Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Fake Pokemon RP?

Arylett Charnoa

Who here likes Pokemon? Who wants to RP it? Who likes to create their own Fake Pokemon?

It'll be in a similar style to Shifted - where I will expect paragraphs rather than sentences and more advanced roleplaying with good grammar/spelling. However, this RP will feature Fakemon - Pokemon invented by you yourself outside of the canon. If enough people are interested, I will be reviewing all the applications to ensure that I don't accept anything /too/ crazy.

Everyone will be playing as people who have the ability to turn into Fake Pokemon, and they must use these abilities in a sort of superheroish fashion to do various rescues and save people. Since in this world, actual Pokemon have all been stolen by villains and used for terrible purposes and thus nobody can defend themselves. The reason they have to be fakes? The ability was forced onto the people by a scientist with a special ray gun. The process went horrifically wrong, and transformed them into made up Pokemon based on their personalities.

Of course, there will be a big overarching plot that I haven't really thought of yet - but it will be revealed as we go along. And we'll be finding out about the side-effects of this as well...

Is there any interest on this?

• Brohoof 1

I've been meaning to get back into RPing and Pokemon would be a good restart!

I like the idea of full paragraphs instead of quick sentences since... well I tend to do the paragraphing thing already.

Anyway, you have my interest. I guess I better go make up a Pokemon! :P

I'll join, with my ponymons

I might join with a fake pokemon

and it might just have a puffy pink mane

Edited by Berryzoid

I have interest in this! :) (although I've never made a Fakemon before, so I would have to come up with something)

Everyone will be playing as people who have the ability to turn into Fake Pokemon, and they must use these abilities in a sort of superheroish fashion to do various rescues and save people. Since in this world, actual Pokemon have all been stolen by villains and used for terrible purposes and thus nobody can defend themselves. The reason they have to be fakes? The ability was forced onto the people by a scientist with a special ray gun. The process went horrifically wrong, and transformed them into made up Pokemon based on their personalities.

oh this sounds cool i think i...

where I will expect paragraphs rather than sentences and more advanced roleplaying with good grammar/spelling.

oh, i think i will be leaving now...

This sounds like fun!

I'll have to make a Fakemon...yo Zalgo, wanna let me use one of yours? XD

If you are having trouble coming up for a good idea for a Fakemon, try thinking of type sets that have not been used yet.

Like mine above is a Ghost/Steel type which doesn't exist yet in the real game (what a waste Bronzong).

Some cool idea types that haven't been done yet are Dragon/Bug (Yanmega, as much as I love you I am disappointed), Fighting/Flying, Bug/Ice, Grass/Fire, Fire/Water, and much, much more than you'd expect!

Just a question, would 3 sentences be enough for a paragraph, and is there exceptions like when you only need to answer a question?

Well, I've finally decided that i'd be the first pokemon I created.

Posted Image

That drawing is pretty old (like 3 years old) so I'll draw a new one and then I'll make my bio.

EDIT: there I revamped it,

Posted Image

Now for the bio.

Edited by Zalgo
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, the OOC thread hasn't started yet, guys. So you don't have to make your forms now. Especially since I'll be making some additions/cut-outs to the pre-existing form's format. You'll have to fill out a somewhat different form. (That says stuff like Typing, Moves, etc.) So those of you who did it will have to go edit it with the form when I make the OOC thread. At the moment, I'm waiting to see if there's any more people interested in this.

Also, I think this guide is very detailed and pretty awesome at telling you exactly how you should go about making a fakemon. It's not just about thinking about new typings. Some typings, such as Fire/Water, are very improbable and hard to pull off. Which is why they haven't been done in canon. It's not just about the types, it's about the concept. Try to think of weird unusual animals and things that have never been used, then apply the type.

Oh and your fake has to be completely original. No evolutions of canon ones or pre-evos.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

I'ma make a ??? type XD

Hmmm actually could work. I count Arceus as a ??? Type since it changes due to his ability.

Same for Keckleon, Ditto, and Castform.

So if you can come up with some creative way to interpret ??? type than go ahead, just be careful to avoid godmodding! :P

There we go, my bio:

http://mlpforums.com...c/9896-chargra/

I always suck at filling out the personality part...

Cool, though something about him being monograss is just off putting... I mean its your character and monograss types are cool, but he looks like he could be a grass/dark, grass/fire, or even grass/dragon!

Well, the OOC thread hasn't started yet, guys. So you don't have to make your forms now. Especially since I'll be making some additions/cut-outs to the pre-existing form's format. You'll have to fill out a somewhat different form. (That says stuff like Typing, Moves, etc.) So those of you who did it will have to go edit it with the form when I make the OOC thread. At the moment, I'm waiting to see if there's any more people interested in this.

Also, I think this guide is very detailed and pretty awesome at telling you exactly how you should go about making a fakemon. It's not just about thinking about new typings. Some typings, such as Fire/Water, are very improbable and hard to pull off. Which is why they haven't been done in canon. It's not just about the types, it's about the concept. Try to think of weird unusual animals and things that have never been used, then apply the type.

Oh and your fake has to be completely original. No evolutions of canon ones or pre-evos.

Well I completely counted on editing mine in the near future, but making a form for Fakemons specifically would be great!

And that guide is great! A little bit more complex than it really needs to be, but still great!

And I know its more on concept than typing! It's just that trying to find a way to make new and odd typings work brings up a lot of cool concepts such as the fire/bug Volcarona, Electric/bug Galvantula, Bug/Fighting Heracross, Ghost/Fire Chandelure, Grass/Fighting Breloom, Grass/Ice Abomasnow, Grass/Steel Ferrothorn, and more.

Like when I conceptualized Spritenite I thought of how to make odd typings work. I then settled on a haunted house theme and thought of suits of armor.Then I tried to think on how to apply a suit of armor too look like a living spiritual being and that's where the decorative tail came in.

Also another question, are evolved forms going to be coming into play in this RP? I know that not every pokemon needs to evolve, but is that going to be expected or do you prefer if we stick to one form?

Personally I could go either way with this seeing that to make further forms I could just add more armor pieces! :P

But for some other people making stages might be more difficult.

I always suck at filling out the personality part...

Also for personality it seems that we are RPing people who turn into Pokemon (like Mystery Dungeon-ish) so perhaps its easier to just make up a personality for your human character.

I have yet to fully conceptualize my human character, but he will have a rather cowardly, defensive personality to highlight the steel armor aspect, but yet mysterious to highlight the ghost aspects.

I'ma make a ??? type XD

??? is a placeholder type, and they took it out in Generation V. Only official types are allowed.

Cool, though something about him being monograss is just off putting... I mean its your character and monograss types are cool, but he looks like he could be a grass/dark, grass/fire, or even grass/dragon!

And I know its more on concept than typing! It's just that trying to find a way to make new and odd typings work brings up a lot of cool concepts such as the fire/bug Volcarona, Electric/bug Galvantula, Bug/Fighting Heracross, Ghost/Fire Chandelure, Grass/Fighting Breloom, Grass/Ice Abomasnow, Grass/Steel Ferrothorn, and more.

Like when I conceptualized Spritenite I thought of how to make odd typings work. I then settled on a haunted house theme and thought of suits of armor.Then I tried to think on how to apply a suit of armor too look like a living spiritual being and that's where the decorative tail came in.

Also another question, are evolved forms going to be coming into play in this RP? I know that not every pokemon needs to evolve, but is that going to be expected or do you prefer if we stick to one form?

Personally I could go either way with this seeing that to make further forms I could just add more armor pieces! :P

But for some other people making stages might be more difficult.

Odd typings are nice, but he can have a pure Grass-type if he wants to. I think it's fine as it is. Making fakemon isn't about trying to one-up the original canon and make crazy typings all of the time. Grass/Fire would be VERY difficult to convincingly pull off, and unless that has a mega good sensical design, I probably won't accept it.

Yes. Evolved forms will be coming in play. In fact, I already have an evolution line I'll be using. You can choose either ones that evolve or ones that don't.

Yours, for instance, works nicely. I don't object to a Ghost/Steel since the design makes sense. But his doesn't need to be a Grass/Anything since it works just fine as is.

@Zalgo: Pretty much what Colton said about the personality. You don't have to worry about it now.

• Brohoof 1

Ha ha! Yes I am in! I've been waiting for a chance to use the OC I've been working on, and this will be it! Now to just decide on a Fakemon...

Quick question, could our Fakemon be a pre-evolution of a real Pokemon? Nevermind...

Edited by King of Magikarps

Odd typings are nice, but he can have a pure Grass-type if he wants to. I think it's fine as it is. Making fakemon isn't about trying to one-up the original canon and make crazy typings all of the time. Grass/Fire would be VERY difficult to convincingly pull off, and unless that has a mega good sensical design, I probably won't accept it.

Yes. Evolved forms will be coming in play. In fact, I already have an evolution line I'll be using. You can choose either ones that evolve or ones that don't.

Yours, for instance, works nicely. I don't object to a Ghost/Steel since the design makes sense. But his doesn't need to be a Grass/Anything since it works just fine as is.

I was just giving a suggestion. It's not bad that he is monograss (in fact I wish there were more monotype Pokemon). I was just saying his design kinda alludes to it being a dragon like creature. Perhaps he could take the Charizard type route and add wings as a final evolved forum and make it a Grass/Flying.

I mean some could argue my pokemon that through my design that it could be more fit as a Dark/Steel, and I'd agree that yes it could be a Dark type, but I choose Ghost instead.

Monograss is a fine type and if he wants to ignore my suggestion that's perfectly fine with me.

@colon

He actually becomes grass/dragon in his second evolution

EDIT: woops, I meant third

Edited by Zalgo

(edited)

Ha ha! Yes I am in! I've been waiting for a chance to use the OC I've been working on, and this will be it! Now to just decide on a Fakemon...

Quick question, could our Fakemon be a pre-evolution of a real Pokemon?

@colon

Oh, really? You should probably include all of the evolutions then in the form! Since I did say you can definitely have those. Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

@colon

I had a feeling this is how it was gonna work! :P

I was just wondering if you had considered that possibility and it seems you have.

What about including moves that don't exist in canon and/or moves that are a combination of two moves, but only hold one type?

For one OC I'm thinking of, it is a take on Blaziken (since its my favorite pokemon) from the Hoenn Region where it will be a Fire/Fight type. And one move I'm thinking is a Flaming Uppercut, a combination of Sky Uppercut and Fire Punch, but is a . Another move, (which isn't canon) is a Roundhouse Kick.

And is it possible that it doesn't have an evolution (such as Absol for instance).

What about including moves that don't exist in canon and/or moves that are a combination of two moves, but only hold one type?

For one OC I'm thinking of, it is a take on Blaziken (since its my favorite pokemon) from the Hoenn Region where it will be a Fire/Fight type. And one move I'm thinking is a Flaming Uppercut, a combination of Sky Uppercut and Fire Punch, but is a . Another move, (which isn't canon) is a Roundhouse Kick.

And is it possible that it doesn't have an evolution (such as Absol for instance).

Only canonical moves would be allowed. But your character could mix together two moves in the actual RP itself. Or use canonical moves in interesting ways.

Yes, you don't need an evolution.

Just a heads-up, I'll be starting in about three days. Sorry I haven't been much into this. I'm still working on it!