Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do Bronies and Sonic fans get along?

TheMarkz0ne

I am not singling out one experience. I go on youtube and read some arguments between Bronies and Sonic fans. I know for the most part, if you're a brony, you have most likely played Sonic games and love the series. I was on Silent Rob's 'Sonic sucks' video and the arguments were kinda funny, but were just immature clopping jokes and furry insults.

• Brohoof 1

Yes and now, I've seen plenty of people be fans of both, but it's not uncommon for the one to hate the other. Hell, in Derpibooru, a lot of the guys there hate almost anything related to Sonic

I like ponies and my best friend likes sonic, and yeah i'd say we get along.  lol

I've never heard of them not getting along, but everything is a war on the internet, really.

I think Sonic's become the butt of a lot of jokes everywhere on the internet, owing to the ocean of cringeworthy fanart out there. I haven't seen Sonic get any special attention one way or the other from bronies though. No more than usual anyway.

Are there even that many older Sonic fans? Not counting CWC I mean ..

• Brohoof 1

As far as I know they don't have any reason to not get along. I mean, I see "Rainbow Dash is faster than Sonic" a lot but I don't have any problems with Sonic fans. Also, I loved the original Sonic games!

Don't see why they wouldn't get along. Don't see why they have have all that much interaction at all, as they seem pretty unrelated.

They tend to. Both groups share a lot of similarities, and even see a lot of spillover into the other. Both groups have become sort of a joke on the internet (for their amounts of cringeworthy MS paint-self insert OC DONUT STEEL artwork), and I have not yet witnessed any real animosity between the groups.

Yeah. The reasonable fans get along perfectly fine. It's only those insane lunatics who think Sonic games suck because he has green eyes, or the MLP fans who are absolutely obsessed and think they have to prove how this show is better than everything else ever that cause those arguments. Some people are fans of both.

I'm not the biggest Sonic fan, but I love SATAM and the genesis games. Some of the new stuff is really good too, like Generations or the Advance games.

Well Sonic fans barely get along with each other as it is

But this question makes the assumption that all fandoms act the same as a whole. There is no reason why anybody from any two fandoms would not get along.

Heh, I was never really a fan of sonic as a kid, mostly because his eyeballs are weird looking and he creeped me out.  It seems most of the sonic characters share this trait except Tails; he's the only semi-cute normal looking one.

Heck, there's even a TVtropes page on it.

Yeah, generally. They have crossovers every now and then. I haven't seen many sonic fans to be honest, but never mind that.

Heh, I was never really a fan of sonic as a kid, mostly because his eyeballs are weird looking and he creeped me out.  It seems most of the sonic characters share this trait except Tails; he's the only semi-cute normal looking one.

Heck, there's even a TVtropes page on it.

Dammit! You linked to TV Tropes! Now we'll never get out! You've doomed us all!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

...everything is a war on the internet, really.

^ Pretty much hit the nail on the head, I'd say.  Everything is a point of fruitless contention.

I'm sure there have been both Bronies and Sonic fans that got along and Bronies and Sonic fans that didn't get along lol.

This scenario seems unlikely, though: "Wha- you like Sonic!??!  Well I'm a Brony so, no friendship or consideration of your feelings for you!"

Strangely enough (and only semi-related), I actually saw several comments from supposed non-Brony Zelda fans that insisted you couldn't like both MLP and Zelda.  I, myself, like such a weird combination of things that incompatibility of this or that thing never came to mind.  So it sounded (purely in the context of those comments) as though some Zelda fans are anti-MLP, but I think that's because just about any member of any other fandom could be anti-MLP or anti-Brony lol.  People are far more devoted to finding things they "hate" rather than things they enjoy, it seems.

Edited by PegaMister

I am always constantly seeing parodies concerning Sonic and Rainbow Dash. Some are... Interesting to say the least.

But that's besides the point, the sonic fans I know generally like MLP, and their favourite character is usually Rainbow Dash.

HOWEVER...

On the internet and places such as Youtube, there are comment wars going on. But that happens for just about anything.

Im a sonic fan and a brony, but it really depends on what kind of brony are you and what kind of sonic fan they are. The most popular trend is Sonicvs Rainbow Dash in a race. (technically, Sonic is the fastest runner and Rainbow Dash is the fastest flyer since Sonic can't fly without a plane or the seven chaos emeralds. You can't really pin the two in the race and call it fair)

I'm a fan of both. In fact, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was my very first video game! I can't say I saw an argument between a Sonic fan and an MLP fan, but I have seen someone on this very forum that thinks Sonic is just awful, and that all Sonic fans should go "crawl back on their man-caves". It was funny, but somehow offensive (I say "somehow", because I normally don't care what others think of me).