Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some Bronies get extreme in defending their waifus?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

i take it you never heard of otakus?

I actually do know of otakus! And I also know that people really do want relationships with our cute and cuddly ponies. However, the word waifu (and husbando) were so silly I thought people who used them were joking.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Because Fluttershy is totally real! She's real I know it! And she's all mine!!

For instance, Brony X claims Fluttershy as his waifu. Brony Y does the same thing. Brony X threatens Brony Y to fight. A brawl ensues, with the poor pony fleeing from both bronies.

~How can she "flee"? she's a fictional character. So what if someone else has Fluttershy as their waifu? I'm not gonna argue with them. It doesn't affect how much I love her.

If I were in Brony Y's shoes, I'd happily surrender my waifu over to my rival, even if she will be shedding fountains of tears for this.

~Why would I surrender Fluttershy over to someone else? She's a fictional character, there's enough of her to go around. I'm not "Surrendering" Fluttershy to anyone. I love her, and that's all that matters. I don't care if someone else does or not.

Can you help me comprehend on how come bronies aggresively defend their waifus, attacking whoever who "steals" them?

I only get "extreme" defending my waifu if someone is slandering her, bashing her needlessly, insulting her, etcetera. I'm not gonna just stand by and let someone do that to the pony I love.. :(

Edited by :Flutterdash:

If I've said it once, I've said it a million time...

"Boys are weird..."  :eww:

Although I hear you say the same about us...

Lol :lol:^_^:yay:

I think its more like people are weird in general, boy or girl ;p.

But anyways, I can't really speak on this whole thing, I never got into the whole waifu thing seriously. so yeah. I guess maybe people just get really attached to a character. 

I mean I don't have a waifu, but I don't particularly like to see people bashing my favorite characters. I suppose because it makes us feel like the person is insulting us directly by insulting our taste in characters.

That's my guess anyways, i'm no expert though.

• Brohoof 2

It's simple, their ego gets so bloated, that they do their very best to protect their waifu from others. 

I concur, with Thunder on this one, :D.

Now, yes........Spitfire, is my waifu, but as ghostie said, I would "not" attack, I would defend.

Bronies love their waifus because ponies are cute and we can dream.

But I find it silly for someone to fight over an animated character.

Also people love Fluttershy way to much if you ask me

• Brohoof 2

I've never seen a Brony wigging out over their "waifu", but I wouldn't mind seeing it at all.

Not to be mean or anything, but I find stuff like that funny.

Even if a Brony or a person from another fandom was freaking out over "waifus", I wouldn't take it seriously at all. Even if they are serious. I wouldn't get worked up over it myself. Some folks just take fictional things more serious than others is all. Call it a priority issue at worst.

• Brohoof 2

I actually do know of otakus! And I also know that people really do want relationships with our cute and cuddly ponies. However, the word waifu (and husbando) were so silly I thought people who used them were joking.

I suppose some people are, all the waifu stealer jokes involving Flash Sentry kind of proved it but some people are completely and totally serious while others like me tend to be somewhere in the middle. I have told plenty of jokes, some of them with some slight innuendo about me and Applejack but given the chance I would glady have a relationship with her.

• Brohoof 1

This issue is not unique to the brony community. You are bound to find instances like this in any fandom. I'm not sure how to really explain it other than some people are perhaps overly attached to their passions to the extent where they are blinded to reality. That, or just plain immaturity, but only when they jump to aggressive extremes. I do actually think it can be understandable to have someone develop a crush on a fictional and/or animated character, and because of the very personal and intimate nature of love, it's understandable why they may feel odd at the prospect at someone with the same attachment to the same character, but that shouldn't excuse aggressive and unjust behaviour.  

• Brohoof 1

I would like to start off by saying the term "Waifu" is sad in itself.  To further it, it's even more sad when someone wants to claim a doodle as their "one and only."

Now, regarding the brawling aspect of the original post, that's human nature.  Have you seen sports fans?  Some of them will brawl over anything, especially soccer fans.  "YAY!  There's only 2 minutes on the clock, and we're winning 9-0!  ...wait, they just scored a goal?  RIOT!!!"

Then there's the folks that brawl over things of even less importance, such as parking spaces, clothing, toys, being drunk, etc.  Any one of us could snap, and it just takes a certain trigger.  In this case, the trigger is a ridiculous idea that only one can have romantic feelings towards a fictitious equine.

(edited)

If people are legit getting upset about somebody stealing "their waifu", and I mean legit legit, they may need some help, like the guy who literally stuck his manhood inside a Twilight plushy and for whatever reason thought it was okay to post on a forum. >_>

Edited by Princess PeachBlink
  • Brohoof 3

I'd like to take this opportunity to genially *brohoof* any and all persons that have especial affection for Rainbow Dash.  But nopony can truly lay claim to Rainbow Dash...  She is a spirited pegasus pony that must fly FREE over Equestria!  And I'm tired to the point that I may see her any minute so...  ZZzzzzZZzzz...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If people are legit getting upset about somebody stealing "their waifu", and I mean legit legit, they may need some help, like the guy who literally stuck his manhood inside a Twilight plushy and for whatever reason thought it was okay to post on a forum. >_>

I weep the tears of a chicken nugger-less child for the future of this fandom.

Edited by Kumo
  • Brohoof 2

It's mostly all just for the joking fun of it. They aren't actually serious about it.

Most aren't. At least I would like to believe that.

But then there is the occasional nutterbutter.

I'm obsessive compulsive and more than a little bit cynical / misanthropic.  I play fictional favorites, and I play them HARD.  It's easier for me to empathize, at times, with fictional characters.  Sometimes I react with greater emotion to something that I absolutely realize is fictional (and, arguably, shouldn't be regarded with greater concern), and I react with comparably less emotion to something that...  Actually happened.  In my life.  And it's a double-edged sword, really.  But seriously: leave people who take a Waifu alone.  I doubt most people with a Waifu are likely to go on the offensive anyhow.  You think it's weird?  You're weird.  I'm weird.  We're ALL weird to somepony.  (I just said "somepony," which isn't even technically a word.)  Hell, many of us are adult males posting on a forum created for enthusiasts of a television series initially aimed at a young female demographic.  The world outside thinks us weird.  Everybody's weird, or nobody's weird.

• Brohoof 2

You know, the simple version is:

X: "Hey guys, you know my girlfriend, Stacy?"

Y: "Actually Stacy is with me."

*Stacy is unreachable and not present*

X and Y start to fight.

I would suspect the emotions are very similar.

• Brohoof 2

That seems like socially acceptable behavior to me.

Socially acceptable behavior is sooo overrated lol.  And really: I wouldn't be watching MLP if I adhered to what was deemed, in general, socially acceptable.

Rainblow Hash acceptable behavior is so much better anyway.

I'll puff my pipe and nod my head while watching you marry a plushie.

You can count on it, bub.

• Brohoof 2

I have a hard time replying to this... no comment.

For topic, some people to go to extreme measures for their "waifu." This is true not only for mlp, but also for other cartoon, anime, games, books, movies, etc. However, let's not forget the majority of the fandom who don't do strange things with plushies, or at least not poting them online...

• Brohoof 1

Now replace Brony Y with Flash Sentry, so-called "waifu thief/stealer".

Oh man, OP how did I know you were going to bring up waifu stealer extraordinaire, Sir Flash Sentry? :lol:

I think (some of?) these guys are just having a spot of fun. I used to have a waifu, and I would play with people who claimed her, but we were all kidding, and it never got into a fight.