Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate that everyone seems to love?

Odyssey

On 6/8/2018 at 2:20 AM, Thorgir the Mighty said:

V6 American cars...need I say more?

#Speednoteconomy

I want respond this too.

Ford GT, Ford F-150 Raptor, and Haas F1 cars all feature V6 engines, and they're all fast. Well, the Raptor is fast for a full-size truck, but it's more powerful and more fuel efficient than it's predecessor. Oh, and the Ecoboost Mustang? More powerful than the old V6, and more powerful than the old Modular V8.

Speed + economy

1 hour ago, Vulon Bii said:

It was naturally aspirated...

I also made a bit of an error. Mazda raced with an IMSA GTS RX-7 in 1994. 1995-1997, it was a Kudzu prototype. The car that raced in 2002 was also a prototype, but it wasn't Mazda.

that rx7 was a beast on the track, it had the 4 rotor iirc

3 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

I want respond this too.

Ford GT, Ford F-150 Raptor, and Haas F1 cars all feature V6 engines, and they're all fast. Well, the Raptor is fast for a full-size truck, but it's more powerful and more fuel efficient than it's predecessor. Oh, and the Ecoboost Mustang? More powerful than the old V6, and more powerful than the old Modular V8.

Speed + economy

The new ford GT sucks since it has a V6. It need that old v8

3 minutes ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

The new ford GT sucks since it has a V6. It need that old v8

Tell me why it needs "that old V8" instead of the more compact engine they used to allow for the shape the rear section the car has.

I hate matte displays on consumer electronic devices. Literally every freaking review I watch on gaming laptops, people are either praising the inclusion of matte screens or lamenting the implementation of glossy ones -.-

Spoiler

Matte Sub-pixel Matrix

Fri_Jul_29_21_39_22.jpg

Glossy Sub-Pixel Matrix

Sun_Nov_15_18_17_50.jpg

^Glossy is soooo much better. Not only do glossy screens solve the inherent graininess exhibited in the former picture, but they also tend to look much more vibrant with beautiful popping colors. 

476bed3a8d5d8c65d25228997ffb9ae6c4c6bf9e

^Hell, even the glare is worse on matte displays (which is usually the main argument in favor of them), because it refracts across the entire screen, whereas on glossy screens, the glare (while more intense) tends to be isolated in a single spot.

Deadpool. 

I get why some people would like him, but too much of his comics/game/movie focuses on the humor aspect, which normally wouldn't be too much of a problem expect that he's just not very funny. 

• Brohoof 1

On 6/11/2018 at 3:01 AM, Sunny Fox said:

Amending Fences - I know what the writers were going for, but they failed on the logic, since Moondancer never invited Twilight to her party; Twilight suddenly cares about ponies she can't even remember the right names of; Minuette's constant giggling is grating in the extreme and worst of all, I just didn't care about what was happening.

Actually, she did invite her.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Celli said:

Actually, she did invite her.

Twinkleshine invited her, not Moon Dancer. From the transcript:

Minuette: Well, she always was a little shy. But for a while there, she was really starting to come out of her shell. Remember when she threw that party? Oh, right. I think you might've been busy that day.
Twinkleshine: There you are, Twilight! Moon Dancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?
Twilight Sparkle: Oh, sorry, girls... I've got a lot of studying to catch up on.
Minuette: Thought she finally might be letting her guard down a little with that party. We invited her out a few times after that. But she was always too busy studying. So, eventually, we just stopped asking.
Twilight Sparkle: I had no idea that party was so important to her. I've gotta find a way to make it up to her!

The middle section of the quote is a flashback to the identical scene from the pilot, nothing added. That's as much as we ever see of the invitation.

A second hand invitation from a third party doesn't exactly convey the message that the gathering was in any way vital to MD's emotional wellbeing. And even if it were, so what? An invitation is precisely that, an invitation, not an obligation. The whole episode seemed dedicated to making out that Twilight was somehow remiss in not attending a party from a pony who decided on her own initiative that Twilight HAD to attend or she would throw an extended emotional tantrum, but failed to actually make the invitation in person. That's a level of emotional immaturity that completely guts any chance of me feeling sympathy for MD.

(edited)
7 hours ago, Sunny Fox said:

Twinkleshine invited her, not Moon Dancer. From the transcript:

The middle section of the quote is a flashback to the identical scene from the pilot, nothing added. That's as much as we ever see of the invitation.

A second hand invitation from a third party doesn't exactly convey the message that the gathering was in any way vital to MD's emotional wellbeing. And even if it were, so what? An invitation is precisely that, an invitation, not an obligation. The whole episode seemed dedicated to making out that Twilight was somehow remiss in not attending a party from a pony who decided on her own initiative that Twilight HAD to attend or she would throw an extended emotional tantrum, but failed to actually make the invitation in person. That's a level of emotional immaturity that completely guts any chance of me feeling sympathy for MD.

Well idk, imo the episode is universally praised for good reason. 

Not saying you are but sometimes it feels like people hate on a well loved episode for the sake of contrarianism.

Edited by Celli

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Sunny Fox said:

Sorry, I just don't think your criticisms make much sense. 

Also, I feel that way when someone says "I don't get why this is so popular".

Also it's my favorite episode of the show. :P

@Sunny Fox

Anyway, Moondancer had every right to be distraught and Twi had every reason to make it up to her.

Moondancer and Twi were very close, in fact they were the only friends they had. Twi had other things to do and neglected to say anything to Moondancer before, which caused her to become more antisocial and keep to herself all the time. It's a very realistic scenario and is done very well. Also Twilight chose to help her after she saw what she did to Moondancer. 

Not to say either of our points of view are right or wrong of course and you're free to disagree, but that's what me and every other person sees when we praise the episode. 

Can you at least see where we're coming from? I can certainly understand your side at least.

Edited by Celli

8 hours ago, Celli said:

Sorry, I just don't think your criticisms make much sense. 

Also, I feel that way when someone says "I don't get why this is so popular".

Also it's my favorite episode of the show. :P

@Sunny Fox

Anyway, Moondancer had every right to be distraught and Twi had every reason to make it up to her.

Moondancer and Twi were very close, in fact they were the only friends they had. Twi had other things to do and neglected to say anything to Moondancer before, which caused her to become more antisocial and keep to herself all the time. It's a very realistic scenario and is done very well. Also Twilight chose to help her after she saw what she did to Moondancer. 

Not to say either of our points of view are right or wrong of course and you're free to disagree, but that's what me and every other person sees when we praise the episode. 

Can you at least see where we're coming from? I can certainly understand your side at least.

That bolded part is precisely where I think we disagree. I don't accept that Moondancer had a right to force her feelings onto Twilight, at least not without a more concrete reason to expect Twilight would be at her party. Again, I know what the writers wanted to do with the episode, I just don't think they did it write (hehe). Had they shown a flashback of Moondancer actually asking Twilight and getting a "yes" answer, thus breaking a promise, I would have absolutely no problem with the central emotional conflict, or with your statement.

I understand why other people like this episode, I truly do, but the writing / logic is flawed. Anyway, we risk derailing the thread, so I'll just leave you with links to the blog posts where I discuss Amending Fences and how it could have been improved, and we can continue with the discussion in PM, if you like.

Back on topic, things I hate everyone seems to love: avacado. Seriously, it's this atomic-sludgey green mush; how can that be appetizing, I ask you?

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Sunny Fox said:

I understand why other people like this episode, I truly do, but the writing / logic is flawed. Anyway, we risk derailing the thread, so I'll just leave you with links to the blog posts where I discuss Amending Fences and how it could have been improved, and we can continue with the discussion in PM, if you like

Nah it's fine. I don't think there's anything I can say to change your mind and that's fine. 

7 minutes ago, Sunny Fox said:

Back on topic, things I hate everyone seems to love: avacado. Seriously, it's this atomic-sludgey green mush; how can that be appetizing, I ask you?

I mean, I think it's at least good for making guacamole :P

• Brohoof 1

@Little Baby Dashie

@Im_not_crazy_im_just

The Sonic games have had their ups and downs and I enjoyed them , but yeah, I avoided their fan base too. 

Personally, the majority of people still think Mario and Sonic are out to discredit the other, which I hate to hear. So, I love the fanmade crossovers where the two video game characters work together. Super Mario Bros. Z by Alvin Earthworm is one of them.

• Brohoof 3