Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When will America die out?

CosmicHooves

Well, I'm not the biggest fan of government on the whole, of any nation. I think it if it MUST exist, it's functions should be to enforce law, run the army and . . . yeah that's pretty much it. A government, if there absolutely MUST be one, that no longer serves the ideals I hold, is one I withdraw my support from.

One can be American without approving of it's Government you know?

I believe that is where you are wrong. Every person is smarter than the other gives them credit for. A different perspective, a different kind of knowledge they have.

We have plenty of historians, archeologists, detectives, scientists, and other seekers of truth. I don't judge our nation's intelligence by our news sources, at least not CNN.

Then why are we 14 trillion in debt? Why did we involve ourselves in a 2 wars that did not benefit us at all? If we were really such a nation of truth seekers, we would not be in this situation nationally. The truth they seek pertains to their field. An archeologist may be able to tell you exactly how and when this fossil was made, buy I doubt he could tell you why the american people continue spending far past their limits, or why the federal reserve is a privately owned bank. If people really were as encompisnly intelligent as you want, we would not have need for this conversation, nor your want for removal of our government.

Even going farther than that, why would one care about government when one's main concern is personal freedoms? What does a government have to do with how you spend your time and your life? That's up to a person, not invisible people who you'll never meet in your life.

Personally, I totally believe you, but I'm trying to play devil's advocate here and make government somewhat necessary. Personally, I'm a voluntaryist.

Then why are we 14 trillion in debt? Why did we involve ourselves in a 2 wars that did not benefit us at all? If we were really such a nation of truth seekers, we would not be in this situation nationally. The truth they seek pertains to their field. An archeologist may be able to tell you exactly how and when this fossil was made, buy I doubt he could tell you why the american people continue spending far past their limits, or why the federal reserve is a privately owned bank. If people really were as encompisnly intelligent as you want, we would not have need for this conversation, nor your want for removal of our government.

But that's exactly why we, as an ideal, will endure beyond our government. We are not one thing that can be toppled or controlled. We are vast, diverse, each a nation unto him or herself.

My father is a doctor, and though he may not be a politician, he's incredibly perceptive of the world and what goes on in it. Discipline and passion bring wisdom my friend.

I believe in the U.S. because I believe in people.

The world will keep spinning and we all will just keep carrying on in the ways we see fit.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, we can't expect the U.S. to stay powerful. I mean, several other countries around the world took the spotlight; it was merely time for the U.S. to shine after post-WWII. Eventually another country would take its place as the dominating superpower? Who knows what it'll be? Maybe it could be northern Africa, or the Middle East, or perhaps Southeast Asia...

But still, the U.S. is pretty resilient and would probably be more die-hard for defending their democracy against the "dreaded" extremists. 

(By the way, I feel that with all the pressure going onto the developing countries, communism might just take a revival...)

I live in the US, so I hope it doesn't die out anytime soon. I know this countries future isn't the brightest, but I think we'll be fine. You got to have a little hope, right?

Take a look at my posts, I've been trying to brighten things up a bit.

(Getting a bit exhausting actually.  ^_^ )

Personally, I totally believe you, but I'm trying to play devil's advocate here and make government somewhat necessary. Personally, I'm a voluntaryist.

But that's exactly why we, as an ideal, will endure beyond our government. We are not one thing that can be toppled or controlled. We are vast, diverse, each a nation unto him or herself.

My father is a doctor, and though he may not be a politician, he's incredibly perceptive of the world and what goes on in it. Discipline and passion bring wisdom my friend.

I believe in the U.S. because I believe in people.

The world will keep spinning and we all will just keep carrying on in the ways we see fit.

One anecdote does not a fact make me mate'y. And people can be toppled for a short while, look at the USSR, or China before their most current reforms. But I suppose in the end, it will fall, and then rise again. Eventually.

I live in the US, so I hope it doesn't die out anytime soon. I know this countries future isn't the brightest, but I think we'll be fine. You got to have a little hope, right?

And like I said, it would die out eventually. Something's got to happen. The Roman Empire collapsed, the Chinese dynasties collapsed, the Ottoman Empire collapsed...sooner or later, the US is going to at the least lose its superpower status. 

And like I said, it would die out eventually. Something's got to happen. The Roman Empire collapsed, the Chinese dynasties collapsed, the Ottoman Empire collapsed...sooner or later, the US is going to at the least lose its superpower status.

It's all very cyclic. It will fall eventually, only to rise again, only to fall again. Like any human society.
  • Brohoof 1

One anecdote does not a fact make me mate'y. And people can be toppled for a short while, look at the USSR, or China before their most current reforms. But I suppose in the end, it will fall, and then rise again. Eventually.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of them some of the time, but no one can fool all of them all the time.

Even as the USSR and China fell/or fall to Communism elements within always believed and fought for freedom. Whether to tyranny or to ruin, there will always be people who believe in truth, justice, and the American way.

• Brohoof 1

Older nations then us have endured upheavals and even substantial changes but not "died". England didn't die when William the Conqueror invaded the country and won the Battle of Hastings, it just changed. The Ottoman Empire didn't change much when it became Turkey besides shrinking a bit in size. Assyria became Babylon, which became Persia, which became the Seleucid Empire, which became the Sassanid Empire. But life didn't really change in that area, the capitals changed and the flags, but not the substance. 

Point is, maybe America will go through substantial changes, economically or politically, but the substance of what makes America, well, America will most likely endure for a very long time. 

And really, what is the deal with other counties being allowed to bash America, but if Americans show any pride at all in their country, they are automatically redneck hick hillbillies? A bit of a double standard.. Especially since all things considered, America acts pretty begin for all its power and leverage over other countries. If this had been any other time period in history, a country with a military that strong would be conquering the world, not just sometimes doing bungled and misguided, but admittedly with decent intentioned, police actions. 

• Brohoof 1

You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of them some of the time, but no one can fool all of them all the time.

Even as the USSR and China fell/or fall to Communism elements within always believed and fought for freedom. Whether to tyranny or to ruin, there will always be people who believe in truth, justice, and the American way.

But like all Empires, the empire of freedom will in turn become complacent and fat. And it will then decay into something resembling a system were few have total control in exchange for safety. Then the people will again rise up and form a new liberty. An un breaking cycle.

Older nations then us have endured upheavals and even substantial changes but not "died". England didn't die when William the Conqueror invaded the country and won the Battle of Hastings, it just changed. The Ottoman Empire didn't change much when it became Turkey besides shrinking a bit in size. Assyria became Babylon, which became Persia, which became the Seleucid Empire, which became the Sassanid Empire. But life didn't really change in that area, the capitals changed and the flags, but not the substance. 

Point is, maybe America will go through substantial changes, economically or politically, but the substance of what makes America, well, America will most likely endure for a very long time. 

And really, what is the deal with other counties being allowed to bash America, but if Americans show any pride at all in their country, they are automatically redneck hick hillbillies? A bit of a double standard.. Especially since all things considered, America acts pretty begin for all its power and leverage over other countries. If this had been any other time period in history, a country with a military that strong would be conquering the world, not just sometimes doing bungled and misguided, but admittedly with decent intentioned, police actions. 

Amen to that! Hell, I can't even post the "America, FUCK YEAH!" song because, despite the fact that it's a deliberate if affeciotnate parody of ourselves, SOMEONE's gonna point out that they mention the bad elements in there.

Death is pretty much change in a way. The new countries created from the old usually had different governments from the former, which shows a death of the political government. 

You can't really "kill" the tradition and culture itself. No matter what you do, it's always going to be there. 

• Brohoof 1

But like all Empires, the empire of freedom will in turn become complacent and fat. And it will then decay into something resembling a system were few have total control in exchange for safety. Then the people will again rise up and form a new liberty. An un breaking cycle.

Well I don't like to think of us as an empire to begin with. We're not one. We are . . . a way. If you will, a path of nations.

Death is pretty much change in a way. The new countries created from the old usually had different governments from the former, which shows a death of the political government. 

You can't really "kill" the tradition and culture itself. No matter what you do, it's always going to be there. 

Amen to that pegasister! /)

Given the extremely hetreogenous nature of the current American population, the continutation of the United States Of America isn't really possible. Americans used to be united by ethnic heritage from the British Isles and Protestant religion. The only thing that the American people today have in common is that they all reside in the 50 states of the Union. The people living on the Upper West Side of Manhattan don't share the lifestyle, language, food, music, kinship structure or ideology as the people living in Detroit, and neither of them share what people in Provo, Utah live by. This is obvious.

People prefer the company of their own groups. It's just a fact of human nature. And it is reasonable to think that the United States will dissolve into countless smaller areas, each controlled by groups very much unlike the groups that control other areas. Millennials in America (and the West in general) have been conditioned by their "education" and by the media to think that "diversity is our greatest strength as a nation". Nothing could be further from the truth. If diversity were a national strength, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia would not have broken apart.

The Balkanization may not involve the creation of new states but it will involve the silent realization that the people living in America are irreconcilably different.

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't like to think of us as an empire to begin with. We're not one. We are . . . a way. If you will, a path of nations.

We stopped being a way when we had territories in the Philippines and treated them like colonies. And we are far from the first country to be founded on the ideals of personal freedom and liberty.

Not necessarily. The Mongols overran China militarily, but then became the Yuan Dynasty, and except for a few minor bureaucracy changes, nothing was altered. China didn't die, even though it was utterly annihilated by the Mongols in battle. 

Same with Spain. It was ruled by Muslims for over half a millennium, yet almost immediately regained its original Christian culture and essence after the Reconquista by Leon and Castille 

• Brohoof 1

Given the extremely hetreogenous nature of the current American population, the continutation of the United States Of America isn't really possible. Americans used to be united by ethnic heritage from the British Isles and Protestant religion. The only thing that the American people today have in common is that they all reside in the 50 states of the Union. The people living on the Upper West Side of Manhattan don't share the lifestyle, language, food, music, kinship structure or ideology as the people living in Detroit, and neither of them share what people in Provo, Utah live by. This is obvious.

People prefer the company of their own groups. It's just a fact of human nature. And it is reasonable to think that the United States will dissolve into countless smaller areas, each controlled by groups very much unlike the groups that control other areas. Millennials in America (and the West in general) have been conditioned by their "education" and by the media to think that "diversity is our greatest strength as a nation". Nothing could be further from the truth. If diversity were a national strength, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia would not have broken apart.

The Balkanization may not involve the creation of new states but it will involve the silent realization that the people living in America are irreconcilably different.

But that's not weakness at all, that's strength! People from all walks of life call themselves American, and are perfectly right in doing so! Sure states have different cultures, but put a group of Americans together and we all speak a common language, and I'm not talking about the spoken English.

Take away our borders, our government (yay!), and our flags and we will STILL be a united people!

We stopped being a way when we had territories in the Philippines and treated them like colonies. And we are far from the first country to be founded on the ideals of personal freedom and liberty.

Colonies that we never intended to keep and are independent of us now. Not saying we're perfect, but we have done more in advancing freedom and liberty than any nation before us. What stated as a simple dream,

"Rome shall have no king." Has passed down the the centuries to what we have today, and will continue to go on past us.

But that's not weakness at all, that's strength! People from all walks of life call themselves American, and are perfectly right in doing so! Sure states have different cultures, but put a group of Americans together and we all speak a common language, and I'm not talking about the spoken English.

Take away our borders, our government (yay!), and our flags and we will STILL be a united people!

The dark ages took away the Government, the borders, the flags, and even some of the language. The people did not stay united, but instead divided into fiefdoms. The then grew their own language and culture, and even with a common religion, they still fought with their former brothers of the Roman Empire for hundreds of years.

(edited)

I've read a book about what could possible happen in The Next 100 Years and its central message is that the 21st century is very likely to be the American century; the author makes a point that the USA is the same as what Europe used to be as a power except that the US is united and is adjacent to two oceans. I'll try to remember the points said particularly about the US but I most likely forgot many important details.

-Currently the USA is the clear dominant power of North America; its neighbours don't pose any serious threat.

-American naval forces are so powerful that all of the world's oceans are essential controlled by the Americans. One notable fact to mention is that half of the world's active aircraft carriers are American and building a naval power is extremely expensive and takes a very long time. The fact that most other major powers would have to cross an ocean to get to the US would make it very difficult to invade them.

-China may collapse in the relative near future due to its flawed economic system that causes many Chinese businesses to fail due to the practice of investing more into people due to connections instead of their business practices. In addition there will be internal struggles between the rich coastal China and poor mainland China.

-Russia may collapse due to its inability to maintain its geopolitical interests. This is due to the West spreading their influence to many former USSR states as a way to isolate Russia. In addition, Russia's declining population will also be quite problematic.

-USA will emerge as the world's lone superpower.

-Population growth will be significantly slower particularly in developed nations, With the baby boomers in retirement, there won't be enough people to be put to work. Therefore many developed nations will encourage immigration. In the case of the US, they will encourage Mexicans to immigrate.

-Other major powers will emerge that, as a group, could challenge the US; mentioned in the book are Poland, Turkey and Japan which are all nations that used to be very powerful. However, the challengers will fail against the US; I don't remember the details as to why though.

-Nearing the end of the 21st century, the US will not be far ahead as the dominant power of North America; I forgot many details but I think basically Mexico's economy would have grown quite a bit throughout the century and would eventually be a challenger to the US. This would be the first time in a long time where the US would have a challenger within the same continent. Much of Southern US have  a dominant Mexican population. Many of them don't consider themselves to be in a separate country but more so in an extension of Mexico. With a much higher Mexican population in Southern US due to the American immigration policies that was followed throughout the century, the American government may have a much more difficult time maintaining control of these regions. The author doesn't mention how the crisis could end.

Edited by Krovavaya Luna
  • Brohoof 1

What language is it, exactly?

That ineffable, unspoken connection that brings us together here . . . friendship.

The dark ages took away the Government, the borders, the flags, and even some of the language. The people did not stay united, but instead divided into fiefdoms. The then grew their own language and culture, and even with a common religion, they still fought with their former brothers of the Roman Empire for hundreds of years.

True, but the Rome that fell was hardly the same Rome that rose.

And people don't need to build castles or towers to be free.

That ineffable, unspoken connection that brings us together here . . . friendship.

*freedom.

Will you prove your dedication to the american why by killing those who oppose it? You leaders call for you to act know!

True, but the Rome that fell was hardly the same Rome that rose.

And people don't need to build castles or towers to be free.

And the America we live in, is far different than the one the founders built.

And you need those walls, because somebody always wants your stuff.

*freedom.

Will you prove your dedication to the american why by killing those who oppose it? You leaders call for you to act know!

And the America we live in, is far different than the one the founders built.

And you need those walls, because somebody always wants your stuff.

"Yes sir!"

*Takes gun and kills guy who issued the order.

"Next?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were it up to me, I think a man's defense should be left to himself, but that's just me.

"Yes sir!"

*Takes gun and kills guy who issued the order.

"Next?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were it up to me, I think a man's defense should be left to himself, but that's just me.

You then either get gunned down by the rest of your unit, or thrown in gitmo were you get paraded around naked and get pictures taken of you wallowing in your own feces.

Game over private.