Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When will America die out?

CosmicHooves

Who can say, no one can really predict the future, and the economy is one of the hardest things to guess and approximate. I'd personally give it another 100 years or so before it falls from its place as any world power, then another 300 or so before it loses its status as a single country and divides. Whether or not I'm right, at one point all countries will fall, and it's really amazing how China, Greece, Egypt, etc. have come this far. Albeit, not exactly in the best shapes, but still around. However, even their time is limited. 

• 4 years later...

If you think about it, it already has died. The concept of "America" barely even applies anymore. Why? Many reasons, but the main one is simply division. The states are becoming more and more and more divided with every passing day and this has only been accelerated by a mectric f*ck-ton by the Trump presidency and because of that, I feel we have passed a point of no return. I do not see the division lessening, I only see it getting worse. Everyone is split off into different groups, the states endorse only specific groups, these groups are hating each other at an increased rate. We're only the "United States" in few ways now. 

Not sure if it ever will (?) but California is sinking so it's only a matter of time now. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

In principle? It's been dead for at least 2 centuries. It killed its own principles by the time John Adams left the presidency. 

In reality? At worst, it will be any year now and at best, in the unforeseeable future. Depends if our idiot politicians get their collective acts together and stop being corrupt.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

• 2 months later...

seeing how the growth of technology has stabilized the nations and their infrastructural growth in general terms i would say that the current system will hold atleast 50 years after that the globalization will become more and more evident as the nations will start to lose their meaning and their grip on their citizens.

At that point we will see some radical nationalists rising up and trying desperately enforce their respective nation but after some time those people die out and a new era begins where the national system is realized to be irrelevant.