Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The Poniverse Authors Helping Authors Group

Batbrony

But of course!  As is outlined in the group rules, all you have to do is post the link, and I'll add the fic (along with some information about it) into the group library in the OP.  Also, kindly let us know when you post the link what category you'd like it listed under.  Hope your revisions go well!  :muffins:

Oh wow, it's really that easy? Awesome! Now I've got some extra motivation for my revisions!  B)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh wow, it's really that easy? Awesome! Now I've got some extra motivation for my revisions!  B)

Excellent, glad to hear it!  And once it's added, if you get to reviewing other authors' fics in our library, they'll be obligated to read and review your fic as well (at their own leisure of course, and also this is all in the rules if you want more details).  But yup, it really is that easy.  So edit away my fellow fic-writer!  :squee:

Edited by Batbrony

Heres my fic im Currently still writing enjoy! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10389003/1/Sonic-and-Rainbow-Dash-The-Adventure-of-a-Lifetime Summary Sonic has Lost Amy His Long time friend and her loss plagues him Heavily where will he where will he go on from their? all questions will be answered in Magical Land Called Equestria Where he Will meet a certain Cyan Pegasus that will steal his heart also first fanfic GO EASY ON ME! note i tweaked chapter 1 a little so it should be easier to read

• Brohoof 1

Heres my fic im Currently still writing enjoy! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10389003/1/Sonic-and-Rainbow-Dash-The-Adventure-of-a-Lifetime Summary Sonic has Lost Amy His Long time friend and her loss plagues him Heavily where will he where will he go on from their? all questions will be answered in Magical Land Called Equestria Where he Will meet a certain Cyan Pegasus that will steal his heart also first fanfic GO EASY ON ME! note i tweaked chapter 1 a little so it should be easier to read

I'll be sure to add it to our Crossover section right away!  :)

Holy derp this is exciting! I love fanfic libraries, ee!

Here's my only really completed one: http://ponyuniverse.deviantart.com/art/Fall-of-the-Alicorn-448202866

There's also one I'm currently working on the revamp of, so you can't really see a lot of it. But it'll be slowly updated. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/163325/into-the-night

Very good!  Feel free to post a link to the one you're updating once the updates are completed.  :D

• Brohoof 1

When i watched the Cantelot wedding i couldn't help but notice how similar Queen Chrysalis in in a way to Cadence. They have the same theme although they are the complete opposite of each other. In a fit of insomnia driven-writting i decided to write a dark kind of fic where Cadence is revealed to be the split part of Chrysalis' soul. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/192819/precious-soul-of-mine

• Brohoof 2

When i watched the Cantelot wedding i couldn't help but notice how similar Queen Chrysalis in in a way to Cadence. They have the same theme although they are the complete opposite of each other. In a fit of insomnia driven-writting i decided to write a dark kind of fic where Cadence is revealed to be the split part of Chrysalis' soul. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/192819/precious-soul-of-mine

Well now, that sounds very interesting indeed, I'll get it added to the library right away!

So, i do have a question, I get the idea of having nothing too dark and gory on this, but will there ever be an area for GrimDark writers to do on this, I really do like this idea and probably will use it, but some of my favorite work is grimdark work.

Well, as you can see in the OP itself, we do have a "Dark" section for works of that nature.  I'm not entirely sure what you mean by GrimDark since you admitted that you understand that we can't have anything too dark or gory, so if you could clarify your understanding/idea of appropriate GrimDark, that'd be great.  As for what I think would be appropriate, I'd say that anything that's really not too explicit would work.  You could have all manner of dark fics in our Dark section so long as they didn't go into super graphic detail of anything implied.  I think subjects that I would continue to strongly reject, no matter how tame they were, would be foalcon, clop, slasher fics, things of that nature.  But psychological thrillers/horror stories with a touch of subtlety (if that's what you consider to be GrimDark) would be fair game.  Heck, even though I'd probably consider this to be more Adventure or Action than Dark, some sort of fic involving, say, a war of some sort in which there's much suffering from both soldiers and civilians alike, that would be fine, even if there's plenty of terrible things going on, so long as it wasn't too graphic.  I hope that helps answer your question, and I also hope that you'll be able to add some of the fics you have in mind.  :)

Well now, that sounds very interesting indeed, I'll get it added to the library right away!

Well, as you can see in the OP itself, we do have a "Dark" section for works of that nature.  I'm not entirely sure what you mean by GrimDark since you admitted that you understand that we can't have anything too dark or gory, so if you could clarify your understanding/idea of appropriate GrimDark, that'd be great.  As for what I think would be appropriate, I'd say that anything that's really not too explicit would work.  You could have all manner of dark fics in our Dark section so long as they didn't go into super graphic detail of anything implied.  I think subjects that I would continue to strongly reject, no matter how tame they were, would be foalcon, clop, slasher fics, things of that nature.  But psychological thrillers/horror stories with a touch of subtlety (if that's what you consider to be GrimDark) would be fair game.  Heck, even though I'd probably consider this to be more Adventure or Action than Dark, some sort of fic involving, say, a war of some sort in which there's much suffering from both soldiers and civilians alike, that would be fine, even if there's plenty of terrible things going on, so long as it wasn't too graphic.  I hope that helps answer your question, and I also hope that you'll be able to add some of the fics you have in mind.  :)

When I say Grimdark I mean things along the lines of Cherilees Garden if you have ever read that, but the clearing up onf the Psycholigical thrillers would also be along my style too, anywways thanks for the clearing up!

• Brohoof 1

When I say Grimdark I mean things along the lines of Cherilees Garden if you have ever read that, but the clearing up onf the Psycholigical thrillers would also be along my style too, anywways thanks for the clearing up!

No problem!  And yeah, we probably wouldn't want something like Cheerilee's Garden or Rainbow Factory (neither of which I've read but I know the general gist about them), but yeah, thrillers, suspenseful fics, even horror stories that aren't that graphic or explicit, go for it!  :)

How can i help here? Also could you give me an opinion on if i should continue this kind of fic in a sequel or stuff?

Excellent, glad to hear it!  And once it's added, if you get to reviewing other authors' fics in our library, they'll be obligated to read and review your fic as well (at their own leisure of course, and also this is all in the rules if you want more details).  But yup, it really is that easy.  So edit away my fellow fic-writer!  :squee:

Okies, I'm done with my revisions! Can you please add my story to the tragedy section? I know it's marked as Dark and Sad, but it's more of a sad tragedy. :)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/99781-our-day-in-disdain-by-rainb0w-dashie/

Thanks a bunch!  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

How can i help here? Also could you give me an opinion on if i should continue this kind of fic in a sequel or stuff?

Could you clarify what you mean by "help", I'm just a little confused by what you're asking to help with?  Also, as for the fic itself, that's really up to your own discretion whether you want to carry it on in a sequel.  This place is really just a library for fanfictions and serves as an easy way for authors here to store their own work in a central hub and find other authors' works in said hub.  If you like, I could read and review your fic for you, and offer a more informed opinion there as to whether or not you might want to continue the story in a sequel.  Let me know if you'd like me to do that.  :)

Okies, I'm done with my revisions! Can you please add my story to the tragedy section? I know it's marked as Dark and Sad, but it's more of a sad tragedy. :)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/99781-our-day-in-disdain-by-rainb0w-dashie/

Thanks a bunch!  ^_^

But of course, happy to do it!  :D

Could you clarify what you mean by "help", I'm just a little confused by what you're asking to help with? Also, as for the fic itself, that's really up to your own discretion whether you want to carry it on in a sequel. This place is really just a library for fanfictions and serves as an easy way for authors here to store their own work in a central hub and find other authors' works in said hub. If you like, I could read and review your fic for you, and offer a more informed opinion there as to whether or not you might want to continue the story in a sequel. Let me know if you'd like me to do that. :)

But of course, happy to do it! :D

Well i could aid people in like express opinion on fics give some ideas... Dunno something like that was mentioned first post.

In any case you could go ahead and review it but i would like you to bear 3 things in mind. 1)This fic was written in around three hours in a spur of the moment obsession driven insomnia 2)I try the best i can but my english doesn't seem to be enough as far as vocabulary diversity goes... Guess being greek doesn't help 3)I had no editor to actually help me correcting these so some grammar/syntax mistakes might exist that the online spellchecker missed.

• Brohoof 1

Well i could aid people in like express opinion on fics give some ideas... Dunno something like that was mentioned first post.

In any case you could go ahead and review it but i would like you to bear 3 things in mind. 1)This fic was written in around three hours in a spur of the moment obsession driven insomnia 2)I try the best i can but my english doesn't seem to be enough as far as vocabulary diversity goes... Guess being greek doesn't help 3)I had no editor to actually help me correcting these so some grammar/syntax mistakes might exist that the online spellchecker missed.

Yeah, if you want to read and review peoples' fics on their fic pages in the comments section that'd be great, but also that's your choice to make.  Again, this isn't a review thread, nor is it a place to post reviews or editing tips for others.  All we do here is collect stories so that authors can find them easily.

And sure, I'll get around to reading yours when I get the time.  And don't worry, seems to me you have a good enough command of English.  :)

Huh, this idea has promise, and I do love to get feedback, but the only issue I have is that I don't have as much time as I'd like to review other writers. I do love helping people out with proofing and stuff, but I just don't have that much free time anymore.

I'm still happy to try if you'd think it'd be good and all.

• Brohoof 1

Huh, this idea has promise, and I do love to get feedback, but the only issue I have is that I don't have as much time as I'd like to review other writers. I do love helping people out with proofing and stuff, but I just don't have that much free time anymore.

I'm still happy to try if you'd think it'd be good and all.

I totally get where you're coming from CTTS, I have to be quite selective about fics that I read and review as well.  If you add any of your fics, you will not be obligated to review unless (1) somebody reads and reviews your fic, or (2) you yourself decide to read and review a fic, so there is plenty of room for your own discretion and being selective, believe me.  Up to you, but we would be happy to have ya, and if you ever are short on time and obligated to review after someone reviews one of your fics, don't worry about it, just get around to it whenever you can.

This sounds like a great idea! Can you add a few of my stories please? :3

"The Elements of Disharmony: Necessary Corruption" [Dark] [Adventure] link to MLPF thread

"Garden of Shadows" [Dark] [Adventure] link to MLPF thread

I have a synopsis and all the other stuff for each on its respective FIMFiction and MLPForums page.

Thank you! ^_^

On it my friend, glad you could join us!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

I totally get where you're coming from CTTS, I have to be quite selective about fics that I read and review as well.  If you add any of your fics, you will not be obligated to review unless (1) somebody reads and reviews your fic, or (2) you yourself decide to read and review a fic, so there is plenty of room for your own discretion and being selective, believe me.  Up to you, but we would be happy to have ya, and if you ever are short on time and obligated to review after someone reviews one of your fics, don't worry about it, just get around to it whenever you can.

Fantastic. One more question, if you don't mind me asking, is there a limit to how many stories we can submit?

• Brohoof 1

Fantastic. One more question, if you don't mind me asking, is there a limit to how many stories we can submit?

Nope, fire away.  Submit as many of your own stories as you wish to buddy.  :)

• Brohoof 1