Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blind Bag Customs!

Laydee Kaze

After alot of effort, I made two custom blind bag figures :3

Posted Image

It took ALOT of time and effort.

I had to use nail polish remover to get rid of the cutie marks,

then I had to sand off the thick paint on the mane and tail of the two ponies, with very fine sand-paper

This is the most I managed to get off the head:

Posted Image

After that, I bought some enamel humbrol paints, and very carefully painted the mane and tail of each character. I also painted over RBD's eyes so they were the right color for Meeps character too... I left mine as it's not overly far off anyway.

I used RBD and whatever that green one was :I, since they were the closest colours to mine and Mr Meeps characters, as I didn't want to paint the bodies and lose the eye pattern.

I did mess mine up a bit, and had to use white spirit to get some blue off her leg and wing where I'd accidentally got paint on her [Once that stuff is on, it's -on-]

Then I did the cutiemarks :3 <3

Really pleased with the outcome anyways :3

• Brohoof 9

You should do a video tutorial, it would be cool ;)

EDIT: I feel so stupid, I just realized that it was you and Mr.Meep's OC XD

Edited by Dragonshy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thankyou n.n

AAAND here we go xD lots of random pictures :3

Spoilers just incase they're too big or something xD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Laydee Kaze
  • Brohoof 1

Thankyou n.n

AAAND here we go xD lots of random pictures :3

Spoilers just incase they're too big or something xD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That was hilarious, now I have to make one :D
  • Brohoof 1

That was hilarious, now I have to make one :D

Do it! ^^ All you really need is model paints from a model making shop [Mine cost about £1.50 a pot, I only needed 3-4 to do both of them] and just need to try sand off the hair. x3 t's not neccessary, it just makes the hair stand out better, as you're re-putting the paint on the plain model, instead of over the existing paint and losing that little bit of detail in the hair... if that makes sense :P

• Brohoof 1

Do it! ^^ All you really need is model paints from a model making shop [Mine cost about £1.50 a pot, I only needed 3-4 to do both of them] and just need to try sand off the hair. x3 t's not neccessary, it just makes the hair stand out better, as you're re-putting the paint on the plain model, instead of over the existing paint and losing that little bit of detail in the hair... if that makes sense :P

If I do it I'll be sure to show you them :)

Are these the same as those? Here is the link: http://www.toysrus.c...een#showReviews

Edited by Dragonshy
  • Brohoof 2

If I do it I'll be sure to show you them :)

Are these the same as those? Here is the link: http://www.toysrus.c...een#showReviews

(Kaze's gone to bed xD)

Yeah they are :) Although over here you can get them in individual packets pretty cheaply (around $3). They sell them as random ponies in bags, but by reading the number at the top of these packets you can tell what pony is inside ^^ we did it like that :3

If you want to know more or anything then send her a message or something ^^ I'll let her know :3

• Brohoof 1

(Kaze's gone to bed xD)

Yeah they are :) Although over here you can get them in individual packets pretty cheaply (around $3). They sell them as random ponies in bags, but by reading the number at the top of these packets you can tell what pony is inside ^^ we did it like that :3

If you want to know more or anything then send her a message or something ^^ I'll let her know :3

Wow! These are reallly good edits! Quite the craftsman, you are... Have you ever tried making your own models?

I've seen how people can do it, Daring Do, but I don't think I'd be good enough to put that much effort into it. xD

It means cutting off the manes and tails with a craft knife, and doing it with that special modelling dough/clay that sets in the oven, and getting it to attach to the pony. But it would be a good idea. :P

• Brohoof 1

ohmygosh. The pictures weren't too good, but i can tell these customs were done really well. Like.. really well.

Kudos to you on that! I've gotta try this. Thanks for sharing your techniques, also. :P

Great job! They look really good. I know how hard it can be to paint all those little details, especially the eyes. I actually made a custom blind bag Derpy but I used acrylics (which I thinned out) and painted right over the original paint. It took a few coats but it turned out pretty good. The only problem I had was it left very subtle brush strokes in the paint. What is your experience with enamel paint? Do you think it would work better than acrylic?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Great job! They look really good. I know how hard it can be to paint all those little details, especially the eyes. I actually made a custom blind bag Derpy but I used acrylics (which I thinned out) and painted right over the original paint. It took a few coats but it turned out pretty good. The only problem I had was it left very subtle brush strokes in the paint. What is your experience with enamel paint? Do you think it would work better than acrylic?

This was my first time using enamel, and it was so much better than acrylic, it went on so smoothly and sort of set nice and smooth too, acrylic can kinda get lumpy and stuff when you paint over and over itself. But yeah, it was really good :3 If you ever do another custom one, I'd definitely say use the enamel paints :3

Bump:

Commission for SpeedyTransition :3

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2