S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

It was honestly one of the best MLP episodes ever, if not the best period.

I never felt so happy in my life.

Thank you, Friendship Is Magic. You've done something for me I've never been able to do, and that is being happy.

I love you all <3

• Brohoof 1

So much streamline prodigy and Princess Twilight Sparkle must know how to find a way to stop Great Tirek for this at the end. We'll see if her treehouse home would appear in the 5th season or not.

I'm in through this best part of the season finale. :)

I thought the rainbowbow powers were going to be permanent

There's no way they would permanantly alter the appearance of the characters like that, with frilly decorations and such.

• Brohoof 1

Only Unicorns are the ones with wands.

I assume you mean horns? ^^"

I think that we all can agree that Tirek is the evilest of all the mlp villains

I completely agree with you, Tirek took the whole situation farther than any other villain in the series, it took an epic dark turn from what we're used to seeing in the series.

But! It was all necessary, I believe. Without this experience, Twilight would never have learned the true lesson in friendship she learned, and the box of rainbow goodies would have never been opened. ^^

• Brohoof 2

I completely agree with you, Tirek took the whole situation farther than any other villain in the series,

The problem is that now, no villain can go as far as he did. :unsure:

Thought I may as well whet the appetite by splitting the video into two parts. Part 2 will be focusing more on Discord's Reformation arc and Twilight's development as well as the other little aspects that people either loved or hated about this episode. 

The library!!!! Nooooo!! That was my favorite house... So sad... I do like her castle though. that's nice. All those books though. I'm in mourning for the books still and I watched this episode about a week after it aired. I love books and I loved the library. At least all the books in the rest of Equestria are safe. I wonder if with magic if they could fix all the books...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No, it doesn't make me feel better. In my experience, something this epic is difficult to follow up, and I'm really afraid they're going to have to go so over the top to one-up this finale that there won't be any magic in it.

Maybe I really am in a tiny minority here, but I don't want to see this show jump the shark. I don't want to see it go to ridiculous extremes in an effort to keep its momentum. I don't want to see them set the bar so high that they can't possibly top it.

The next super-villain to come along is going to have to do even more than Tirek did. It won't be enough to just nearly destroy Equestria and subvert everyone and all but kill its leaders. Either the next villain has to cross a line that I'm sure this show doesn't want to cross (like actually killing someone), has to find some incredibly unique thing to do that nobody's thought of, or everyone's going to go "ho hum, seen it before."

not really after discord was cheese legs she was trying to steel love but dose that really compare to changing the fabric of reality? the season 5 could be more low key and still be very good to

excellent without having an over the top all out fight

O and can we have a collected moment of silence for twilights books?

Edited by Noodles

(edited)

To be honest, I don't get all the hype on the two episodes. Sure the Rainbow Power and Battle Scene were different. It just felt like a typical episode to me. I think one thing that would change my opinion if there was like if one of the ponies did like a super tornado. That would be cool.

Also I hope that there was a Summer Episode of MLP, like Twilight going all over Equestria by herself, that would also be cool.

Edited by Seaswirl10

(edited)

... Whoa.

I just... whoa.

Did I just watch an episode of My Little Pony, or did I read a comic arc? The show wouldn't write something this... this... different... right?

I mean, yes, I was expecting a great episode from the start but this episode threw me out of my seat.

... Or I suppose I should say my bed.

But where do I even begin?

For starters, this episode is, by far, the darkest episode the show has presented.How so? Let's start with the villain.

Tirek is strong, intimidating, and a genuine threat. I mean, for Celestia's sake, HE IS THE DIRECT CAUSE OF SEVERAL EXPLOSIONS. EXPLOSIONS. EXPLOSIONS THAT INTENDED TO KILL. He was, by far, the biggest and most maniachal villain the show has offered.

Next, the development. Oh GOD the character development.

Twilight's development was so... so understandable. Twilight has been tasked with being a princess; something that should be an enormous responsibility. With Twilight being a princess, it would have been easy to pretend Twilight's had all kinds of responsibilities off-screen. But no, the writers took a very smart and meaningful route, showing the disappointment of being tasked with something big and not having a chance to prove yourself under the conditions. I should also add, this episode could have EASILY been about Twilight being tasked with responsibilities and being unable to handle it. But no. Twilight's arc revolves around handling an enormous burden and being responsible for all kinds of power in unexpected turns of events. It was hard to control, but Twilight could at least handle it. The magic never downed her, or made it hard to do things; she handled the power of the alicorn princesses responsibly and with the drive that is to be expected out of Twilight this late in the show.

And then, there's Discord.

DISCORD

I'M SO GLAD I CAN LOVE YOU AS A CHARACTER AGAIN

Everything about Discord's development was well thought-out and mature. Discord values his friendship with Fluttershy, and seeing him care for her so much was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I swear, this episode made me border on the Fluttercord line; a line I never thought I'd even consider.

But at the same time, Discord is still confused about the idea of friendship. He's able to treat his not-Fluttershy friends like utter crap, and still expects to be called their friend. He wasn't being evil; he just didn't understand friendship. When he exchanged his friendship and the bonds he's formed with Tirek for the chance of tyranny and Equestrian domination, he still hesitated. Not only that, but all throughout everything he did, he was uncertain. Turning against his friends, having to change his leaf and abandon all the people who'd come to trust him... many tines Discord felt unsure, even projecting his uncertainty to his reluctance to trust Tirek. At the same time, he's come to appreciate sentimentalities, which is what won Discord over in the end; Tirek gave Discord something he thought labeled them as friends and partners-in-crime, leading Discord to trust him wholeheartedly. Which makes it all the more painful when that trust goes against him. Sure, he turned against his friends, but only because he's still learning about friendship and the sentimentality of caring for those who reach a hoof out to you. In being betrayed by Tirek, he learned this himself, in the hardest way.

And I know there were a lot of people who were excited about Discord's anti-heroism adding a sense of mean-spiritedness to the show, but if you know me, you know that I was not a fan of Discord being the asshole he was, and seeing he'll be growing and learning more as a character for what I hope is the remainder of the show is a breath of fresh chocolate milk rain. I'm personally very excited to see where good-guy Discord takes us.

To be honest, I don't know if they can top this. But Hasbro's pulled off some miracles, and I'll be sticking around to see them prove me wrong and make what could become a gem of a show, for another 5+ years, as I've heard.

Keep making greatness, Hasbro.

See you at Season 5.

Edited by SomariFeyWright
  • Brohoof 4

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.

I have one word for this finale.

INTENSE.

It made me so, so nervous, I couldn't even...

I got so scared when Twilight was fighting Tyrek (or Tirek, eek whatever he's called)

AND THEN WHEN SHE GAVE UP HER POWERS AHH.

JUST NO.

NO.

WHY.

She had everything to give! Come on, she was THIS CLOSE to defeating Tyrek. I get the whole friendship magic thing, but seriously, it's not just her magic she was giving up! It was like all of the alicorns! 

But yes. Such a satisfying ending, I had to smile when Discord met Tyrek, but then he went and betrayed his friends, like why. :(

I thought they did a great job with this episode. I loved the songs especially the song "You'll play your part". Cadance had the most destinctive voice not to light like Twilights sparkles but not to oprah like the others but overall I think that they all have great voices. But I really enjoyed the story line and the characters unique new part in Equestria. Thanks for reading!! :-D

I really loved this finale! It was the best one yet! I have no Idea how it can be topped with a season 5. Maybe season 5 will suck, but who knows.

I loved the song, "You'll play your part", and the lesson that everyone is special and has something to give is sweet and awesome!

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so there's Coco Pommel for Rarity, the Wonderbolts for Rainbow Dash, Cheese Sandwich for Pinkie Pie, the Breezies for Fluttershy, Silver Shill for Applejack, and... DISCORD... for Twilight? Hang on... Give me a second for this to seep in...

(edited)

I loved this episode. Twilight had to make the hardest choice possible. Keep the power or save her friends. This episode reminded me of an idea I gave to the artists of MLP:FIM on twitter. I said how about doing an episode or two based off of a fanfic.

These episodes reminded me of the fanfic called Halo: on wings of angels on fimfiction.net.

The premiss of the story was about Twilight trying to create a new spell. Instead of the spell she had wanted, because of a wrong ingredient she created a long range teleportation spell. Shortly after the spell misfired, Twilight was almost killed but saved by guys from Halo.

Several fights later, she teleported home. Landing in Celestia's private chambers, Twilight found herself home.

All three princesses saw how Twilight has changed. Princess Cadence worried about how the thought of her killing something would affect her. Princess Luna was silent until asked about her opinion on this matter. Her response was shocking to her cousin and older sister.

"I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner" Luna said. " What if Discord summoned creatures that were terrifying beyond description? What if she was unable to rescue Rarity without a fight from the Diamond dogs? The thing worse than killing is when you had chose to watch your friends die when you could have done something about it.

This story has some swearing and graphic descriptions.

But it was well worth the time to read.

Below is a link if you're interested in seeing what I'm talking about.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/13906/halo-on-the-wings-of-angels

Edited by ravensilvertail

There was more action than I expected it to be. I mean really it was almost like dragon ball z for a little.

Although I don't blame discord for being evil for a little bit. The ponies still saw him as evil (except Fluttershy) even when he became good. But the villain gave him respect unlike the ponies (besides Fluttershy) didn't care to show to him. Well you know until he betrayed discord.

• Brohoof 1