Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why're people laughing at me for no reason? Does it happen to you too?

TheMarkz0ne

If you act the same way IRL that you do online, then I can't say I'm surprised.  In all likelihood, you have a lot of behavior quirks that you are unaware of, but other people notice quickly.  From their perspective, they saw a nervous looking guy walking weird, breathing heavily and wearing a cartoon pony t-shirt.  They might have been thinking "classic autistic neckbeard basement dweller."  And they laughed.

There's only so much you can do about it, but understanding why people think you're weird/laughable can help (even if it's not something you want to hear).

• Brohoof 1

Maybe they're training to be assholes.

You never have someone behave strangely when you meet them alone. They only do so in the presence of their colleagues.

Why this is, hell if I know. I laugh to myself if something is funny. (it's more like a smile really)

If I laugh in a group, I don't make sure that we all look at someone randomly and make them feel as if we're laughing about them.

Was there anybody in the background?

If not, I wouldn't really say they're laughing at you...

However, you have to realize that some people will laugh if they see a "My Little Pony" shirt on an adult male or female.

Even if it doesn't say "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" or something of the sorts, if they recognize the shirt to be related with the fandom, you have to realize that not everybody is either a brony or is okay with the fandom.

Although I think you mentioned you being autistic, and that might also be the case; some people tend to dislike people who are different.

It's just the way our society is :c

This proves a point as well ^^

I agree, people shouldn't judge a book by its cover unless you have seen them before and their behavior. But really guys? You need to know someone before you critisize them. Just because they are different doesn't mean you should be critical. Espescially if they are autistic. Also the fact that people are being stereotypical about Bronies. It happens a lot on Miiverse saying Bronies are really trolls and/or bother people.

In conclusion, don't be critically malicious to one another just because you are jealous. Be yourself no body is perfect. How about we gather around everypony and spread the love.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I agree, people shouldn't judge a book by its cover unless you have seen them before and their behavior. But really guys? You need to know someone before you critisize them. Just because they are different doesn't mean you should be critical. Espescially if they are autistic. Also the fact that people are being stereotypical about Bronies. It happens a lot on Miiverse saying Bronies are really trolls and/or bother people.

In conclusion, don't be critically malicious to one another just because you are jealous. Be yourself no body is perfect. How about we gather around everypony and spread the love.

I fully agree with you.

I'm going to go all out brony on this one, but I'm going to say;

"Let's bring the magic of friendship together!"

Strength in numbers, right?

Edited by RailOfFire

(edited)

Maybe they were just drunk and randomly laugh at everything. You know, people often get consume alcoholics and then do stupid things. They can also be on drugs like LSD and Crack or just happen to have mental problems.

Alternatively, since you're a conspiracy theorist like me, there is a vast conspiracy going on to keep you down because "The Man" wants it that way to prevent you from waking the sheeple.

Edited by Infinite Love
  • Brohoof 2

It's possible they're just real-life trolls and you are their victim. Or maybe, just a possibility that others mentioned before, you are just paranoid, delusional or hallucinating. Just asking, do you suffer from any mental diseases or did you take any kind of drugs or drink?

Simple topic and I know this happens to other people. You think autistic people have this aura, magnetism and attraction that makes people point and laugh when nothing happened? I left the mall an hour ago and these little kids at yogibo were laughing at me. I can accept little kids fooling around. I have had school bus kids laugh at me and just jerks on the main road laugh at me. I shower, I dress in right and I take care of myself. Obviously something is going on here.

I'm sorry they're picking on you, darling. Sometimes, everypony can act mean, even evil, it's an unfortunate reality that will take a lot to end. Keep strong, darling, be proud of who you are, and don't take hede from other people being mean. They're just misguided, and don't know how much of a wonderful person you are <3

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

It happens but right after I've done something silly or odd, but if I don't them and there's chance I probably won't meet them again, I won't care because spending time and thinking about such things (for me) leads to negative and self-critical thinking that can be exhausting, so I'll just move on. If it's my friends/close people I would ask why or just don't make a big job thinking about why. 

I don't know what looking autistic means. People say I'm handsome and people I engage in conversations with, say I'm intelligent. But no one has ever called me an ugly person.

No I walk fast though. People tell me to calm down. This is just my normal walking speed and I don't get tired.

Hey! I walk fast too! Though, I can't say I've ever been made fun of for being autistic. When I tell people that I'm autistic, they usually say something along the lines of "Wow really? you sure do hide it well."

I feel that I should be more helpful, but I really don't know what to tell you that hasn't already been said. Sorry. :unsure:

I was laughed at earlier today actually. I was at the local ice cream store, and some women who were in front of me and my brother were snickering and pointing at me the entire time I was in line...I have no idea why...It made me feel awful. Guess that's what I get for assuming I could go out in public and get mocked less than I do everywhere else.

I have memories of people in middle school telling me "I walk weird" who cares I can still walk. There are people out there who would kill to have their legs intact. I can't stand people and how they want to amass items to please people, but then turn around and will make fun of them.

I have had this problem even my own family does it. I was born with weird ankle bones and legs. What I mean is not all bent and crooked but like turned or something. I am thinking it was due to double jointing because I can turn my foot all the way around. But I was thinking not recently because I was trying to force my ankles to turn forward and they started to hurt when they faced straight because when I walk my feet are almost sideways my sister said it looks like I break my legs every time I step.

Omg sorry ranting well the only other thing that I can think that they might make fun of you besides it not being walking ,appearance ,or anything else is they are trying to get on your nerves and make you mad so that you will freak out. I have had this problem and it turned out to be that.

(edited)

i think youre just being paranoid honestly

you know if human were granted the ability to read others minds, i think we would be shocked about how much we are not worried about others and we would see that most people are preoccupied with thought concerning themselves.

Edited by RNgineer
  • Brohoof 1

*Detective Mode activated*

I have my Trixie shirt on and I think that is no reason to laugh.

This is why they were laughing at you.

Plus your self-admitted weird gait, to a lesser extent.

Stop wearing pony shirts, I guarantee you'll stop being laughed at.

---

Also, no, not really. I'm a very intimidating person. The way I walk, the way I dress (mostly black)...my habitual frown doesn't help much.

But hey, if I exude this "talk sh*t get hit" aura, I'm perfectly okay with that.

I also don't wear pony merch.

Do you ever walk like a robot

I used to walk very stiffly, until an adult couple came up to me and began mocking me. As I continued walking, they followed behind me copying my movements. I was so embarassed, but hey, at least I walk pretty normally now.

I used to walk very stiffly, until an adult couple came up to me and began mocking me. As I continued walking, they followed behind me copying my movements. I was so embarassed, but hey, at least I walk pretty normally now.

That wasn't very nice of them, but I like to know if I'm doing something odd, so I can stop doing it. A little self-awareness goes a long way. Personally I'm not that attached to being unique that I'm willing to draw unwanted attention over it.

That wasn't very nice of them, but I like to know if I'm doing something odd, so I can stop doing it. A little self-awareness goes a long way. Personally I'm not that attached to being unique that I'm willing to draw unwanted attention over it.

It wasn't very nice, but it really did help me. I like uniqueness, but I lack self-confidence so I hate drawing attention to myself.

I know too if your walking around in public or the mall or whatever. People in groups and such look for things to laugh at it is just how things are. You really have to force yourself to look past the laughing and keep walking ignoring it. Paranoia can play with your mind but hey you are who you are so be comfortable with yourself and go on about your day. 

It wasn't very nice, but it really did help me. I like uniqueness, but I lack self-confidence so I hate drawing attention to myself.

Especially with something like that. I've got the confidence to pull off odd behavior, but it's got to look like I'm doing it on purpose.

• Brohoof 1

They are probably laughing about something else, I know how you feel. I hear people nearby laughing at me and I go into a fit of rage only to realize said people were discussing something entirely different.