aware that Twilight is an alicorn princess.

So it was doomed from the start.

• Brohoof 1