Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The Poniverse Authors Helping Authors Group

Batbrony

(edited)

Welcome to the Poniverse Authors Helping Authors group! Here, our hope is that this group might serve to help build ties between the MLP Forums fan fiction community, whether we be writers or readers, by providing a number of services. Namely, this group will serve as MLP Forums first ever official fan fiction library. Fics will be stored and categorized in the thread's OP, where they will be easily accessible to readers and writers alike in one easy to find section. In order for this group to truly have an impact on our fan fiction community, however, there are a few rules that those who want to see their fics stored here must follow:

Group Rules (PLEASE READ!!!):

Rule #1: to have your fics added to the MLP Forums Authors Helping Authors group library, simply post below which fics you would like added, and we will do so at our earliest convenience, in their respective category (also, if your fic is listed on FimFiction under more than one category, please include which one category you would like to see them listed under here. We don't want to list fics multiple times for convenience sake). Any fics posted in the Authors Helping Authors group library must have a thread within the Fan Fiction section in Octavia's Hall. If some authors do not have a FimFiction account, then a thread for their stories will be necessary so any reviews done will reach them.

Rule #2: the express purpose of this group is to help build our fan fiction community. In order to do so, adding one's fic to this library will come with a set of responsibilities for those interested in seeing views, ratings, and feedback boosts for their fics. If an author who has fics of his own in our group's library reviews another author's fic, then the latter author will be obligated to read and review one of the former author's fics. Reviews are to be posted in the COMMENTS SECTION ON FIMFICTION FOR ANY FIC REVIEWED, NOT IN THIS THREAD. Positive ratings are not required; we want fics to receive honest feedback, not pandering that is not an accurate view of a fic. If a fic needs work, then do not hesitate to say so in your reviews. On the other hand, if you truly love a fic, then do not hesitate to give it as many positive ratings as you feel it may deserve. Basically, in whatever feedback you give, be sure to give it whatever you believe it deserves (albeit, whether you do or don't like a fic, always remain civil and courteous in your feedback). Finally, those who review somebody's work may request at the end of their review a specific fic of theirs for the author to review, if they wish to do so.

Rule #3: no reviews, comments, or conversations concerning specific fics are to go in this thread. The only thing that members here may post are (1) whatever fics they'd like added to our library, and (2) any questions they may have about our group. If you would like further insight, suggestions, or help concerning feedback on your fic, you may (1) PM whoever reviewed your fic, with their permission of course, or (2) seek assistance in the MLP Forums Writing Centre.

Rule #4: there will be no self-promotion beyond posting whatever fics you would like added to our library.

Rule #5: we will not accept Mature-rated fics. That means NO Clop fics, NO Gore fics, and NO Dark fics that surpass a Teen rating. All fan fictions must adhere to all the forums rules, which includes no excessive violence, gore, or vulgarity, and no sexual themes or imagery. This is to encourage younger readers to feel free to peruse our selection of fan fiction without worrying about stumbling across NSFW content in our library. Fics will be briefly reviewed prior to adding them to our library in order to determine whether or not they are appropriate for our group. Any fan fictions that do not adhere to all forum policies will be acted upon by the staff's discretion.

Rule #6: if an author whose fic is reviewed cannot immediately review their reviewer's fic in turn, kindly inform them so that they do not believe they are being cheated. However, please remain committed to reading and reviewing your reviewer's fic at some point down the road, even if it isn't possible to do so in the immediate future. In order for this group to work, authors must remain committed to their responsibilities that come with having their fics added to our library. Repeat offenders who consistently do not give reviews in return for reviews, if reported, will have their fics removed from our library.

Rule #7: you give what you get. If a review is short and simple, then you will be obligated to only give a short and simple review in return. Likewise, if a review is in depth and very complete, you will be obligated to give a lengthy review of your own. While it is not required that reviews follow any set template, we will provide a guideline to a well organized reviewing template that authors should feel free to utilize in their reviews, kindly borrowed from the FimFiction Authors Helping Authors group.

Suggested Reviewing Template

This review is brought to you on behalf of the group: MLP Forums Authors Helping Authors

Name of Story: Eg. Inky Jay's Awesome Adventure in Equestria

Grammar score out of 10 (1 is grammar that needs to be worked upon as basic principles such as capitalization and spelling is an issue, and 10 is impeccable): Example: 8

Pros (list three pros)

Example: Its premise was a delightful spin on the Human in Equestria genre.

The OC is energetically developed.

It was hilarious.

Cons (list three cons)

Example: You have some issues with advanced grammar and capitalization

You tend to get wordy at times.

I thought Twilight was slightly out of character when she went crazy

Notes Section (how you can improve your fic, at the very least an elaboration of Pros and Cons section)

Example: I think you may want to try to give more reason for Twilight's descent into stress mode. Possibly try to involve Inky Jay a little more. I like how wordy you get, but sometimes a simple sentence shall suffice in certain situations, such as the romantic scene between Inky and Rainbow Dash. As for the advanced grammar and capitalization, I would be happy to point them out in a private message and would recommend you to a proofreader for future reference.

Enjoy your review! Please help me out by looking at my story/ this story: Example: Vren55 in Canterlot.

Rule #8: please do not post links to recommended fics that you did not write. If fics are added to our library that were not written by any members of our group, then others may write reviews for fics written by authors under no obligation to give reviews in turn.

Well, that's it for the rules! I'd like to give special thanks to my partner in crime in this endeavor, HarmoniousWhovian! She and I collaborated together to put this idea into action, and I thank her for all of her help and support. I would also like to thank SkyBound for all his help in getting this thread set up and ensuring that we'd covered all our corners. Post your stories MLP Forums fan fiction writers, and we will get them added to our library as soon as possible. For those of you who are just readers, feel free to utilize our library as well and, if you so desire, leave feedback and reviews in the comments sections of stories you find. Most importantly of all, whether you are readers or writers, have fun! Again, our first and foremost hope is that this group may help our members meet others with similar interests in fan fiction who may not only provide valuable feedback for your fics, but also potentially become good friends down the road. We hope that you all find this group to be a valuable resource, and look forward to seeing all the fics you'd like added.

MAJOR UPDATE, PLEASE READ!!!

Hello everypony!  In case you're wondering where the library has gone, well, we've been having some technical difficulties lately in this thread.  Sadly, we're no longer able to store the entirety of this group's library in a single post, and any other solutions that involve threads on the forums themselves are simply too much trouble to be bothered with.  That's not to say that this group is being disbanded, no no, far from it.  Instead, we're simply going to meld it into Poniverse's bustling group on FimFiction, so if you're not a member of that group already, go on and join up right now!  It'll be a lot easier from now on to have your fics submitted, since once you're a member of the group you can just add it to the group yourself, in the appropriate folder of course.  On top of that, with only one group to manage, I'll be able to more easily organize events such as contests or fic features, etc.  I apologize again for this, but I think it'll be for the best in the long run.  If you have any questions, feel free to still leave them here in this thread, by all means, or to contact me via PM.

To join the new group (if you haven't joined it already), just follow the link below:

Poniverse Official FimFiction Group

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 15

I think I like this idea, I published my first ever fic on fimfiction a while back. It is a comedy called Rarity Gets Cockroaches which is as the title suggests a story where Rarity gets a cockroach infestation. The story was inspired by a cockroach infestation I got at my house last year thanks to my rather messy and inconsiderate neighbors. The first chapter has been up for quite some time and I think it is quite a good start. A friend of mine offered to help my proofread it and it is not that he dosen't do a good job (my punctuation is really not the best) but that circumstances kind of make him not as available as would be desirable. He is looking over the 2nd chapter and hopefully once that is done and I make more fixes it should be up sometime within the next couple of days. Without spoiling too much Rarity meets her new neighbors and they aren't exactly who she was expecting.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/114630/rarity-gets-cockroaches/

• Brohoof 3

I think I like this idea, I published my first ever fic on fimfiction a while back. It is a comedy called Rarity Gets Cockroaches which is as the title suggests a story where Rarity gets a cockroach infestation. The story was inspired by a cockroach infestation I got at my house last year thanks to my rather messy and inconsiderate neighbors. The first chapter has been up for quite some time and I think it is quite a good start. A friend of mine offered to help my proofread it and it is not that he dosen't do a good job (my punctuation is really not the best) but that circumstances kind of make him not as available as would be desirable. He is looking over the 2nd chapter and hopefully once that is done and I make more fixes it should be up sometime within the next couple of days. Without spoiling too much Rarity meets her new neighbors and they aren't exactly who she was expecting.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/114630/rarity-gets-cockroaches/

Okay, I'm in. At the moment I've only got the one fic right now: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/86155/doctor-whooves-and-the-terror-of-tartaurus

Which I assume would be tagged as 'Crossover' in this system. I am working on more, but I'm having trouble concentrating on them.

Done and done! :D  Congratulations you two, you are both the first ever writers to join the "MLP Forums Authors Helping Authors Group" and have your work posted in MLP Forums first ever fan fiction library!  I will try to get around to getting reviews up for both of your fics as soon as possible in your comment sections on FimFiction.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Done and done! :D  Congratulations you two, you are both the first ever writers to join the "MLP Forums Authors Helping Authors Group" and have your work posted in MLP Forums first ever fan fiction library!  I will try to get around to getting reviews up for both of your fics as soon as possible in your comment sections on FimFiction.  :)

Uhhhhh... Wait, wait. Check me on this. Batbrony, who is known for writing reviews for episodes... reviews that routinely are *longer than my fic is in total*, is gonna write something on my fic.

And then I'm required by group etiquette to review something of his, with at least a reasonable attempt to get close in length.

I'm doomed, aren't I?

:)

Okay, I guess I better get concentrated and stop procrastinating on stuff. :)

• Brohoof 1

Uhhhhh... Wait, wait. Check me on this. Batbrony, who is known for writing reviews for episodes... reviews that routinely are *longer than my fic is in total*, is gonna write something on my fic.

And then I'm required by group etiquette to review something of his, with at least a reasonable attempt to get close in length.

I'm doomed, aren't I?

:)

Okay, I guess I better get concentrated and stop procrastinating on stuff. :)

:lol: Yes, yes you are.  Oh, I'm just kidding.  Believe it or not, my fic reviews aren't all that long, especially when I follow that template we provided, so don't worry, I'm not gonna churn out something comparable to my episode reviews, I can tell you that much!  ^_^  That'd just be cruel.  :derp:

I would like my fic Fallout: Equestria - Memories of a Caravaneer added to the list. As you can tell, it's an F O: E side story focusing on my OC as he ventures throughout Southern Equestria, looking for answers amid political wars and anarchy. It does have slight gore, but it's T rated.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would like my fic Fallout: Equestria - Memories of a Caravaneer added to the list. As you can tell, it's an F O: E side story focusing on my OC as he ventures throughout Southern Equestria, looking for answers amid political wars and anarchy. It does have slight gore, but it's T rated.

Right then, leave a link, we'll get it put in.

Oh, by the way, I feel I should introduce myself. I work in the background, cataloging stories and making them easy to post. About 50% of the time posting a story request will get you a PM from me and a message confirming your information and submission. I have 2 stories in the adventure section, Twilight's Secret and a new age if you want to check them out. I'm proud to be working with everypony.

Edited by HarmoniousWhovian
  • Brohoof 1

Welcome to the group Renegade, and thank you for joining!  Your fic's information has been posted in our library, and is, as a side note, our group's first Fallout Equestria story to be added (yay!  :yay:).  Hope you enjoy your time here!!!  :muffins:

Hey! This is a really awesome idea you have here! I totally support it. ^^

Why not send @Feld0 a message and see if you can put the "Official" label on it? :)

• Brohoof 1

Hey! This is a really awesome idea you have here! I totally support it. ^^

Why not send @Feld0 a message and see if you can put the "Official" label on it? :)

Well, we already went through three different moderators/admins, including DashForever, Artemis, and SkyBound (the latter of whom pretty much runs Octavia's Hall) in getting this thread put together and pinned, so I'm pretty sure it's official at this point, but at the same time getting Feld0's blessing certainly couldn't hurt, I suppose.  I'll have to contemplate your suggestion today while I'm at work; thanks for the suggestion and support, and glad you like the concept of our group!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

I am looking for someone to create a cover art for me. They will be credited. I don't want to put my synopsis on this thread for the sake of secrecy. But if you want to partake, let me know. It's rated teen.

I am looking for someone to create a cover art for me. They will be credited. I don't want to put my synopsis on this thread for the sake of secrecy. But if you want to partake, let me know. It's rated teen.

Hello Markz0ne!  Very happy to see that you're looking into our group, but just so you know, this is not a cover art request thread.  If you'd like, I'd be happy to post your fic's information in our library, and you can make a general request that people review your fic, but if you'd like to get some cover art made, you'll probably have better luck creating a thread of your own in Creative Resources.  Hope this helps!  :muffins:

Hello Markz0ne!  Very happy to see that you're looking into our group, but just so you know, this is not a cover art request thread.  If you'd like, I'd be happy to post your fic's information in our library, and you can make a general request that people review your fic, but if you'd like to get some cover art made, you'll probably have better luck creating a thread of your own in Creative Resources.  Hope this helps!  :muffins:

Reclaim The Perfect Day, A Queen's Revenge synopsis.

This story is an alternate universe. It takes place immediately after the season 4 finale. It has been 1 year since Queen Chrysalis and her changeling army were defeated by Cadence and Shining Armor. Chrysalis also suffered a brutal defeat again at the hooves of an angry Twilight Sparkle, when the mane 6 rescued the Cutie Mark Crusaders from the changeling regime.

What has Chrysalis been up to? She has actually never been defeated. The Queen always has a fail safe for when things go wrong. Before Chrysalis even imprisoned Cadence and took her place at the Canterlot Wedding. She sent her elite forces out to spy on the ponies. These elite soldiers would study the behavior of the ponies and would eventually replace them as Equestrian citizens. The ponies would be sent back to the changleing hive for food and slave labor.

Many ponies in Equestria cannot be trusted. Apple Jack is the only member of the Mane 6 to notice strange behavior in Ponyville. It eventually leads to Apple Jack stumbling into an investigation of her own to find out what happened to her real fellow ponies.

Twilight and the rest of her friends are relaxing in the Castle of Friendship after barely winning in the fight against Tirek. All seems good in Equestria for those who are unaware of the danger at hand. Chrysalis has her eyes set out on Tirek and has special plans for him. Could this be an alliance? What will Apple Jack do about the bizzare activity in Ponyville?

Let's hope our ponies can stop Chrysalis and her psyop troops

I am working on the first chapter carefully. Because I want people to get hooked.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have a few fanfictions, they are one Wattpad, so I'll post all of them at the same time, here is the link http://www.wattpad.com/user/LunaFlower226 oh and not all of them is MLP, but it says which one is which.

Welcome to the group LunaFlower226!  I've gone ahead and added all of your pony fiction to the Library, under the Romance, Sad, and Slice of Life tags.  Hope some people take a look at your stories and that you in turn find some good stories here of your own!  :muffins:

(edited)

Welcome to the group LunaFlower226! I've gone ahead and added all of your pony fiction to the Library, under the Romance, Sad, and Slice of Life tags. Hope some people take a look at your stories and that you in turn find some good stories here of your own! :muffins:

Ok thanks, it seams lots of people already read When the Magic Died already, that surised me a lot.

Edited by LunaFlower226

The header says you can add your own fics? How would somepony go about doing that? 

This weekend I'm revising a chapter of my pony novel, would I be able to add what I got once I finish revising? I would sure love more ponies to read it! :D 

• Brohoof 1

The header says you can add your own fics? How would somepony go about doing that? 

This weekend I'm revising a chapter of my pony novel, would I be able to add what I got once I finish revising? I would sure love more ponies to read it! :D

But of course!  As is outlined in the group rules, all you have to do is post the link, and I'll add the fic (along with some information about it) into the group library in the OP.  Also, kindly let us know when you post the link what category you'd like it listed under.  Hope your revisions go well!  :muffins: