Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Pokemon Gijinka Academy III: Angel Academy (SOL/Romance/Stuff)

Ampharos

(edited)

RP

After the closing of the Pokemon Gijinka Academy due to various, seemingly random disappearances of important faculty members and administrators, there didn't seem to be another place where gijinkas could properly learn their history and hone their abilities properly. It's been 7 years since it closed down, meaning all the previous students have now graduated at a different school, and in the case of the older students, have gone through college as well. However, only a few years after the closing of the school, a young man decided he would create a new school for these kids, gaining inspiration from wanting his younger adopted brother to learn how to use his skills as a gijinka correctly. This man was a gijinka named Stark Angels, and started Angel Academy for the purpose of gijinka once again having a school to learn and hone their species' skills and abilities. This is the first year that students are being accepted to the school.

Hey there everyone! Jolteon's gotten around to making another role play! It's been kind of a while hasn't it? Anyway, this is a reboot of Nyx Assassin's Gijinka Academy RP, which in turn was a reboot of Breeze's RP. Nyx's ended up doing quite well, despite him leaving the RP himself early on, and I hope this one goes just as well, and better too! There are going to be some differences between this RP and the other RPs, so let's get to them!

1. No legendaries! Seriously, there are 667 other Pokemon you can choose from. You don't need to be a legendary gijinka. While some people did them justice *cough Umbreon cough*, other people's characters literally could have been anything else and it wouldn't have affected their character in the slightest. So... just no legendaries please.

2. No Pokemon moves! Okay that was a bit of a lie. Gijinkas will have abilities relating to their Pokemon half instead of moves. You'll most likely understand after reading the ability section of my character forms. However, it is possible for your character to learn how to use certain Pokemon moves, but only after much hard work and dedication. Think of Pokemon moves as something like magic for gijinkas.

3. Actually there is no #3. Those are the only real differences, aside from some new teachers. Side note, not all of the teachers have disappeared, so if you're a returning player and want to use a teacher from the previous RP, that's totally acceptable.

Rules are good too, right?

1. General rules, i.e. No godmodding, no NSFW stuff, etc.

2. Don't have your character have too many abilities. A good example of abilities would be like my Manectric gijinka character, who has increased speed and agility, and can generate small amounts of electricity. A bad example would be if he could run at super sonic speeds, create gigantic thunderclaps that could destroy people's ears, and generate enough electricity to roast a turkey in 10 seconds flat. Be reasonable guys.

3. There won't be many gijinkas that know Pokemon moves coming into this RP, even upper classmen. I'll only allow you to know straight off the bat if you have a very good reason/explanation.

4. Not really a rule, but I didn't know where else to put this. All student dorms are co-ed, and there are 3 beds in each, but not necessarily 3 students. All Faculty dorms are only made for one person!

5. Have fun! I'll add anymore if I think of anything or if you guys suggest anything.

Here are the forms:

Student:

Name:

Age + Grade:

Pokemon Half:

Abilities:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

Other:

Dorm # (1-10):

Teacher:

Name:

Age + Subject/Club:

Pokemon Half:

Abilities:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

Other:

Dorm # (F1-F15)

My characters!

Stark Angels:

Name: Stark Angels (Mr. Angels)

Age + Subject/Club (For Teachers): 29; Principal

Pokemon Half: Staraptor

Abilities: That ability to use his wings to fly, and slightly abnormal strength, especially for someone of his physique. Can also use various powerful moves, such as Brave Bird, Close Combat, and was even skilled enough to use move that he shouldn't be able to use, although it's really a modified version of another powerful move, but modifying the move that much was a feat in itself.

Appearance: img-2632423-1-Staraptor.jpg

Trench coat doesn't have feather things, and he has large and powerful wings he keeps folded under the trench coat, but not under his shirt. His left eye is a contrasting icy blue while his right eye, which tends to get covered by his hair, is a cold gray.

Personality: For an authority figure, Stark is very laid back and sarcastic. He is very relaxed and talks with students more like friends than pupils. He always there to tell jokes and is very lenient with the kids. However, that doesn't mean that misbehavior always slips him by. While he will let something like some bad language slip him over, he doesn't tolerate things like fights in the slightest, and isn't biased with punishments. But overall, Stark's very happy and friendly, but still strict when it comes to serious offenses.

Backstory: Stark was orphaned at an incredibly young age. He lived a happy life in a nice orphanage, always being optimistic and funny for the younger kids. He was never actually adopted, but once he turned 18, he left to go to a prestigious school. Stark, despite being a bit of a class clown, was very intelligent. After going to school, he decided to adopt an 8 year old gijinka boy as his brother. Stark then pondered what he wanted to do with his life. He began thinking about his abilities as a gijinka, and after learning of the destruction of the only gijinka school around, Stark came up with the brilliant idea of making his own school. It took almost 6 years to get everything taken care of, but now his idea has become a reality.

Other: He has a pet Staraptor named Orion. 

Dorm #: F1

Storm Tonnerre-Angels:

Name: Storm Tonnerre-Angels

Age + Grade (For students): 15; 10th 

Pokemon Half: Manectric

Abilities: Extremely agile and very fast. Can also produce small amounts of electricity. He also knows how to use the move Thunderbolt, thanks to intense training from Stark as soon as he learned to control his normal electrical powers. However, this attack severely drains him.

Appearance:img-2632423-2-Manectric.jpg

He has small claws on his hands and feet. Short for his age.

Personality: Storm is gentle and quiet. He's very nice towards others and friendly to all those he meets. He doesn't talk much unless he feels like he has to, even with close friends. When he does talk, it's generally not much more than a mutter. He's loyal as well, and wouldn't betray someone's trust for any reason. Storm is an all around good fellow with a big heart and a small voice.

Backstory: Storm lived quite a normal life in an orphanage. He was left parentless at the age of four, but only stayed for four until he was adopted as a brother to an up and coming creator of a certain school. Stark Angels didn't actually believe he was fit to be a father, which is why he adopted Storm as a brother. Despite this, Storm thinks of Stark as slightly more of a father figure, even though they're only 14 years apart. He's been living a fairly normal life with Stark up to this point. Storm had decided to keep his previous last name along with Stark's for his own reasons.

Other: He's on the Track Team.

Dorm #: 7

Well I think that's about it! Feel free to tell me if you think I forgot anything!

Accepted Characters:

Dorm 1

-

Dorm 2

-

Dorm 3

-

Dorm 4

-

Dorm 5

-

Dorm 6

-

Dorm 7

Storm Tonnerre-Angels - Me

-

Dorm 8

Adalynn Hansue - Dawn Wing

Fey Lin - XANA

-

Dorm 9

Jared Desjardins - Suitaloo

Mathias - clockwork24

-

Dorm 10

Apisves - Evil Dragon Master

Kage - DJ-BRONI3

Status of my previous characters:

Dustin Neal- Age 23 - Graduated college near the top of his class and is currently studying the affects the Pokemon halves of gijinkas have outside of simple abilities.

Zachary Walters- Age 24- Joined the gijinka branch of the military a year after the school closed down. He's one of the most skilled members in the branch, especially considering his age.

Matthew Turner - Age 22 - Graduated at the top of his class with Dustin, and is now a fairly infamous inventor and mechanic.

Grant Fernmint - Age 31 - Got married to and old human friend of his and has a baby (human) girl. He's still in the teaching business, teaching Latin at a university.

Varrick Rowan - Age 29 - Finally got control of his split personality and is living a happy life with his girlfriend, and teaches mathematics at a human high school.

Edited by Jolteon
  • Brohoof 3

I kinda want to bring back Rune for having him coach fencing and being a history teacher, but I don't know if @NightWing will want to come back and participate again, because Rune and Synthia were pretty much the first OTP to form in the RP, but whatever. In the case that they return, I'll have Rune return.

As for a new character, how about this:

Name: Jared Desjardins

Age + Grade: 16 - Sophomore

Pokemon Half: Roselia

Abilities: Can subtly influence the growth of plant life. A literal green thumb, if you will. He mostly used it to tend to his rose bushes at home and could make subtle changes to how the plant would flower, like causing blooms to flower in unusual colors by tending to them diligently and encouraging them verbally.

Appearance: Roselia.jpg

Personality: Very reserved when encountering strangers, however will become very loose and sometimes rowdy when around friends.

Backstory: Hailing from Coumarine City in Northeastern Kalos, Jared was always a nice boy. He was always fond of keeping and tending to plants and sometimes pokemon that came with them. He learned that he was a bit different than most children, however, when he learned he could change the outcome of a plant's flowering phase by encouraging it. He couldn't exactly make vines shoot out of the ground, but he could make wonderful arrangements of flowers and in fact, helped decorate the Coumarine City gym. When he caught word of Angel Academy, he had used a significant sum of his money he had earned selling flowers and decorating for Ramos to pay for his education and a ticket to the academy.

Other: Nothing really

Dorm # (1-15): 9

Ok, (COMIC SANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!) so, is there also going to be battling later on? Or because nobody really knows their moves yet, will there be no battling? I just wanted to make this clear.

@@Suitaloo,

Looks good to me! Accepted!

As for battling... It sort of will be part of the school but not as much. Battle Class has been replaced by a class simply known as the Skills Class. This is basically a class where a skilled teacher shows the kids how to use and further their abilities. There will be demonstrations, and students that have more offensive abilities are free to spar each other under super vision. Hope that clears things up :) 

• Brohoof 1

@Evil Dragon

Yup that's fine! I'd like it to be a more drawn out and developing thing, but yea its a thing. And by the way, I'd like for you to make a character next to nothing like Nik. I never really liked him as a character.

@Evil Dragon

Yup that's fine! I'd like it to be a more drawn out and developing thing, but yea its a thing. And by the way, I'd like for you to make a character next to nothing like Nik. I never really liked him as a character.

Oh, were you in the last RP? 

Be that as it may, I wasn't planning on that anyway. I was thinking of Magikarp

Oh my bad :P

Ampharos = me :)

Ohhhhhh! Yes, I remember you. But yeah, right now, I'm torn between picking Metapod, Kakuna, Pupitar, or Magikarp. All of the worthless evolutions.

No, Pupitar is actually awesome, but it looks useless and can somehow bite you without a mouth

Oh, so we can write little things to wrap up the old characters? Yeah sure, I'll take a whack at it. I'll leave out Rune for the moment, mostly because I don't know if Nightwing wanted Synthia to end up with him or not, but I know for a fact that Lolita was supposed to end up with Koh, so I'll use that.

Kohola, age 23: After returning to Pacifidlog Town in Hoenn, he settled down with his wife Lolita and became a fisherman. Now raising a healthy baby girl, ânela, he catches fish off the side of his floating home and then sells them at a market in Slateport City, a quick 15-minute boat ride away.

Samantha, age 22: Returning to Sarif was a bit hard for Samantha, as in her absence there had been a kidnapping, a hostage crisis, and a great number of things were discovered about certain higher-ups in the company. She didn't care for the politics of it, but knowing that some of her best friends were missing or dead took a great toll on her. Among those who died in the kidnapping was her mother. She couldn't really get a job anywhere else, since she considered herself a freak. She eventually ended up taking a job with her father at Silph, since there, at least she would be safe from any equipment failures and she was surrounded by people who had raised her, even if it was just part of their job. She is currently working in research and development for augmentations for the general populace, to help the disabled function properly, even if she didn't function entirely as stated in the manual herself.

• Brohoof 1

Name: Adalynn Hansue

Age + Grade: 14 Freshman

Pokemon Half: Misdreavus

Abilities: Adalynn is able to manipulate and levitate objects and with her mind.

Appearance: (I can draw but why not use the wonderful internet to find what I need. 10 times better, without the effort! Thanks, google!)

fnh85x.jpg

Personality: Adalynn is a quiet shy girl. She seems to prefer a quiet room, lit by a dingy candlelight over the bright colorful outdoors. Her parents tried to find her friends, but she's just too anti-social to be accepted into society. And she doesn't seem to want to make friends, the only things that seem to understand her are pokemon.

Backstory: As a young girl, she grew up in a large mansion, right outside of Celestic Town, in Sinnoh. It was obvious she was different then most children. She had a certain attachment to wild pokemon. Her parents where wealthy. They attempted to bribe the other children to be friends with her, but they thought she was too weird and creepy. When they found out about the academy, they decided to enroll her right away. Adalynn didn't want to go, but seeing she had no other option, she let them ship her off.

Other: (I don't know what to put here)

Dorm # (1-15): (lets go with my birth month) 8

@,

First newcomer! And it looks great! Accepted!

@@Suitaloo,

Yea my drawing skills are mediocre at best >.<

I like that guy's gijinkas though. Storm and I think Stark were both taken from him (or her, I still haven't been able to find who makes them XD).

• Brohoof 1

@,

I put the numbers 1-4 in a randomizer and got 4, and Magikarp was the fourth Pokemon you put down. Honestly though, you can pick whichever one you want. 

@,

I'll go with Kakuna, just because the last RP had no poison types at all. Once he evolves(tell me when) it'll be nice seeing a Beedrill.

Random note, wouldn't it be cool if gjinkas were rarer depending on how rare the Pokemon was? Like, Pidgey gjinkas everywhere but there's only one Dialga gjinka at a time?

Name: Apisves

Age + Grade: 15 (9th grade)

Pokemon Half: Kakuna

Abilities: He can toughen his skin(barely) and his spit can work as glue...that's about it. Really, it's more of a disadvantage as he gets tired easily, is physically frail, slow, and can't move around too much for fear of overexerting himself

Appearance: Short and squat with an almost tubby body. Skin is pale from lack of sunlight. Arms and legs are also very short. Hair is a bowlcut of messy blonde. Wears a tight jacket and pants to keep himself warm

Personality: Very sluggish and lazy. Will try anything to get more sleep. Is not particularily smart except at avoiding work. Make no mistake, Apisves works hard...at avoiding work. Apisves is paranoid and a bit skittish about birds

Backstory: Apisves was once a really bouncy, active kid...then he evolved into his Kakuna state. Once in this stage, the happy kid was replaced by a lazy, paranoid person. This wasn't unfounded either, he was very sickly during this time and even now, carries and inhaler around his person. He constantly waits for the day when he evolves...but he is a late bloomer. His parents sent him here, hoping he'd get out of his shell...so to speak

Other: IDK

Dorm # (1-15): 10

(edited)

@,

Looks good to me! And I trust that you'll all find the right time to evolve (If applicable), just don't do what happened in the last where there were like 2 or 3 on the first couple days.

As for the rarity thing... While it would make a little more sense, it'd also take away from the diversity. Plus, in my headcanon, the gijinka trait isn't actually from having a Pokemon parent. It's more along the lines of an extremely recessive gene trait that is becoming more dominant. After all, according to some of the stories in the games, Pokemon and humans were one in the same at one point. 

Edited by Jolteon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Can I make another character? I want to try my hand in teaching. There aren't any teachers yet. Would it be to much I had 2 characters? Nevermind Edited by Rupee Rarity

....But no bug types!

Fair enough. I'm thinking about how Jared would deal with learning about his poison typing as well and it makes me think of a line from Assassin's Creed 2 when Ezio gets the poison for the poison blade from the doctor. "Anything that can heal can kill in large enough doses." Maybe he'll help the nurse by making herbal medicines or something.

Fair enough. I'm thinking about how Jared would deal with learning about his poison typing as well and it makes me think of a line from Assassin's Creed 2 when Ezio gets the poison for the poison blade from the doctor. "Anything that can heal can kill in large enough doses." Maybe he'll help the nurse by making herbal medicines or something.

As for Apisves (combining wasp and bee in Latin), once he evolves, I assume his thing will be more like being social. Beedrill live in hives after all, they need social interaction. 

Kind of odd, most agressive Pokemon also needs the most TLC

(edited)

It kind of saddens me that this isn't taking off like the original RP was... Then again, it is still school time for most people and it is finals time for us college students, so I suppose it was more of a damnation due to poor timing. Oh well.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/b/b8/Dlc_stanleyparable_announcer_idle_04.mp3

I wish more people would join, the TF2 roleplay I'm in took off like *that* ╯﹏╰ Edited by Rupee Rarity