Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Minister KelGrym's Religious Services

Kel_Grym

There are no other variations of the divine!

You don't know that. I don't know that. No one can truly know. One can only have faith and act accordingly with what wisdom can be divined of the greater purpose to life and the universe.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, just expressing uncertainty. If you truly wished me to join, you should have offered some interpretation of the faith that you have come to through your practice. Instead you brand me the moment I express doubt. This leads me to believe you don't truly hold Celestia in any divine sense.

If I'm wrong, present evidence to the contrary.

There are no other variations of the divine!

You forgot one on your list though. No not Cadance! 

Behold and see that the Rarity is good; blessed is the pony who takes refuge in her. ~ Book of Fabulosity 

full.png
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

You don't know that. I don't know that. No one can truly know. One can only have faith and act accordingly with what wisdom can be divined of the greater purpose to life and the universe.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, just expressing uncertainty. If you truly wished me to join, you should have offered some interpretation of the faith that you have come to through your practice. Instead you brand me the moment I express doubt. This leads me to believe you don't truly hold Celestia in any divine sense.

If I'm wrong, present evidence to the contrary.

What is this!?

Logic?

Rationality?

A sensible argument?

fbc4ab17f9d2c8c035db7bcaacc3d54d9161e989

img-3233629-2-full.png

Moon.

Edited by Minister KelGrym

What is this!?

Logic?

Rationality?

A sensible argument?

fbc4ab17f9d2c8c035db7bcaacc3d54d9161e989

This leads me to believe that rather than genuine faith or even a thought experiment, you are deliberately attacking your perception of what organized religion is. That could be me projecting however, you could be making fun of those bronies who are in favor of one Princess to seemingly dogmatic exclusion.

All joking aside, might you perhaps plainly confirm your intentions to me?

Thou shalt believe whatever you like, as long as thou doest not shove it down my throat.

You know that phrase is really starting to bug me. By itself, it means not forcing one's beliefs on another through a form of coercion. In practice though, many seem to hold that even just expressing or verbally sharing one's belief counts as coercion.

I'm not accusing you of this, of course, just declaring that this is a growing tendency I've observed.

full.png

If that's how we are playing this, ALL HAIL PRINCESS DERPY, Goddess of Wisdom!

img-3232667-1-annoyed_princess_derpy_hoo

That said, I worship the Night. :comeatus:

(Until Princess Derpy is canon~) :muffins:

You know that phrase is really starting to bug me. By itself, it means not forcing one's beliefs on another through a form of coercion. In practice though, many seem to hold that even just expressing or verbally sharing one's belief counts as coercion.

I'm not accusing you of this, of course, just declaring that this is a growing tendency I've observed.

Aye, there are many who are like that. Not me, I have always been interested in learning about various faiths, and though I disapprove of religion in general (it seems to me to have caused more trouble than it should) I will not tell someone what to believe or not to believe.

• Brohoof 1

This leads me to believe that rather than genuine faith or even a thought experiment, you are deliberately attacking your perception of what organized religion is. That could be me projecting however, you could be making fun of those bronies who are in favor of one Princess to seemingly dogmatic exclusion.

All joking aside, might you perhaps plainly confirm your intentions to me?

No.

I thought my intentions of dominating the world with the one true religion of Celestia where plain enough.

dude if your not a real minister then thats a crime. -_-

I am a real legal minister.

• Brohoof 1

Aye, there are many who are like that. Not me, I have always been interested in learning about various faiths, and though I disapprove of religion in general (it seems to me to have caused more trouble than it should) I will not tell someone what to believe or not to believe.

So has the invention of the printing press and the automobile, should we go back to scribes and horse buggies? If there was a universal authority that policed what humans should and shouldn't be capable of because of all the damage it could do, we wouldn't have left the Garden of Eden. (Intended to be metaphorical.)

I appreciate your discretion though as well as your interest. Might I just express that even if all religions were to suddenly disappear, people would eventually create new ones. Religion is simply faith given a narrative and symbolic aesthetic. And as something of a hobbyist theologian, I'd be happy to discuss different practices I've researched.  :)

• Brohoof 2

So has the invention of the printing press and the automobile, should we go back to scribes and horse buggies? If there was a universal authority that policed what humans should and shouldn't be capable of because of all the damage it could do, we wouldn't have left the Garden of Eden. (Intended to be metaphorical.)

I appreciate your discretion though as well as your interest. Might I just express that even if all religions were to suddenly disappear, people would eventually create new ones. Religion is simply faith given a narrative and symbolic aesthetic. And as something of a hobbyist theologian, I'd be happy to discuss different practices I've researched.   :)

You are certainly right there, though religion has arguably caused more problems than anything else... but humans would find more excuses to cause such problems, it would seem to be in our nature.

And mostly what I'm interested in at the moment is the folklore aspects behind various stories in religious texts (the Old Testament is great for those!), various beliefs, and their possible origins. Feel free to PM me.
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Kelgrym,are you back? Thank Celestia...

I got someone that you should marry with other person l:

You missed the uprising when I started marrying people against their will. :P

Jeric x Button's Mom
  • Brohoof 1