Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TheMangoPony

(edited)

So a little while ago I picked up my Fluttershy plushie from Build a Bear. Oh my, I love her so much she's so cute and cuddly  :yay:

She's my favorite piece of my entire pony collection, partially because she's Fluttershy, partially because of the BAB heart ritual + birth certificate, and partially just cause she's so snuggly and adorable and soft and wonderful! ^_^

She's therapeutic too, and I cuddle with her every night and she has completely cured my insomnia I've had for the past year or so. 

There is a bit of a problem though. Her mane quite regularly becomes a frizzy mess (especially with such a high level of cuddling) and I must brush her frequently to keep her looking good, and more importantly I worry that if I let it go for too long without a brushing it might form some irreversible matting. 

At the same time though I'm worried that frequent brushing will eventually weaken the hair and it might start breaking. I certainly don't mind taking the time to keep her mane in good shape. The 8 hour sleeps I've been getting are more than worth it, but I don't want to be doing any kind of damage to her mane either.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any hair care tips to help prolong the life of her mane and keep her from becoming a frizzy dread-locked rastashy (not that that wouldn't still be adorable, haha). 

I'm sure others have had the same problem, so if people want to share any tips they have for taking care of their Build a Bear plushies, whether through household products or otherwise that would be so awesome  :wub: .

EDIT: I did a bit of research and learned some tricks that can be done with household products, which worked really well. Her hair was a frizzed up tangled mess this morning and looks great right now. I'll probably update this post next time I do it and take pictures as I go

Edited by TheMangoPony

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really considering getting a BAB pony and i'm curious about this too. :blink:

As a proud owner of a Build a Bear Rarity, brushing can take the hair out of her - and it doesn't come back. Do it infrequently and try to style it using only your hands whenever possible :D

Also, please share these tips! :D I want to see them, they could be useful :D

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to actually take their hair out all together, and modifying them to having an actual fabric mane, except Pinkie Pie....I worked really hard to make her hair as messed up as possible (to give her the filly Pinkie look, and add volume). I don't really cuddle them, because I don't like how the hair feels. I have Applejack and Applebloom (I had to get both because they are sisters), and Applejack's mane won't hold a red pony tail and her tail is too thin. That's why I am unimpressed with the BAB manes...but their eyes, and the ritual, and the Birth Certificate!...It's all so adorable!!! Pinkie sits at the end of our bed and (because I sleep against the wall and my husband sleeps on the other side), she stares at him all night, demanding hugs (to which he says is adorably creepy). Applejack is a big shorter than Pinkie, and her eyes are looking upwards. She stands next to Pinkie with Applebloom in between and is so adorable. I made sure she was stuffed extra stiff, and she much more huggable than Pinkie (I have to put more fluff in her).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I buy the BAB ponies and I love them but I have sent as many as 3 back because is the first few weeks of getting them the hair matts up at the ends ! Please help. What makes the hair do this ? Any tips and I've tried brushing the matts out with a brush and fabric softener and it doesn't work :(

Hello !

As this topic deals with pony merchandise, I have moved it to the merchandise sun-forum where it should get the appropriate attention.

Thank you and have a good day. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...