Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

CKEditor Constantly Crashing.

Legacy Dash

Hello.

Recently CKEditor (for those that might be unaware, the editor that IP.Board uses) keeps crashing.

It does it both in quick reply, full reply, and when posting topics (in fact it happened when I tried to post this topic).

Basically the editor disappears and a bunch of errors are printed out to the Javascript console.

I've found I can just refresh the page to fix the bug, but it's really annoying.

Here is a screenshot of the Javascript debug window and the editor once it's crashed.

SJfVzqM.png

When the editor successfully loads, no error messages are displayed in the console.

Thanks, mitchfizz05.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've notified the technical administrators about this.

You're using Chrome, right? That's the browser I'm using, but when I open up the JavaScript console I'm not seeing any errors like that.

Mitch, does this occur if you disable all your add-ons, clear your cache, and hard-refresh the page?

The editor works fine for me, and there have been no recent technical changes to MLP Forums that could cause this - if it just "spontaneously" began, the issue is very likely on your end somewhere.

• Brohoof 3

Apologies for not replying, I currently have limited access to Internet.

I did try a hard refresh. It also crashed in Firefox (which had no plugins installed).

Since I'm on my iPod, I can't test anything yet.

Again, sorry for the late reply.

• Brohoof 2

Apologies for not replying, I currently have limited access to Internet. I did try a hard refresh. It also crashed in Firefox (which had no plugins installed). Since I'm on my iPod, I can't test anything yet. Again, sorry for the late reply.

Thats fine, just tell us the results when you're able to test it next and we can see if we can get this fixed for you.
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.