Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to the canon death of a character?

Nah

I don't think they'll do it because I don't think they want to show the little kids watching this show that their favorite character has died.I can guarantee there will be no deaths in MLP.Even Discord doesn't die he just get's turned into stone.

• Brohoof 1

they would no longer have a connection with the elements of harmony then Discord would be free

Unless someone else releases Discord... someone worse...

I couldn't really see any of the characters dying though. I mean, this is a little kid's show. Death never happens in a little kid's show.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BNFNeGxsvg

Ohhhhh.... Ahhhh... Um.... Forgot about that...

Edited by SBaby

When Celestia first turned Discord to stone, did anyone wonder why she kept his statue in her garden? I mean, that thing was the sealed spirit of chaos and it wasn't a particularly a pretty looking statue to begin with.

Twilight: *gasp* No!!!

Rainbow Dash: *sniff* the show just got 20% uncooler in 10 seconds flat...

Pinkie Pie: What the hell? The show seriously just lost like 70% of its joy and cheer

Rarity: Uh... what? Why?

Applejack: NOOOO!!! NOT APPLEJACK!!! SCREW YOU HASBRO!!! *cry uncontrollably*

Fluttershy: *no words... silent tears*

Twilight: *gasp* No!!!

Rainbow Dash: *sniff* the show just got 20% uncooler in 10 seconds flat...

Pinkie Pie: What the hell? The show seriously just lost like 70% of its joy and cheer

Rarity: Uh... what? Why?

Applejack: NOOOO!!! NOT APPLEJACK!!! SCREW YOU HASBRO!!! *cry uncontrollably*

Fluttershy: *no words... silent tears*

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle: No, not Twilight!

Applejack: Crap! This sucks!

Fluttershy: NOOOOOOOO! WHHHYYYY?!

Rainbow Dash: WHY?! WHY'D YOU DO THIS?!

Pinkie Pie: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Rarity: Are you kidding me?

But I'd doubt anyone in the series will die (at least no one in the mane 6).

Edited by IowaBrony

The only way i could see this canonically happening is perhaps with Granny Smith...although it would be a sad happening...it could also teach us that things like this happen in real life...AJ and BigMac would definately have to take on some more rigorous responsiblities, which goes hoof in hoof with deaths in real life...extra responsiblities are forced on others in the time of their mourning

Won't happen, shouldn't happen. If you wanna see the closest thing to a season "cannon" death of the mane 6, read Fallout Equestria. The 6's deaths make sense in context.

Any of the mane 6 or CMC dying would probably cause me to cry but like in a manly way (y'know uncontrollably and for extended periods of time while yelling "No! Why Hasbro why!") a speaking or recurring background character would probably force me to take a moment to compose myself so I wouldn't do the first thing I mentioned (The manly crying and all that). Granny Smith or a nameless background character dying of old age provided that their death was the focus of the episode would be somber but I wouldn't be too bothered, just sad. I don't think Anypony dying during the show of any cause other than age sees like something that could happen in the universe that the writers have created, Equestria is just not a place where ponies get killed and having a pony die would go against the expectations and characterization of the universe that the writers have chosen to place the ponies in and cause me to question the integrity of the canon and would destroy my headcanon causing me to question my opinion of the show.

I have pondered this question for months, how would you react if a character died in the show? Doesn't matter who, if its off-screen or on-screen, background character, mane 6, Celestia, Luna, etc. Here are my reactions to different characters if they died: Twilight- oh my, she's dead. RainbowDash - Meh, saw it coming, she dies all the time in fanfics Rarity- Meh Applejack - Ah, I liked her, why! Pinkie Pie - Noooooooooo! Fluttershy - Gasp! Why! Tell me please!

Wait...WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Well, i'm not sure how to respond to this one, i mean i would probably react the same way i do when anyone dies in a series or movie.

But i think it is very unlikely that it will actually will happen in the show so i'm not even going to consider it.

Twilight: *falls into a deep semi-suicidal depression never to love again, crying for the rest of my life, praying to the Hasbro gods that they'll somehow bring her back* "WHY TWILIGHT!?!? TAKE ME INSTEAD!!!"

Pinkie pie: "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Rainbow Dash: "Wow...damn...I'll *sniff* miss ya buddy!"

Rarity: "Meh...better of without her anyway"

Fluttershy: *tears silently* "She was so young..."

Applejack: "W-W-W-WHAT?!?!?!"

If any of the mane 6 died A, I would be like WTF? You can't kill stuff it's a kids show and B. why? Why would you do this Hasbro? They were such great characters.....

Anypony else, like background ponies, I don't really know to be honest.

But if one of the mane six did die I would immediately write an angry letter/email to Hasbro complaining that they just killed off something awesome.

They can't kill off any main characters unless it were like the end of the show. And if they did, it would be really just a bad way to end it.....(SEE: MOCKINGJAY BY SUZANNE COLLINS)

But anyways, other than that non-pony reference, it would actually just be the worst decision made. Besides, I don't think I've ever seen a canon death in any other kids' cartoon.....Right?

• 1 year later...

Twilight Sparkle-Meh, she was an alicorn, and overpowered

Rainbow Dash-Ouch. The Dash-ites will not be impressed.

Pinkie Pie-Why? ;_;

Fluttershy-To kill off an innocent creature like Fluttershy...

Applejack-Well now how does the Apple Farm run?

Rarity-D:

Fluttershy: NOOOOOO!

Pinkie Pie:NOOOOOO!

Twilight Sparkle:NOOOOOO!

Rarity: NOOOOOO!

Rainbow Dash:NOOOOOO!

Applejack:NOOOOOO!

Sweetie Belle:NOOOOOO!

Scootaloo:NOOOOOO!

Apple Bloom:NOOOOOO!

Princess Celestia:NOOOOOO!

Shining Armour: NOOOOOO!

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza:NOOOOOO!

Princess Luna:NOOOOOO!

Pipsqueak:NOOOOOO!

Diamond Tiara:NOOOOOO!

Silver Spoon:NOOOOOO!

Twist:NOOOOOO!

Cheerilee:NOOOOOO!

Discord:NOOOOOO!

Nightmare Moon:NOOOOOO!

Queen Chrysalis: NOOOOOO!

Sombra: NOOOO- Wait a minute...

Granny Smith:  NOOOOOO!

Big Mac:NOOOOOO!

Braeburn:NOOOOOO!

Babs Seed:NOOOOOO!

Flim:NOOOOOO!

Flam:NOOOOOO!

Gilda: NOOOOOO!

Trixie:NOOOOOO!

Zecora:NOOOOOO!

Spitfire:NOOOOOO!

Soarin': NOOOOOO!

Mayor Mare: NOOOOOO!

Spike: NOOOOOO!

I would be devasted if any of the characters died. (Sorry if I missed any.)

• Brohoof 3

I'd probably bail on the show.

I get enough 'real life' crap in my real life-I don't need to deal with imaginary characters dying on me as well.

Besides, they won't do it. Can you imagine how the parents of all the little kids that watch would react? Kids don't conceptualize death very well, as a rule. They'll have life beat the holy hell out of them in due course. No need to hasten the process imo.