Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to the canon death of a character?

Nah

I'd be pissed, you just don't develop a character for months just to kill them off later, that's just lazy story telling.

Maes Hughes. L. Almost everyone in Dragonball Z. Almost everyone in The Dark Tower. It's a good plot device when used correctly.

Even so, it won't happen in ponies, but if it did, I'm sure I'd be really, really sad about it.

Twilight: BUT SHE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER! WHYYYY? (And my fave pony.)

Rainbow Dash: Well, she has been getting hurt a lot.

Pinkie Pie: NO MORE HAPPINESS. DUN DUN DUN.

Fluttershy: Well. RIP. With animals.

Rarity: ...Meh. I wonder how Sweetie Belle would react.

Applejack: NOOOOOO, SHE'S NEEDED IN THE APPLE FAMILY.

What I would worry about the most is how the other characters will think of the death. They're not going to be happy best friends anymore since they're still reminded of the gone member. That and the Elements of Harmony. What happens then?

• Brohoof 1

I think the concept of death is a little too much for a children's character, but they may play with the concept of loss.

So I guess I'd be shocked, and in all honesty if they killed off Rarity I'd probably stop watching.

~

I'd be pissed, you just don't develop a character for months just to kill them off later, that's just lazy story telling.

Neverwatchedanime.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

If a character did get killed at some point, it would just be way too depressing for a show like this. Seriously, I don't think I'd be able to look at FiM the same way again.

But don't worry. I've read the storyboards for Season 3, and I PROMISE you. Nothing bad is going to happen to any of the characters.

Brony Mario's reaction to the Season 3 storyboards:

post-362-0-02985500-1333001968.jpg

So yeah. Nothing bad is going to happen.

Edited by SBaby

If one of the main 6 died then Equestria would be screwed since they would no longer have a connection with the elements of harmony

then Discord would be free, Celestia will get angry but be powerless, Luna might turn back into Nightmare moon and we would see many

animation errors if they did it as a closing for MLP forever...

• Brohoof 1

Maes Hughes. L. Almost everyone in Dragonball Z. Almost everyone in The Dark Tower. It's a good plot device when used correctly.

Even so, it won't happen in ponies, but if it did, I'm sure I'd be really, really sad about it.

Neverwatchedanime.jpeg

Eh, I suppose that cartoons along with anime are a bad example. That's the main reason why I can't stand most anime and it's shody storylines.

Eh, I suppose that cartoons along with anime are a bad example. That's the main reason why I can't stand most anime and it's shody storylines.

I'll agree that I don't like the constant death and reviving that there is in DBZ;

but I've seen a few animes where the death of a major character was extremely well done, heart touching, and sold the show to me completely.

~

• Brohoof 3

I'll agree that I don't like the constant death and reviving that there is in DBZ;

but I've seen a few animes where the death of a major character was extremely well done, heart touching, and sold the show to me completely.

~

I'll give you that one if not because Black Lagoon has one of the best death scenes I have ever seen.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

I'll give you that one if not because Black Lagoon has one of the best death scenes I have ever seen.

Black lagoon is awesome, but one of the best deaths in anime...Tengen toppa gurren lagann.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

Well, anime is like any other form of animation (or media in general... or stuff in general in general). 90% of is best described as "stuff you don't want to step in", but the best examples of the genre can be ridiculously awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That said, I have to reiterate. Maes Hughes.

Yeah I remember that,. Tbh, one of the saddest animes ever made is Wolf´s rain, teared up a few times watching that...I dont mind sad moments or death, but come on..

• Brohoof 1

Also, I can't believe no one's brought this up. Only one of the best anime's ever made.

If you say this scene didn't give you feels, I won't believe you.

Edited by Crispy

I would be cool with it.. As long as it's done to add drama and drive storyline in the show, I would get completely on board with their killing a character. Read any Stephen King book to understand death done effectively, he's a genius when it comes to killing people off.

Utter disbelief.

Pretty much sums up my reaction. A show like MLP having a main character die is like... well most grimdark fanfics, another words completely unrealistic.

twilight: " majik would bring her back right?"

AJ: " what!! no!! whos gonna run the apple fields!?!? big mac cant do it all on his own!!

Fluttershy:" YOU BASTERDS!!"

Pinkiepie: she never dies

Rarity: " aww.... thats sad"

Rainbow dash: " Noooooo!!!!" EVERYTHING I LIVE FOR IS WORTHLESS!!!" ragequit

Derpy Hooves: ' goes to hasbro with an army of ninja robots and destroys it so it can never commit such a horrific crime again!! ragequit and become a hermit living on a boat, drawing pictures of derpy in her memory. then return 20 years later and bring the show back on the air, but derpy would talk in every...single...episode!!!!

I couldn't see the show killing any character off except maybe Granny Smith. Or if they had a huge timeskip for some reason where every character currently alive has passed away because of old age and they want a new mane 6 or something... but even that is highly improbable.

So, you see, they killed off one of the mane six.

And then, I went to South America in search of as many snakes and spiders as I could find.

And then, I caged the spiders, bagged the snakes, and flew back to America.

And then, I found Hasbro's HQ, and released a ton of snakes in it.

And then, I found Studio B and threw the box of spiders and multiple snakes at the people there.

And then, Celestia brought the ponies back to life and erased everything that happened.

Death of a main character is something I do think is often good in a story, to defy convention. But for MLP it isn't exactly right...firstly, it would just make no sense considering the normal tone of the show. It is so strange to think about that I can't really do so...after all, Hasbro would NEVER let Studio B kill off a main character, making that character's toys unwanted (at least by the show's conventional audience).

No matter who died, I'd be quite terribly depressed, although if it was pulled off well I'd have a higher opinion of the show than I have now.

Fluttershy- Why. WHY. WHY!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rainbow Dash- Depends on if she went down in a blaze of glory.

Rarity- What will happen to spike!

Twilight Sparkle- SHE NEVER DESERVED THIS!

Pinkie Pie- I will never smile again.

Applejack- Poor Applebloom!

Princess Luna- By the darkness of night there will be vengeance!!!

Spike- Have you seen my good friend spike....only the good die young.

Discord- I give him ten seconds before, yep, faker!