Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the mane six overrated?

Rarity Paige Belle

• 6 years later...

But seriously, the Mane Six are most certainly not overrated! :lostit: They are the most amazing ponies ever and by far the best characters on the show. :mlp_pinkie: I will never be convinced otherwise! :angry: I hate it when there’s an episode that doesn’t have at least one of them in it. :mlp_confused:

I love them too much to ever call them overrated! :wub:

• Brohoof 4

ABSOLUTLY NOT!! You can't even compare to Megan from G1* to Mane 6 from G4 since the latter actually worked together to defeat Tirek. To be honest, I find the comparison to be incredibly unfair. Just because Megan 'does something' in G1, that doesn't make The Mane 6 in G4 'overrated' since both them are in their completely universe and different generations.

*Granted Megan did appear in G4 in Equestria Girls, but still, that's in a completely different universe.

• 1 month later...

No, not really. The Tirek in G1 and the Tirek in G4 are very different on the terms of power and threat level. In G1, all he really did was sit on a throne and send his minions to capture ponies and bring them to him so he could fly around on a chariot. In G4 however, he goes around Equestria basically stealing the essence that makes ponies work. He definitely wasn't as big of a threat in G1 as he was in G4.

Now, as for the mane six as character's in general, they are great! One of the aspects about them that is so great is that many different people can all relate to at least one member of the group, which makes them perfect for this show. In my case for instance, I relate the most with Fluttershy, and I love it when she's able to overcome the many challenges that are thrown at her :squee:. To some, they may relate to, say, Twilight more, or maybe Applejack, or any of the other members of the group. This versatility is what makes them such a well loved and highly regarded group of characters. So I'll restate, I don't believe that the Mane Six are overrated :fluttershy:.

No, they aren't. The Mane Six are the show's central characters; most of their adventures are in their perspectives. As we watch their escapades, we witness them learning and growing. Without them, there isn't a Friendship Is Magic.

Uh... no? Honestly I would personally say FiM has one of my favorite casts of characters of any show and in general are pretty well developed throughout the series. Not sure why one would even watch the show if they didn't like the main characters.

Plus I'm not really sure I quite like the G1 comparison - admittedly I haven't watched much of G1 but either way that's still a separate universe with it's own set of rules independent from FiM.

30 minutes ago, Megas said:

Yeah, I really wished the show gave more focus on my shitty background characters instead

/s

who knows, maybe there's someone out there who wants the show to revolve entirely around Flash Sentry.

• Brohoof 3

As a whole group, no. Rainbow Dash by herself? Yes. She is arguably the most popular #1 favorite among fans.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Rainbow Dash by herself? Yes. She is arguably the most popular #1 favorite among fans.

Disagree. She's very popular for good reasons. Her best episodes and best appearances (Washouts, WA, Hurricane Fluttershy, Grannies Gone Wild, Common Ground) balance her strengths, brashness, and insecurities.

• Brohoof 2

48 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Disagree. She's very popular for good reasons. Her best episodes and best appearances (Washouts, WA, Hurricane Fluttershy, Grannies Gone Wild, Common Ground) balance her strengths, brashness, and insecurities.

When did I say anything about her being popular for bad reasons?  I said she was overrated, not infamous. All I meant was that she seems to be consistently rated as the most popular of the main cast. That’s it.

On 2014-05-10 at 11:30 PM, Rarity Paige Belle said:

I ask this because in G1 the human Megan defeated Tirek with no help whatsoever.

Ha! This thread was about something completely different than the title suggests.

Well, Human Megan didn't become an alicorn either. So the Mane 6 are definitely overrated.

(Did I just call her human Megan?)