Things you hate that everyone seems to love?

Odyssey

In the spirit of things...I personally don't see anything special at all about Nutella.

Seriously. What the hell is so great about Nutella? It's just candy. And it's not even, like, especially interesting candy. Yet everyone I know, you mention Nutella, talk about Nutella, they lose their freaking minds like it's the single best thing you could ever experience.

Is it some kind of in joke that I'm unaware of? Did everyone get together and be all 'hey let's make a big deal about Nutella even though it's not even that good because that'd be funny! And then we'll dig into it and smear it all over our faces and bodies like we're rabid, starving animals at every chance we get!'?

Because that's the only explanation I can come up with.. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sonic's fanbase, Instagram, what does the fox say, Gangnam Style, Radioactive... the usual.

Edit: Added some things.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

For me it would have to be Star Wars: The movie was interesting when I was little but it's far too overrated today, and people still seem to celebrate it like it was a new movie.

Here we go:

-Nostalgic people: Like Lady Gaga said in Applase 'Nostalgia's for geeks'. I like retro stuff, but move on from your childhood.

-Violent Video Games: Explains itself

-Cursing all the time: I do curse when I'm  angry, but not for no reason and when I just dislike something.

-Religious Cursing: Like 'god dammit' or anything like that (again we can't say I never use it, but I don't use it a lot anymore)

-Child Abuse: Explains itself.

-Star Wars: Too overrated, and trust me, if you insult you get a harsh comeback.

-Minecraft: A crappy pixelated game, how amusing.

-Family Guy: A crappy plotless series with no decent stuff in it whatsoever, how amusing.

-South Park: It tries waaaaaaa(a x9823 times)y to hard to funny. And also, if you insult it, you're in for the insult of your life.

-Dogs: They're scary.

And a few more things to list:

Spiders

Homophobia

Transphobes

and...

Rapping.

i dont really "hate" many things,

what i do dislike despite it being popular:

1. harry potter: some nerd running around in glasses trying to save his world.i liked the first few movies because i grew up with it, but the newer ones are just terrible.

2.justin bieber:despite his music being utter garbage, he also has the personality of a rotten tomato.especially seeing how all the girls go crazy about him makes me mad.

3.r34 in general

4. dubstep music,especially skrillex.i understand,however,that properly used dubstep can be quite impacting in movies.i also understand that there is good dubstep out there occasionally.

5.modern pop music in general.its just the same autotuned garbage about partying and drinking over and over again.(there are expections though,like Lady Gaga for example)

come at me haterz :)

(honestly,this is just my opinion and if you would know me, my opinion can change pretty fast.so dont feel offended)

• Brohoof 1

Shipping- It's stupid

Phone Gaming- The games are limited and generally boring

Skyrim- I thought it was boring

Applejack- I think she is a less detailed character

-Child Abuse: Explains itself.

I don't think people seem to like that...

• Brohoof 2

Bacon - I don't like the smell of it. I find red meat very unhealthy and unappetizing. Certain meats such as poultry and fish are healthier. I'm not saying this just because I'm vegetarian.  :)

Runescape - Looking back to it, I think it was a waste of time. I kept playing for hours and hours just killing NPCs to level up my account. I could have been using my time more productively. 

• Brohoof 1

1. Mario. Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly hate him. And I loved his games when I was a kid. I mean who wouldn't? The Paper Mario games were awesome. But I think that he's just "meh". I just really don't get what's so amazing about him...Why do so many people like him so much and worship him so much? I just think he's way too overworshiped and overrated. I really don't see what's so great about him and why he's so famous...And why do people prefer him over all the other videogame heroes? And I think it's much more fun to slash up monsters with a sword or shoot them up with a gun or actually be able to punch and kick than it is to run around stomping on turtles and living mushrooms. Plus we've also got the fact that he's dead in only one hit and a maximum of only two hits...I find that very lame...

Mario really isn't as interesting as other videogame heroes are either in my opinion. I think a hero with a backstory about his family getting murdered or a swordsman who was born and raised to protect peace or whatever is way cooler in my opinion. Gigantic swords, gravity-defying spiky hair, superhuman powers/abilities, torturous back-story, etc. now THAT's what I call a hero. Ex. Cloud, Sora, Ichigo, Goku etc. (Yeah I know Goku and Ichigo are not exactly videogame characters but you get the point.)

• Brohoof 4

PewDiePie. Well, I didn't used to hate him. I used to watch his videos a few years ago and I thought he was amusing, nothing special.

But then as he became more popular I haven't been enjoying his videos as much. He seems to post lots more... Well, crap. I just want to see him play wierd indie and horror games, not him shaking his ass in his girlfriend's underwear, among other cringe worthy stuff he's posted these past few months. I know he does still play games, I'm still subscribed, but to me it feels more forced than his older stuff. I just think he's gotten far too huge for what he is. I'm so glad I'm safely (somewhat) able to post this here, because on any other forum I'd be flooded with death threats the instant I press the post button.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Gangnam Style. Whenever I see someone mention it, I feel like punching kittens.

1. Mario. Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly hate him. And I loved his games when I was a kid. I mean who wouldn't? The Paper Mario games were awesome. But I think that he's just "meh". I just really don't get what's so amazing about him...Why do so many people like him so much and worship him so much? I just think he's way too overworshiped and overrated. I really don't see what's so great about him and why he's so famous...And why do people prefer him over all the other videogame heroes? And I think it's much more fun to slash up monsters with a sword or shoot them up with a gun or actually be able to punch and kick than it is to run around stomping on turtles and living mushrooms. Plus we've also got the fact that he's dead in only one hit and a maximum of only two hits...I find that very lame...

Mario really isn't as interesting as other videogame heroes are either in my opinion. I think a hero with a backstory about his family getting murdered or a swordsman who was born and raised to protect peace or whatever is way cooler in my opinion. Gigantic swords, gravity-defying spiky hair, superhuman powers/abilities, torturous back-story, etc. now THAT's what I call a hero. Ex. Cloud, Sora, Ichigo, Goku etc. (Yeah I know Goku and Ichigo are not exactly videogame characters but you get the point.)

I agree, the most mundane SoD from any one of the Suikoden games probably has more story and personality than Mario. Mario is pretty much

1 - Princess gets kidnapped

2 - Mario beats up Bowser

3 - Mario rescues Princess

4 - The end

And when there's a Mario game for a new console, maybe add a new race (like the Yoshis for SMW)

Also, whoever worked on the story for Wild Arms 4 deserves an award, but for some reason, people say the story is too cliche.

Edited by Galaxy Hero Rumble

(edited)

I hate the New Super Mario Bros series. They just shamelessly rip of Mario 3 over and over, have some the easiest platforming level design ever, and the multiplayer is awful. 

Rapping: It's horrible poetry.

Religion

Idiots

Improper Grammar. 

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I absolutely hate "sneakerheads" A friend of mine also hates them and he says "they only cover an eighth of your body." 

The next one is something that alot of people like, but I will give no explanation of. SHREK!! That is all......

EDIT: I have more, but that is all i'm gonna put.

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Call of Duty:

I don't hate the ENTIRE series because I absolutely adore the older CoD games (when CoD was actually a war game), especially World at War. But from MW2 onwards, it's a festering pile of shit which I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies. The plot for the campaigns feel half-thrown together, the multiplayer is infuriating and the community consists of nothing but racist 8 year old rednecks.

The Lion King:

I'm not exactly a fan of Disney (far from it, really), but I adore some of their work, especially Fantasia and the Mickey Mouse cartoons from the 1930's. But the one Disney film that EVERYONE on this entire freaking planet loves, The Lion King, just so happens to be a film that I DESPISE. The story makes no sense, the characters are annoying, the villain is pathetic and the songs make me want to blow my brains out! And what the fuck is James Earl Jones doing in this flick?! That's Darth Vader we're talking about here!

Rap:

Put simply, I think all raps are ear-rape. Enough said

Edited by GrauWitz
  • Brohoof 2

I would have to say Pony Parodies I hate Pony Parodies like the .MOV series or Smile HD or Rainbow Factory or Cupcakes you get my point I wish I could just end the parodies but I don't hate them all some are kind of funny but its these ones I don't like and wish I could unsee them 

smoking i hate it but almost all of the world smoke! 

alcohol i don't like it yet people love it sometimes 

(gaming related) i hate the lack of teamwork in recent battlefield games! 

• Brohoof 1