S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Now, if you look at Twilight's cutie mark, it is surrounded by 5 stars. I propose they represent the other ponies. Too obvious, but really cool if true.

Yeah, that's actually true. ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

HOLY FREAKING DERPY LUNA MOON!!

WAS THAT A SEASON FINALE, OR WAS THAT A SEASON FINALE?!?! My derping gosh, that was so amazingly epic!! I fiercely love that battle scene....oh my gosh that was so crazy awesome!! And that You'll Play Your Part song...the animation at the beginning with Twilight singing "all the lessons that I have learned" was exploring some really cool angles. (Cadance is best MLP singer FTW ^U^)

Anyway, best two-parter, best show song (the abovementioned!), best scene in all the show. Freaking loved it!!

Although, I am slightly nervous about what the next seasons will bring. :blink:  ^_^  :derp:

Hasbro, this is the movie that we wanted!

YES.

Edited by yayayayayala

(edited)

BEST EPISODE EVER!

Twilight went full on SUPER SAIYAN MAN!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!

Best combat sequence in the show EVER! 

THIS! The Combat is what this show is missing more of. I mean at least sprinkle stuff like this EPICALLY AMAZING in for every few episodes and the show would be perfect. 

Edited by Ramsey the Goat

Hasbro, this is the movie that we wanted!

I'll admit, the idea never occurred to me that this could have been the first pony movie. Wouldn't that have been amazing? ^^

• Brohoof 2

Overall, this was a decent finale. The episodes felt appropriately epic, the action was entertaining, the episodes acknowledged some of the concerns from the previous two seasons, and the episode did manage to have a few things that I didn't quite expect. Still, some of those concerns didn't seem satisfactorily addressed, and the episodes still had their fair share of questions and things which didn't really make sense. I'll write about some of the things I noticed in these two episodes in rough order of appearance.

Some good concerns are brought up at the beginning of these episodes about Twilight's role as a princess. Spike makes a good point that Twilight's smiling and waving routine doesn't seem particularly worth the time, effort, and (possibly) money to go all the way to the Crystal Empire. (Not to mention the rest of the Mane Six and Spike going all the way there - I guess that, once, again, we're to assume that none of them had any other obligations or better things to do.) And of course, Twilight brings up questions that I'm sure a lot of viewers had since the end of Season 3. What exactly are Twilight's day-to-day duties as a princess? Why was Twilight made a princess if she doesn't seem to have any appropriately important obligations or issues for which to take responsibility? Why was a fourth princess necessary? Was Twilight only made a princess because she had "checked all the boxes" and met the requirements to be one? While it does seem like a little bit of plot convenience that Twilight is just now bringing this topic up, I suppose that her recent and especially dull and pointless duties as princess might have brought the issue to the forefront.

Unfortunately, I don't think Twilight's questions and concerns are ever satisfactorily answered. Applejack calls Twilight's concerns silly and says that Twilight has "a real important role in Equestria", but Applejack never says what that role is, and I'm not even sure what she has in mind when saying this. The other three princesses supposedly respond to Twilight in the song, but in fact, their lyrics seem to dodge answering Twilight's actual concerns, and often don't make sense or just seem irrelevant to the whole issue at hand. The lyrics the other princesses sing give the appearance of being deep and meaningful, but come across to me more like generic flowery language and platitudes that aren't very helpful.

There is a bit of world-building as we observe Tirek's actions. As Tirek takes ponies' magic away, their cutie marks disappear, also. (Similarly, when the other princesses give Twilight their alicorn magic, their cutie marks disappear as well.) So there apparently is some connection between the magic that ponies possess and their cutie marks. Also, we get some acknowledgement in these episodes that pegasus flight and earth pony strength are derived from magic that they inherently possess - so unicorns aren't the only ponies who possess magic, just perhaps the ones whose use of magic is most prominent.

Then we have Discord. I wasn't really surprised that Discord chooses to abandon his "friendship" with the Mane Six and betray his pony "friends". In fact, when Discord first confronts Tirek and says that he's doing this for his friends (and mostly for Fluttershy), he sounds lame, and I found it hard to take him seriously. (Obviously Tirek didn't take Discord's reasons too seriously, either.) I never really found Discord's "transformation" convincing, and I never got the impression that the "friendship" between Discord and the Mane Six (other than Fluttershy) was really genuine. And my feelings seem to be confirmed by subsequent interactions between Discord and the rest of the Mane Six. In episodes like Princess Twilight Sparkle and Three's A Crowd, and even in these finale episodes, Discord's actions seem mostly to consist of tweaking and poking fun at the Mane Six, while for their part, the Mane Six (minus Fluttershy) all react the same way when Discord's around - annoyed, suspicious, and as though they can't wait for him to leave. So, really, there doesn't seem to be much of a friendship dynamic going on between Discord and the rest of the Mane Six. All of this is why I was baffled by Twilight's astonished outburst of "How could he do this?! I thought our friendship meant something to him! I thought he had changed.". Their friendship apparently didn't mean much to Twilight, and it sure didn't look like it meant much to Discord, either, so I'm not sure where Twilight's astonishment is coming from.

Some of Celestia's and Luna's statements about the horrors of what Tirek is doing seem rather funny from our human standpoint. Celestia says that without pegasi to control the weather, there will be no rain in Equestria. So what, is there zero natural weather in Equestria whatsoever? Must it all be manufactured and controlled by pegasi? Or is it more that pegasi making and controlling the weather is just a convenience? If so, then I would think life would go on without pegasus weather control - after all, we humans manage to get along despite our lack of ability (for now) to control the weather. Also, Luna says that when Tirek steals the ponies' magic, ponies will no longer be in control of their world. This is meant to be horrifying, but really, it seems like it just means that they would be living like we humans do. We can't use magic to control our world, but of course, we can use intelligence and cooperation to create inventions and harness natural resources to achieve our goals and desires. 

Celestia's plan to transfer the princesses' alicorn magic to Twilight doesn't seem very well thought-out. What does Celestia expect to happen after Tirek comes and finds out that they don't have their alicorn magic any more? Hiding their magic away from Tirek might be a funny trick to play on him, but how does Celestia think Tirek will ultimately be defeated? Is Twilght implicitly left to figure out how to do so? And of course, while Tirek may not be aware of Princess Twilight, Discord obviously is. The funny thing is that after Tirek points out to the princesses that their plan of hiding their magic is not very good, Celestia determinedly tells Tirek he will not prevail. What basis does Celestia have on which to say this? Is it just faith that Twilight will somehow figure it all out?

Twilight is told to keep her new power a secret, and not long after, goes flying super fast while screaming her head off. Needless to say, this is not exactly keeping her new powers a secret.

The bars on Discord's cage for Spike and the rest of the Mane Six (minus Twilight) certainly look to have gaps large enough for Spike and the rest of the Mane Six to be able to get out. I suppose some kind of magic might prevent that, but if that's the case, then why even have the bars in the first place?

I must admit, I wasn't quite expecting Tirek to take Discord's magic from him and toss him aside. Prior to that point, Discord's reactions and his dialogue with Tirek seemed to be setting something up about residual sympathy for his pony friends and/or resentment of not being a more equal partner with Tirek and not being given credit for his contributions.

After Tirek and Twilight fight to an impasse, Tirek offers Twilight a trade - the release of her friends for all the alicorn magic in Equestria. He then asks Twilight "What's it going to be?". What would happen if Twilight says no? I guess we're meant to assume that her friends would be imprisoned in Tartarus forever or killed or something like that, but Tirek never states this.

Tirek asks Twilight if she still calls Discord a friend even after his betrayal, and interestingly, Twilight never really answers the question - she just demands his release. It's also interesting that Twilight does this even though she never saw Discord be betrayed by Tirek and have his magic stripped. The only thing Twilight has to go on is Discord's brief dialogue to Fluttershy that she taught him that friendship is magic, and that he used to have both friendship and magic but now has neither.

After the defeat of Tirek, the Tree of Harmony takes the chest and buries it in the ground near Ponyville, producing a crystal palace for Twilight. How, and why, does this happen? Does the Tree of Harmony know that Twilight could use a palace to signify her princess status and replace the destroyed library?

Finally, Celestia asks Twilight if she now knows what she's meant to do as a princess, and Twilight responds that she has the power to spread the magic of friendship across Equestria. But what does that mean? What are Twilight's day-to-day duties as princess of friendship? I still think we don't know, and it sure doesn't seem like Twilight's concerns from the beginning of the episodes have been addressed. Sure, Twilight was given a very important one-time job of holding on to the other princesses' magic, and she defeated Tirek, but now everything seems more or less returned to the status quo, although with a crystal palace instead of a library. Will we see what day-to-day duties and responsibilities Twilight has as princess of friendship in the next season? Maybe, although to be honest, I'm not expecting much in that regard.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
As my final thought, I think that the main problem with the episodes was that it was a 2-part season finale.  Why is this a problem?  Because I honestly think that this should have been a full-length movie instead.  I fully believe that all of the problems that I mentioned could have been solved if they had been given more time, and they could have made the really good parts even better.  Think of what they could have done with Tirek if they were given an extra 45 minutes!  Or the fear spreading over the population of Equestria as their magic energy was being stolen!  I have no deep hatred for Equestria Girls (it actually turned out to be much better than I expected), but Hasbro, this is the movie that we wanted!

Or a 3-part episode. ;) It can work too.

20 additional minutes is a maximum in my opinion, it would have allowed them to prolong the fight, to take more time to show the consequences of the destruction of the library, and to make an ending less rushed... I think that fills 20 minutes.

A movie means 45 extra minutes, I'm not sure they would have been able to fill that.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Man with a finale so good I can't imagine how they'll pull off Season 5's opener. It's a doozy to meet expectations like that. :)

(edited)

I just started the finale but: OMGALLPRINCESSESSINGINGTOGETHER

It really helps that they all have amazing singing actors behind them. :wub:

---

Now that I've finished it: Whoa. Now that's a season finale. Quite honestly they could have ended the entire series on that note if they truly wanted to but I know season 5 has been confirmed.

Tirek was definitely the most dangerous villain they had to deal with power-wise. Backed by Discord he was a truly formidable foe.

One of the main reasons I liked these episodes though? Fighting. For once they actually had a no-holds-barred, knock down, drag 'em out brawl instead of just finishing things with the spirit ball elements of harmony.

Legit, best season finale so far.

I also decree that season 4 is my favorite season of the series so far. There wasn't a single episode I wasn't excited about watching.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

Y'all ready for a Rant?

Here's mine: One problem with this show, is that they CANNOT stick to anything! If they do it last 2 episodes at most, I enjoy the show and all, but let's compare it to Harry Potter, the problem last 7 BOOKS! They could turn a problem with Nightmare Moon to last for a full freaking season! Wouldn't that have been cool?! Tirec could've been in a full season, Discord could've had his own. This I would've really loved.

The episode also changed way to fast, because they only could fit it in 2 episodes. They had to fit something that was a full season worthy in 44 minutes. Tirec is also a horrible villian, betraying Discord was stupid, because Discord could've been so strong against them all. Twiliight is also a huge dick, first you don't wanna be better than anyone else but then she wants to be? Come on!

Anyways, this is my opinion!

I just started the finale but: OMGALLPRINCESSESSINGINGTOGETHER

It really helps that they all have amazing singing actors behind them. :wub:
---

Now that I've finished it: Whoa. Now that's a season finale. Quite honestly they could have ended the entire series on that note if they truly wanted to but I know season 5 has been confirmed.

Tirek was definitely the most dangerous villain they had to deal with power-wise. Backed by Discord he was a truly formidable foe.

One of the main reasons I liked these episodes though? Fighting. For once they actually had a no-holds-barred, knock down, drag 'em out brawl instead of just finishing things with the spirit ball elements of harmony.

Legit, best season finale so far.

I also decree that season 4 is my favorite season of the series so far. There wasn't a single episode I wasn't excited about watching.

Yes, it sounds good, to hear them and see them all sing together, but I really didn't enjoy it. It seemed un-provoked, they jumed to itso fast.

Discord had a lot higher potiental, Tirec is just really good at manipulation.

That was pretty good, but it didn't seem to fit me for the show, I love that they tried that, but going Anime style? Common.

It seemed to lean toward bronies a lot, but that's what made up the fanbase. I think they should just stick to other things :/

I liked season 3 most, a lot more paced and the ending was better than the one to season 4.

I just liked it a lot more in the back, to much hype for season 4. (to me).

Or a 3-part episode. ;) It can work too.

20 additional minutes is a maximum in my opinion, it would have allowed them to prolong the fight, to take more time to show the consequences of the destruction of the library, and to make an ending less rushed... I think that fills 20 minutes.

A movie means 45 extra minutes, I'm not sure they would have been able to fill that.

That's fair, that would probably work too.  I'm not sure if that would solve the problems that I had with the music, since a movie would likely have a bigger budget and thus feasibly be able to improve on it.  I do agree though, a lot of the story problems could have been solved with another 20 minutes or so.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so it's been a couple days since the finale and I've had plenty of time to think about it, re-watch it a couple times, and share my thoughts. To start things off, I want to let you know that I definitely liked it overall, but of course, it was in no way "perfect." Obviously, there are spoilers bellow.

Things I liked!

- Finally! A G1 villain! Now all we need is Smooze!

- Tirek is a much more well developed villain than Nightmare Moon, King Sombra, and Queen Chrysalis. I actually cared when he was talking and felt worried when he was winning. He's only second to Discord.

- I'm glad that Discord's loyalty vs nature was finally addressed! I always thought that he was reformed too easily, and I was afraid that he would just go to being a loyal trickster with no question about his loyalty. The way he was written in this episode surprised me a lot, and I mean that in a good way.

- That one part in part two where Tirek and Twilight were fighting and it was all like BOOM! WABLAM! EXPLOSIONS! LAZER BEAMS! BOOM! BANG! YEEEEAAAAAAAH! OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWESOME!

Things I didn't like!

- A large portion of part one and the beginning of part two was devoted to exposition, but not just any exposition. It was exposition about things that happened earlier in the season! There's no point in waisting screen-time with exposition about things that the audience has already seen! It's entirely f***ing pointless!

- Flash Sentry shows up in this episode, but we don't get to see Tirek drain him! In fact, we never see any of the unlikable characters get it! I want to see it happen to Blue Blood and Diamond Tiara not Shining Armor and Braeburn damn it!

- The way Celestia pronounces Tartarus.

- Spike gets a tiny chair at the new council so that he can be reminded that he's important, but not that important.

- The thing in the box was just Hasbro's next marketing campaign! What is the point of it anyway? It does the exact same thing as the Elements did, the only difference is that it's more inconvenient to carry around and it makes them look stupid...

I absolutely loved this! Definitely my favorite episode of the series yet. Might sound corny, but it really made me feel like a kid again. These characters are real and developed, and the final battle, which had the potential to look incredibly silly, was done very well. It's nothing against other villains, but Tirek felt like the only one who was a legitimate threat. I think this had to do with him not being at all humorous or getting his own musical number. It was just so heavy, storywise, and I'd love to see more episodes like this. Can't wait for season 5! 

5) Twilight's Library... I'll be honest, this is a personal thing. But destroying the place she's called home makes me wanna cry, but the show rushed it's way passed that and gave her a castle that doesn't have the same homey feel about it. I feel like Twilight's lost a lot more than the show cares to explain (that's a first).

This. I couldn't believe they did that to her house, and I couldn't agree more that the castle feels incredibly less homey. I wish they could have incorporated her current house with a castle. Like the box opens up and changes the current house to be bigger and include a throne room, but not change it from being her awesome tree house. 

• Brohoof 1

Y'all ready for a Rant?

Here's mine: One problem with this show, is that they CANNOT stick to anything! If they do it last 2 episodes at most, I enjoy the show and all, but let's compare it to Harry Potter, the problem last 7 BOOKS! They could turn a problem with Nightmare Moon to last for a full freaking season! Wouldn't that have been cool?! Tirec could've been in a full season, Discord could've had his own. This I would've really loved.

The episode also changed way to fast, because they only could fit it in 2 episodes. They had to fit something that was a full season worthy in 44 minutes. Tirec is also a horrible villian, betraying Discord was stupid, because Discord could've been so strong against them all. Twiliight is also a huge dick, first you don't wanna be better than anyone else but then she wants to be? Come on!

Anyways, this is my opinion!

Yes, it sounds good, to hear them and see them all sing together, but I really didn't enjoy it. It seemed un-provoked, they jumed to itso fast.

Discord had a lot higher potiental, Tirec is just really good at manipulation.

That was pretty good, but it didn't seem to fit me for the show, I love that they tried that, but going Anime style? Common.

It seemed to lean toward bronies a lot, but that's what made up the fanbase. I think they should just stick to other things :/

I liked season 3 most, a lot more paced and the ending was better than the one to season 4.

I just liked it a lot more in the back, to much hype for season 4. (to me).

The number one thing that impressed me about the season and the finale was that they seem to be expanding the scope of the show. It almost seems like they are trying to break the mold of what a "little girl's show" is these days.

This season actually had continuity. Events influencing other events and all of it leading up to two major events: The Equestria Games and the Tirek fiasco with the box. Tirek really didn't need a whole season. He's not that interesting of a villain. He wanted power, he got that power. Done. There's such a thing as making something too complicated and that's what would have happened if they tried to make Tirek last longer than a few episodes.

So for all intents and purposes the season felt very well paced for me and they did a lot of amazing things both in animation and in story.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

A lot of love for it apparently. I enjoyed it but couldn't help feel it had some irritating flaws.

Time for some negativity!

Main thing that irks me: Twilight being the all important once more. The rest of the mane 6 being shoved off to the side such as with the crystal empire.

Second main thing: Rainbow Power. Looks stupid and is basically the EoH. Pointless.

Lesser thing: Discord. I'm not a Discord fan and thank god for that. I really disliked the way they handled him here. I've briefly read some excuses people have made and don't buy it.

Castle also looks a bit out of place. Might be ok im a Barbie movie or something.

Songs seemed generic.

Also, fighting a magic eater with magic is a little odd, but we can just go with how powerful certain magic is *shrug*

Anyway, what was the benefit of giving all the power to Twilight. Surely giving the ones who have had 1k+ years of magical experience would have been a better fighting force than Twilight, element of magic or not. Unless the idea was to just hide the magic. But then that brings up the point as to why the left the window and why they trusted Discord not to tell the guy.

All that aside, it was beautiful to watch. Baddie bas pretty badass and the boss battle at the end was epic.

I just hope the future doesn't invole extensive use of RainbowEoH and that they actually give something for the others to do rather than Twilight.

Edited by Greenlitsky
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
So here we are, the end of season 4. It has been quite the ride hasn't it? After a controversial season 3, which by the way I still think was a good season, we now have reached the end of a wonderful season. Many memories were made and many new challenges were faced. Overall, it was a fantastic season with so much to look back on.

Now onto the finale. In short: I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. Everything about it was wonderful to me. The setting, the songs, the villain, the ending, all of it! Being a HUGE fan of Princess Twilight, this was nearly a dream come true. Rather than just have that as my summary though, I will go through each point and say why I loved it.

First, the premise/setting. We start off with Princess Twilight who is uncertain as her role in Equestria as a princess. This was neat because it was never really explained what her role was until now and I am sure we all wondered too. Then, instead of having doubts, the other princesses reassure her with a WONDERFUL song. Cadence was a surprise to me as she has not yet sung and the song was beautiful. This really set a great overall tone for the episode. Truly, she will find out what her important role is soon enough.

Next, the villain. Tirek (I think thats how you spell it), was a very interesting villain. Not only was he very intimidating, but he also had a very interesting backstory, originally being a good guy rather than bad. I also like how he starts off weak but grows even more powerful over time, becoming a very intimidating force. Plus, the voice acting for him was excellent. He also played very well off of Discord, speaking of which...

Discord. Yeah, he was easily one of my favorite parts to the finale. Why? Because of how they handled him. Throughout season 4, it was very unclear whether or not he was truly reformed and if he truly knew what friendship really meant. It is here because of Tirek that we learn that he did not fully know of the magic of friendship and he betrays his friends. However, once Tirek betrays Discord, he realizes that what he did was wrong and that friendship means more than any amount of power or chaos, Twilight releasing him probably making this concrete for him. It was also neat that he held the key during the episode.

The songs were also wonderful. This season has been filled with songs, most of which I have really enjoyed and these are no different. Since this was a two parter, the songs don't take up much time of the episodes and this was well done. Your Time Will Come was beautiful and the last song was wonderful too, setting a great tone for the ending. Speaking of the ending...

THE ENDING. YES. THIS. The ending was, in my opinion, the greatest possible thing they could have done here. It does so many great things and answers so many questions and this is beyond wonderful. For one, it answers what Twilight's true role as a princess is, being the Princess of Friendship. This is AWESOME. I love it! She is now the princess of the thing that brought the mane 6 together. Not only this, but since she is the princess of friendship, she is not alone. She got a bran new CASTLE, replacing her library which was sadly destroyed. This is really cool as well. It signifies advancement for Twilight as a character. I LOVE IT! Within this castle though, there are thrones for each of her friends. They will be ruling with her, as the power of friendship is pointless without them. This was wonderful as it shows that Twilight's friends are just as important as they ever were and it solidifies this completely. Rainbow Power was also much greater than I expected it to be, even for the short time it was used there. It is a great replacement to the Elements in my opinion. The ending was beyond wonderful for me. The main thing I wanted was for them to advance Twilight as a character and as a Princess, I got that and so much more. :)

Overall, this was an amazing send off for amazing season. The future looks incredibly bright for FiM and I cannot wait for season 5! For me, it might very well be the best finale out of all of them. Many thought that just because Twilight was a princess now it means that she will be all of the focus and attention. Well, those people were wrong and I have no worries for season 5 in this regard. :D

I realize that this opinion might be too positive for some, but no matter. The negative parts of this fandom, I am pretty good at ignoring nowadays.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

So here we are, the end of season 4. It has been quite the ride hasn't it? After a controversial season 3, which by the way I still think was a good season, we now have reached the end of a wonderful season. Many memories were made and many new challenges were faced. Overall, it was a fantastic season with so much to look back on.[/size]

Now onto the finale. In short: I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. Everything about it was wonderful to me. The setting, the songs, the villain, the ending, all of it! Being a HUGE fan of Princess Twilight, this was nearly a dream come true. Rather than just have that as my summary though, I will go through each point and say why I loved it.

First, the premise/setting. We start off with Princess Twilight who is uncertain as her role in Equestria as a princess. This was neat because it was never really explained what her role was until now and I am sure we all wondered too. Then, instead of having doubts, the other princesses reassure her with a WONDERFUL song. Cadence was a surprise to me as she has not yet sung and the song was beautiful. This really set a great overall tone for the episode. Truly, she will find out what her important role is soon enough.

Next, the villain. Tirek (I think thats how you spell it), was a very interesting villain. Not only was he very intimidating, but he also had a very interesting backstory, originally being a good guy rather than bad. I also like how he starts off weak but grows even more powerful over time, becoming a very intimidating force. Plus, the voice acting for him was excellent. He also played very well off of Discord, speaking of which...

Discord. Yeah, he was easily one of my favorite parts to the finale. Why? Because of how they handled him. Throughout season 4, it was very unclear whether or not he was truly reformed and if he truly knew what friendship really meant. It is here because of Tirek that we learn that he did not fully know of the magic of friendship and he betrays his friends. However, once Tirek betrays Discord, he realizes that what he did was wrong and that friendship means more than any amount of power or chaos, Twilight releasing him probably making this concrete for him. It was also neat that he held the key during the episode.

The songs were also wonderful. This season has been filled with songs, most of which I have really enjoyed and these are no different. Since this was a two parter, the songs don't take up much time of the episodes and this was well done. Your Time Will Come was beautiful and the last song was wonderful too, setting a great tone for the ending. Speaking of the ending...

THE ENDING. YES. THIS. The ending was, in my opinion, the greatest possible thing they could have done here. It does so many great things and answers so many questions and this is beyond wonderful. For one, it answers what Twilight's true role as a princess is, being the Princess of Friendship. This is AWESOME. I love it! She is now the princess of the thing that brought the mane 6 together. Not only this, but since she is the princess of friendship, she is not alone. She got a bran new CASTLE, replacing her library which was sadly destroyed. This is really cool as well. It signifies advancement for Twilight as a character. I LOVE IT! Within this castle though, there are thrones for each of her friends. They will be ruling with her, as the power of friendship is pointless without them. This was wonderful as it shows that Twilight's friends are just as important as they ever were and it solidifies this completely. Rainbow Power was also much greater than I expected it to be, even for the short time it was used there. It is a great replacement to the Elements in my opinion. The ending was beyond wonderful for me. The main thing I wanted was for them to advance Twilight as a character and as a Princess, I got that and so much more. :)

Overall, this was an amazing send off for amazing season. The future looks incredibly bright for FiM and I cannot wait for season 5! For me, it might very well be the best finale out of all of them. Many thought that just because Twilight was a princess now it means that she will be all of the focus and attention. Well, those people were wrong and I have no worries for season 5 in this regard. :D

I realize that this opinion might be too positive for some, but no matter. The negative parts of this fandom, I am pretty good at ignoring nowadays.

There ain't nothin' wrong with being overly positive and it's honestly far more preferable than being overly pessimistic and negative. As one who tends to gush over things I love I know the feel. I don't think it's necessary at all to say "OH I LOVED IT but these were the flaws" or anything like that. It's perfectly acceptable to enjoy something so thoroughly that it seems flawless.

Also, Cadence does sing earlier in the series. During the season 2 finale when her and Chrysalis sing This Day Aria. Maybe you meant Luna who hasn't had a song yet? ;)

Speaking of Luna, I really feel Luna's power over dreams really came into it's own in this season. The Scootaloo episode was cool in season 3 but the way she helped with Sweetie Belle's dreams...that was great. Easily one of my favorite episodes in the season.

Season 4 is without a doubt my favorite season personally. The only episode that kinda lags behind the rest was the Flim & Flam episode. Placebo and mass hysteria are two completely overused plot devices imo.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

There ain't nothin' wrong with being overly positive and it's honestly far more preferable than being overly pessimistic and negative. As one who tends to gush over things I love I know the feel. I don't think it's necessary at all to say "OH I LOVED IT but these were the flaws" or anything like that. It's perfectly acceptable to enjoy something so thoroughly that it seems flawless.Also, Cadence does sing earlier in the series. During the season 2 finale when her and Chrysalis sing This Day Aria. Maybe you meant Luna who hasn't had a song yet? ;)Speaking of Luna, I really feel Luna's power over dreams really came into it's own in this season. The Scootaloo episode was cool in season 3 but the way she helped with Sweetie Belle's dreams...that was great. Easily one of my favorite episodes in the season.Season 4 is without a doubt my favorite season personally. The only episode that kinda lags behind the rest was the Flim & Flam episode. Placebo and mass hysteria are two completely overused plot devices imo.

Wow...I completely forgot that Cadence sung there. That was my sheer stupidity kicking in.

Also, I know many will disagree with my opinion on the finale. There might have been flaws, but I was not actively looking for them. I enjoyed it way too much to do such a thing. For me personally, it hit all the right notes and I couldn't be happier with it.

• Brohoof 2

Kyoshi, on 13 May 2014 - 2:36 PM, said:

Wow...I completely forgot that Cadence sung there. That was my sheer stupidity kicking in.

Also, I know many will disagree with my opinion on the finale. There might have been flaws, but I was not actively looking for them. I enjoyed it way too much to do such a thing. For me personally, it hit all the right notes and I couldn't be happier with it.

:lol: I say "meh, who cares" to those who disagree with me. How they feel about it won't change how I felt about it. I'm totally with you on the "all the right notes" thing. It just had that certain something that made it stand out.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Way better then the season 3 finale I could say. Really like the fight scene, the whole time I was yelling "Go Twilight!" 

Edited by Life Giver

The one problem I have with this episode is a real nitpick that really is insignificant compared to the awesomeoness of this episode:

The fact that Twilgiht's test of her element is giving up the alicorn magic for her friends. If she hadn't recieved her key for that, Equestria would have fallen under the control of all-mighty Tirek, with no way to defend themselves with even alicorn magic being done away with.

And also, Twilight wasn't really giving up something of hers. Maybe if (somehow) she had to give herself up, be a slave of Tirek or something in exchange for the safety of all of her friends. But nope. She gives up the lives and well-being of all of flipping Equestria for her friends.

I guess you could argue it's the ultimate sacrifice and shows her love for her friends, but I'm still kinda irritated that she'd let Equestria fall under Tirek's control just for six ponies, even if they mean the entire world to her.

Again, it's not that significant, and there may be other ways of looking at it that I fail to see, but other than that, I loved this episode.

The number one thing that impressed me about the season and the finale was that they seem to be expanding the scope of the show. It almost seems like they are trying to break the mold of what a "little girl's show" is these days.

This season actually had continuity. Events influencing other events and all of it leading up to two major events: The Equestria Games and the Tirek fiasco with the box. Tirek really didn't need a whole season. He's not that interesting of a villain. He wanted power, he got that power. Done. There's such a thing as making something too complicated and that's what would have happened if they tried to make Tirek last longer than a few episodes.

So for all intents and purposes the season felt very well paced for me and they did a lot of amazing things both in animation and in story.

I think it's great that they're trying that, but I got into the show because of what it was, "little girl show". I think that was a very awesome part, that got me into the show (Kinda, I'm not really a brony :/ )

Maybe you're right, but only two episodes? Common.

The best part to me was the music.