Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why're people laughing at me for no reason? Does it happen to you too?

TheMarkz0ne

Simple topic and I know this happens to other people. You think autistic people have this aura, magnetism and attraction that makes people point and laugh when nothing happened? I left the mall an hour ago and these little kids at yogibo were laughing at me. I can accept little kids fooling around. I have had school bus kids laugh at me and just jerks on the main road laugh at me. I shower, I dress in right and I take care of myself. Obviously something is going on here.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno. I usually don't know if someone is autistic or not, unless they tell me. I don't know how to really spot the signs since I never looked much into autism. I know I have a young nephew that's autistic, but I don't see him much.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Since you're independent and take well care of yourself, I'm assuming they're jealous it something. You know what they say, people fear what they don't understand, so they try all sorts of tactics to ridicule those who are different. I guess they picked up that you're different than what they're used to seeing.

Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 1

Do you, and don't take this the wrong way, but "look autistic?" If you do, there's really nothing you can do except just ignore them. Some people are just rude.

Do you, and don't take this the wrong way, but "look autistic?" If you do, there's really nothing you can do except just ignore them. Some people are just rude.

I don't know what looking autistic means. People say I'm handsome and people I engage in conversations with, say I'm intelligent. But no one has ever called me an ugly person.

Do you ever walk like a robot and talk to yourself in public?

No I walk fast though. People tell me to calm down. This is just my normal walking speed and I don't get tired.

Are you sure it wasn't just paranoia? They were laughing specifically AT you?

As someone with social anxiety, when people are laughing together I always think it's at me. Even though I know deeper down that they're not.

• Brohoof 7

I don't know what looking autistic means. People say I'm handsome and people I engage in conversations with, say I'm intelligent. But no one has ever called me an ugly person.

No I walk fast though. People tell me to calm down. This is just my normal walking speed and I don't get tired.

There are things I've seen. I've seen some of them walk weird, which most people don't notice unless its extremely ridiculous, and their posture. Walking speed doesn't matter unless you're going faster then a fast walk. If people think you need to calm down then you definitely need to slow it down a bit, trying copying someone else who walks at a decent pace that's fast enough but not speed racer. Also just an fwi Guys are stupid. It sometimes is embarrassing to be one. A lot of them are heartless, I've heard these two guys talking about a girl who made a stupid mistake, but then they just say she's lucky her ass makes up for her lack of intelligence. If that isn't wrong, I don't know what is.

There are things I've seen. I've seen some of them walk weird, which most people don't notice unless its extremely ridiculous, and their posture. Walking speed doesn't matter unless you're going faster then a fast walk. If people think you need to calm down then you definitely need to slow it down a bit, trying copying someone else who walks at a decent pace that's fast enough but not speed racer. Also just an fwi Guys are stupid. It sometimes is embarrassing to be one. A lot of them are heartless, I've heard these two guys talking about a girl who made a stupid mistake, but then they just say she's lucky her ass makes up for her lack of intelligence. If that isn't wrong, I don't know what is.

I have memories of people in middle school telling me "I walk weird" who cares I can still walk. There are people out there who would kill to have their legs intact. I can't stand people and how they want to amass items to please people, but then turn around and will make fun of them.

I have the opposite problem....... People are downright terrified of me..... I guess being a very large stature person dosent help that but.... I don't look mean...... I don't act mean...... Hmm..... We must just exude some weird aura.....

Why does this sound incredibly paranoid? Why would someone randomly laugh at you? Even if they were bullies(randomly on the street?), they aren't going to laugh for no reason, they'll laugh when a mistake is made

I have memories of people in middle school telling me "I walk weird" who cares I can still walk. There are people out there who would kill to have their legs intact. I can't stand people and how they want to amass items to please people, but then turn around and will make fun of them.

Yea we all know it's wrong, and in fact a stupid concept, but that's just the way it is. If you don't want to be laughed at or looked at funny you just gotta do it, otherwise you are gonna get a lot of bull shit from people. A lot of autistic people I've met don't seem to want to accept it, but it is in fact the ONLY way.

I have the opposite problem....... People are downright terrified of me..... I guess being a very large stature person dosent help that but.... I don't look mean...... I don't act mean...... Hmm..... We must just exude some weird aura.....

It's natural instinct, not much you can do to stop them from it except look more pleasant with certain clothes and good hygiene.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Why does this sound incredibly paranoid? Why would someone randomly laugh at you? Even if they were bullies(randomly on the street?), they aren't going to laugh for no reason, they'll laugh when a mistake is made

What mistake? Leaving the mall and going about my business? I have my Trixie shirt on and I think that is no reason to laugh.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

What mistake? Leaving the mall and going about my business? I have my Trixie shirt on and I think that is no reason to laugh.

That might have been it. There's a stigma about bronies, that they are people with no life. Even so, the might have been laughing at someone else

That might have been it. There's a stigma about bronies, that they are people with no life. Even so, the might have been laughing at someone else

I was aware that they were staring right at me. But people do make fun of me for my walking speed. Yes, because walking fast and not treating breathing like a chore is such a bad thing.  >_>

(edited)

Simple topic and I know this happens to other people. You think autistic people have this aura, magnetism and attraction that makes people point and laugh when nothing happened? I left the mall an hour ago and these little kids at yogibo were laughing at me. I can accept little kids fooling around. I have had school bus kids laugh at me and just jerks on the main road laugh at me. I shower, I dress in right and I take care of myself. Obviously something is going on here.

It might be that you're being too paranoid. Maybe they were laughing at a funny poster behind you, or some person close to you making a funny face, or maybe they were just laughing to themselves and happened to be looking in your direction.

You dress right and keep yourself nicely. If you aren't limping or ticing or something, 9 times out of 10 they aren't laughing at you. The 1 other time, forget them, you've got more important people to worry about.

:edit: Just read your post about wearing a Trixie shirt. Sorry to say, but if you're a man that's probably what they were laughing about. Many people still cannot handle seeing men partake in feminine pastimes.

Edited by nami438
  • Brohoof 2

I was aware that they were staring right at me. But people do make fun of me for my walking speed. Yes, because walking fast and not treating breathing like a chore is such a bad thing.  >_>

You are aware that looking at someone doesn't mean laughing at someone, right? I can look though someone

• Brohoof 1

They were laughing at me while looking at me. 

There's a thing called looking through someone. You're being paranoid. Even if they were laughing at you, will you ever see them again?

There's a thing called looking through someone. You're being paranoid. Even if they were laughing at you, will you ever see them again?

I know I won't. It's not paranoia. People really have done this in the past. It pisses me off. If I screwed up and looked like an idiot. Of course people can laugh at me and I would understand.

I know I won't. It's not paranoia. People really have done this in the past. It pisses me off. If I screwed up and looked like an idiot. Of course people can laugh at me and I would understand.

It was the shirt. Be brave and wear your girly shirts against the naysayers, or be a blank flank like everyone else and be invisible in both a good and bad way.

• Brohoof 1

Everything Im about to say has been stated before, but I too think it was the shirt (in the case of the yogibo store) and the walking (the other times) People look for obscure things to poke fun at. If something is normal, it isnt interesting and nothing funny can be said about it. When someone sees a person in a brony shirt, you better believe they are going to crack some jokes because there is so much to work with. "Men who like ponies? Wtf?" Its out of the ordinary. Same applies to the walking. If there is a crowd of people walking normal paced, and one person is going fast compared to the rest, it looks odd. combine this with either an awkward walking style or repeating it everyday and people will go from assuming, "that guy must be late for something" to, "why does that guy walk so weird?" Both can stop being a problem with the mindset of "who cares" but the simple fact is as long as youre wearing/doing something unusual, people are going to poke fun. This applies to everyone. Thats why many people are so conscious of how they stand/walk and why it takes a brave brony to wear something like a Trixie shirt. In reality, you can never be sure those people are actually laughing at you. Not calling it paranoia, but the human mind tends to assume many things 

• Brohoof 3