Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The Poniverse Authors Helping Authors Group

Batbrony

So, how do you guys deal with writers block? Any tips/tricks? 

Hello Dave ^^

Overcoming writer's block is ultimately about overcoming your inner editor. This inner critic tends to squelch creative freedom by scrutinizing everything through a narrow and impenetrable filter called perfection. In other words...you're creatively constipated. It happens to everyone. :lol: My advice would be to try timed free writing. Set a time for about 10 minutes and write as fast as you can until the time runs out. Don't think about what you're writing -- just write. Putting yourself under a strict time limit floods your brain with more information than your inner editor can process. Plus, it gets the proverbial wheels turning in the imagination station -- which you can further look into. You can do these timed sessions back to back, but often times one session is enough to get the ball rolling. I hope this helps. :squee:

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

Hello Dave ^^

Overcoming writer's block is ultimately about overcoming your inner editor. This inner critic tends to squelch creative freedom by scrutinizing everything through a narrow and impenetrable filter called perfection. In other words...you're creatively constipated. It happens to everyone. :lol: My advice would be to try timed free writing. Set a time for about 10 minutes and write as fast as you can until the time runs out. Don't think about what you're writing -- just write. Putting yourself under a strict time limit floods your brain with more information than your inner editor can process. Plus, it gets the proverbial wheels turning in the imagination station -- which you can further look into. You can do these timed sessions back to back, but often times one session is enough to get the ball rolling. I hope this helps. :squee:

Actually just contemplating this idea started making the gears in my head start turning. That...that's really gonna help! Thanks! I'm kinda excited to try this now! Thanks! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I have a fanfic up and I'm wondering if anyone would mind giving it a look over? It's my first fanfic on this site, but any comment or review would be helpful. My story is called Rapid Wind and thus far one chapter has been written.

• 1 month later...

So I'm getting the idea for a fan project off the ground. I'm still just stuck with a few concepts so I'd like a few other writers to bounce ideas off of and get something more solid.

Hi again. I would like to know more about joining this FimFiction community as I aspire to write fanfics. Mostly because I feel I need an outlet for my imagination, but maybe for more. Rapid Wind.

• 5 months later...

I don't know about posting anything to the fimfic group since most of my older stuff is dead (lost the will to write shortly after the gauntlet of fire) and about a male mary sue (which only exists because of crap from my past causing mental issues (hence why he's so op'd and willing to martyr at the slightest chance)) and the new one(see below) is barely started.

I've started a new fic about a new character (4:30 am random writers block breaking inspired) I hope to keep in line (one ability with many uses and variations, rather than many powers and abilities), and I'm looking to getting it proofed if that's still a thing in this thread. 

• 1 month later...

This is my own book I made!

https://www.wattpad.com/248982720-the-mysterious-necklace-my-adventure-but-first

If anyone would give it a read that would be great! I would love review. Its a finished books so I cannot edit it.

When you finish the first one here is the second one!

https://www.wattpad.com/317447194-the-mysterous-necklace-book-2-new-problems-and-new

I would love advice on this one! I can edit this one