701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

We came SOOO close the the 'Princess of Uranus' joke..  really close  

and loved the Bubble Bobble reference  (just after Discord's Marry Poppins entrance) 

AND the show almost went full 'Smile HD!!!'   that was one heck of a fight.  

bit of a soft dismount and the new tree-castle is a tad lame but a highly enjoyable end to season 4  

now bring on season 5 !!  ;D   (squee)

• Brohoof 1

and loved the Bubble Bobble reference  (just after Discord's Marry Poppins entrance) 

now bring on season 5 !!  ;D   (squee)

I can't believe I didn't freaking catch that! I'm should have my 80's gaming nerd license revoked.

(edited)

I didn't catch it, what was it?

Edited by Blobulle

I didn't catch it, what was it?

Spike getting caught in that bubble and floating off... (The method of travel and capture in that game) the distortions kinda made him look a bit like the green dragon from the game too :)

• Brohoof 2

Okay, I think this episode is really good and all, and I'm glad they gave an actual purpose behind for Twilight being a princess.

but at the risk of sounding nitpicky, you know the whole thing about Twilight deciding to be Princess of Friendship and the whole thing about how she and her friends deciding they're gonna 'spread the magic of friendship to all of Equestria'?

Here's my question, doesn't anyone else here think that's the sort of thing they've already been kinda doing since the start of the show? they've spent most of the show learning lessons about friendship and have interacted with several characters who either learned the lesson along with them, or helped the Mane 6 with learning the lesson in question.

So does anyone else here think that the Mane 6 are actually deciding to do what they've essentially already been doing from the get-go?

MAGICAL GIRL TRANSFORMATIONS. YES.

Oh goodness, I just saw this episode and I loved it! Absolutely fantastic finale, loved the story and it was really heartwarming. I really enjoyed how all of the Mane Six get a throne in Twillight's library/castle; this basically dissipates any fear I had about Alicorn Twilight. Every pony gets a seat and it's shown clearly that Twilight's main strength is her friends. 

The battle was friggin' awesome. And I adored Discord in both episodes; he has a heart, d'aaaaawwwww. The music was great, the chest was opened, and overall I thought it was well put together and enjoyable. No complaints except for one. Why on earth would Celestia think transferring her magic was a good idea? She still got sent to Tartarus with Cadance and Luna; I guess it worked alright, since the Mane Six ended up using the magic for magical girl transformations, but it still didn't make too much sense.

• Brohoof 1

It was a full hour of just AWWWWWWWEEEEEESOOOOOMEEEE

Seriously, that is the best finale so far. Best scene was the badass fight between Twilight and Tirek:

Only sad part is that we'll have to wait till 2015 to see season 5 D:

It was the best Finale imo. I fell in love with the song on the ending and finally Twilight got a castle-thing. The saddest thing was the seeing Tirek stole Derpy's powers but M6 kicked his a** though :-D

Really? I thought they looked horrible, the hair was ridiculously huge, and the colors just didn't look good.

I think that was the what they where pointing out they all looked really stupid with the ginormous hair.

This episode is my new favorite. I've watched it 4 times and it's the best one so far (imo). The songs, the action and the villain were all done very very well. I tip my hat to Hasbro for this episode. 

I think the one thing that I really found interesting about this (and a point that I think pretty much everyone is overlooking) is the fact that Twilight, with ALL of the combined powers of the other Princesses, could only match Tirek's overall power once he was at 100 percent.  This confirms without question that there can be villains capable of defeating Celestia in a one-on-one fight.

I absolutely loved this episode, it had a major impact on how I look at MLP as a whole.

I watched it again for the second time last night, and I have to say it's currently competing in my mind for best episode, along with Magical Mystery Cure.

However, the song "You'll Play Your Heart" is also competing for favorite song, along with "Helping Twilight Win the Crown", again I'll say this episode was amazing! ^^

• Brohoof 1

Alright...  Leaving aside all the AWESOME FINALE stuff, there's something from the beginning that's piqued my curiosity.  So apparently the leaders of Equestria and Mare-itaunia(sp?) had some sort of TOP-SECRET meeting that they want to keep under wraps?

That HAS to be hinting at something in future seasons.  Begin wild fan speculation!

Alright...  Leaving aside all the AWESOME FINALE stuff, there's something from the beginning that's piqued my curiosity.  So apparently the leaders of Equestria and Mare-itaunia(sp?) had some sort of TOP-SECRET meeting that they want to keep under wraps?

You think so? I thought it was some kind of joke, as in they arrive, are greeted, then leave. ^^"

I can't even begin to describe my reaction to this set of episodes. They went way beyond my expectations. If any MLP episodes should be considered 10/10, it should be these. This definitely served its purpose as a finale. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I really liked it, but there are a few things that really bugged me:

1. So Celestia was banking on the fact that Tirek wouldn't know about a 4th alicorn princess. First of all, while it's understandable he would know about Celestia and Luna, wouldn't he be just as clueless about Cadance?

2. Did Celestia really not think to remove that huge stain glass window of Twilight?

3. How about Discord? Celestia would have certainly been aware Discord could have told Tirek about Twilight.

Otherwise I loved it!

Edited by Azureth
  • Brohoof 2

I personally feel that between the two episodes that make up the season finale, the episodes were better in plot content then other episodes from the season.

You think so? I thought it was some kind of joke, as in they arrive, are greeted, then leave. ^^"

It seemed to me like there was an implied timeskip there.  And then the ambassadors being all "Thanks for understanding our desire to keep this all secret."  To me, it just seems weird that they would throw that out there if it didn't mean anything.

• Brohoof 1