Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate that everyone seems to love?

Odyssey

Sleep: If I didn't have to I wouldn't even try to sleep. It just takes time out of your day to remind you that you run out of energy and become useless when exhausted.

Modern anime - Unnaturally huge breasts and minimal, tight clothing is all I see nowadays. I remember watching Fruits Basket, Pokemon, and Ouran High School Host Club in the past, and now I'm wondering what the hell happened. Studio Ghibli is the only hope I see nowadays.

You just have to look in the right places. I have a huge list of modern day anime that rivals even some of the great classics.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Where to start?!

Chocolate- Disgusting food that everyone dubs the holy grail of fine cuisine

Ice Cream- I'll stick with my sorbet, thank you very much

Coffee- How anybody likes that stuff is beyond me

The Living Tombstone- Yeah, he has a few decent songs, but apart from that, the Living Tombstone isn't that good

Cheese- Just tastes...repulsive

Parties- Oh yeah, of course I'd love to spend 4 hours small-talking with a random couple you met in Hawaii whilst you guilt trip me into eating every single morsel of food you have on offer!

Weddings- Bridezilla, uptight people everywhere, disgusting 'high class' food, having to go all the way to the other side of the country because apparently the local church isn't as good as the one that takes 10 hours to reach and having to wear a dress

Beaches- Sand in my eyes, sun burning my thighs, kids screaming and wailing over the ice cream they dropped, getting funny looks if you are not in a skimpy swimsuit.

Edited by Foxx
  • Brohoof 1

Game of Thrones - Overhyped to hell and back. It's, essentially, your schlock fantasy bollocks, except it has sex, incest and murder in it, so that automatically makes it awesome. It's slow, plodding and the execution of both the novella and television series is dreadful. It's not particularly groundbreaking, either.

The Walking Dead - As someone else said, it's slow paced and boring. It drags like a fucking zombie drags its feet. Not to mention some of the characters are characters you just can't invest yourself in. The only character I was really hooked by was Merle, and we all know how that turned out.

My Little Dashie - Take it away, Jay Sherman:

Seriously, it sucks. Fill something with cliches and sap and suddenly the fandom is creaming its pants. "Oh I totally found Dashie. Now i'm taking care of her. DOHOHOHOHOHOHO SHE'S MY DAUGHTER OH NO WE GOT INTO A FIGHT OH NO WE RECONCILED! Oh noes here comes the ending nobody could have possibly fucking foretold (unless you have more than half a brain) oh no, Dashie HAS TO GO NOW, HER PLANET NEEDS HER. Oh, now i'm alone but that's okay because blah blah blah fucking blah." A nine year old could write better garbage and not really on sap overload to artificially make your story popular.

If it wasn't for the existence of Cupcakes, I'd nominate it for worst MLP fanfiction ever that isn't a clopfic.

Scootaloo - Should be sacrificed to Oden.

Pinkie Pie - Should be sacrificed to Oden.

Rarity - Not even good enough to be a sacrifice to Oden.

Call of Duty - Or, as it's known in gaming circles, "Hey, look, i'm paying £60 for the exact same shit I paid for last year!". Even when it tries to innovate, it just copies and copies. Look at Advanced Warfare, read the basic plotline and tell me you're not seeing shades of Metal Gear Solid 4 in it. It's the same old pap but with a polish, some new items and a stupid gimmick (DOGS!/MECHS!/FUTURISTIC GUNS!)

Loki (Marvel Comics Version) - The Loki as depicted in Norse mythology was a complete badass. The Loki as depicted in Marvel Comics is an insufferable tit. And you people eat it up. You make me sick.

Tattoos - "I LOOKZ LIEK A COMPLEAT BADASS". Once, tattoos were consigned to criminals and bikers. Now these....these..."expressions of individuality" (BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA because nothing says individual like a shitty tribal tattoo or some 'meaningful' Latin bollocks written on your forearm.) have quickly become commonplace. Now, I will say that good tattoos that actually have money and time invested into them can be good, but far too many are crap and aren't so much expressions of individuality as "I think i'm a special snowflake but I just got what everybody else has so i'm no longer a special snowflake bawwhawwwhaww :'(" Also, far too many imbeciles have this Redditphilosopher (You know, "I'm spouting Latin after a girl broke my heart so now i'm fucking Plato") bollocks tattooed on their arms, usually in Latin or some kind of 'inspirational' phrase ("Only God Can Judge Me". And he judges you have poor taste for paying £100 for a tattoo an inmate could've done better with a needle and pencil lead.) as if it's some expression of individuality or intelligence.

It's neither.

Pewdiepie - Somebody take him out back and club him to death with a sock filled with pennies. Please.

And trust me, that's not even close to everything: I'm just tired and can't be arsed writing anymore or else we'd have an entire thread filled by me and me alone.

ODIN? WHAT'S ODIN?!!! It's a satellite used to destroyed the world. MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Where to start?!

Chocolate- Disgusting food that everyone dubs the holy grail of fine cuisine

Ice Cream- I'll stick with my sorbet, thank you very much

Coffee- How anybody likes that stuff is beyond me

The Living Tombstone- Yeah, he has a few decent songs, but apart from that, the Living Tombstone isn't that good

Cheese- Just tastes...repulsive

Parties- Oh yeah, of course I'd love to spend 4 hours small-talking with a random couple you met in Hawaii whilst you guilt trip me into eating every single morsel of food you have on offer!

Weddings- Bridezilla, uptight people everywhere, disgusting 'high class' food, having to go all the way to the other side of the country because apparently the local church isn't as good as the one that takes 10 hours to reach and having to wear a dress

Beaches- Sand in my eyes, sun burning my thighs, kids screaming and wailing over the ice cream they dropped, getting funny looks if you are not in a skimpy swimsuit.

OMG. You hate Weddings, Parties, Beaches, Chocolate and Ice Cream? But i like all of those!!! Everyone does!!!

JamesCameronAvatarWallpaper41280x960.jpg

There exists no word in the English language that expresses my absolute spite for this movie.  Imagine a movie that is nothing but every movie pet peeve you have.  For me, that's Avatar.  I don't care for the special effects.  If you're going to polish something, make sure it isn't a turd first.  Even worse, the movie was in production for 12 years.  And that was the best plot they could come up with?  James Cameron is going to have to do a lot to redeem himself in my eyes.

post-23625-0-79398900-1401634983_thumb.jpg

The Human race. This picture really describes it.

Not really, I just never get an excuse to post it.

Now for my list

MOBA games: I have no idea how people find gutted WOW pvp with dumbed down mobs thrown in fun. I honestly do not understand it. If I wanted to mash the left mouse key, and have a massive display that takes up a third of the screen I would just play WOW on wide screen. I tried LoL once, and decided that WOW does its own pvp better than them.

Gourmet burgers: a gourmet burger. gourmet ground beef huh? Yea...Everyone around here seems to love the idea.

the 1911. It was a great gun, and served for ever and a day. But we have evolved past it, and it's 7 round magazine.

The M4 carbine: I had to carry one both in combat, and training. It is a mediocre weapon on good days, and I am really, really, really, really, really tired of seeing it in every shooter ever.

Guns that fire the same bullet but do different "damage": Everyone seems to either not notice this, or just not care. But I have seen tons of people that love guns that do different damage in video games. And it makes no sense. Why would a Barrett rec-7 do more damage when they fire the same round, have the same rifling, and the same barrel length. Why in the name of Celestia does it do more damage?

• Brohoof 1

Smile HD

Ugh... I still have flashbacks from that one...  :muffins:

Is it possible to get posttraumatic stress disorder from watching a video like that? Im convinced it is... :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Well ok I don't really HATE it...Truthfully I'm just jealous of other gamers and wish I was better at it...I suck at the Super Smash Bros. games in general. I keep getting my ass kicked by all the new challengers cuz the AI is too good with them and I can't unlock them for said reason...And what makes it even harder is that nobody else shares my frustration with this game....

Discord's Reform

Fans having Discord in a relationship or past friendship with Celestia, or secretly Starswirl the Bearded.

Tyrant Celestia and Trollestia

The Solar Empire vs Lunar Republic

Rainbow Dash as a lesbian

Zombies and zombie apocalypses

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Skyrim - This game is just another cliche RPG game.

Luna - Another character that I really, really can't see the appeal for.

Edited by Peter Sam
  • Brohoof 1

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Well ok I don't really HATE it...Truthfully I'm just jealous of other gamers and wish I was better at it...I suck at the Super Smash Bros. games in general. I keep getting my ass kicked by all the new challengers cuz the AI is too good with them and I can't unlock them for said reason...And what makes it even harder is that nobody else shares my frustration with this game....

In my case, I genuinely hate the entire franchise.  I think it's a dumb concept that I can hit someone enough to have their % thing go into the 400's and not lose because they can jump, but I can't seem to jump worth crap and lose with a 70%?  It's the worst concept for a fighting game ever.  EVER!!!

Nutella - Way too much sugar and it tastes like someone put chocolate flavoring on clay.

This deserves a round of applause.

1359405555842.gif

• Brohoof 3

In my case, I genuinely hate the entire franchise.  I think it's a dumb concept that I can hit someone enough to have their % thing go into the 400's and not lose because they can jump, but I can't seem to jump worth crap and lose with a 70%?  It's the worst concept for a fighting game ever.  EVER!!!

This deserves a round of applause.

img-2701426-1-1359405555842.gif

Lol finally someone who agrees with me on this...

Yeah the opponents take way too long to defeat. And that is very annoying.

Examples:

Me: *does 34% damage*

*Opponent effortlessly retaliates*

Me: Well that was annoying...*Does 64% *damage and sends them flying*

*Opponent rebounds again*

Me: Man this guy is tough... *does 130% damage*

*Opponent still comes back from leaving the screen without dying*

Me: Oh come on...*does 240% damage*

*opponent still comes back after being knocked off the screen*

Me: UGH!!! JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY!!! *gets them to 320% damage*

*opponent still comes back*

Me: *cluster f-bomb* *uses a smash attack and kills them* FINALLY...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If I included everything i hated: this post would be 3 Terabytes, so ill restrict myself to 5 things.

Rant Mode Engaged

1. Cheap flash/Facebook games like Angry Birds, Farmville, and Clash of Clans. They are pointless cheap knockoffs of other games (Crush the Castle, Harvest Moon, Tribal Wars). I especially despise the games that send you requests on Facebook (Farmville, I'm looking at you).

2. Non Alcoholic Beer/ Decaffeinated Coffee. I paired these to together because they piss me off for the same reason. Whats the point of drinking beer if not to get smashed? Why would I pay MORE money to make my coffee useless? </p>

3. Any CoD game after 4. (during the time of CoD 4 MW, the modern setting was relatively new). It seems like they are selling the same game with renamed guns, a different linear lazy 15 minute campaign, and slightly improved graphics. They also have the tendency of having the same Grey and Brown colour palate. Also, the enemy is always "the big bad evil russians" or "them darn terrorists." </p>

4. Wheat Grass. I cant possibly fathom how people can drink this stuff. Its like taking the caked on grass clippings underneath a lawnmower, and chewing on that. People honestly think it the the miracle food that will cure all your problems. I Tried it once and it made me sick for a week. 

5. Modern Marvel Movies. Let me start by saying that I love Marvel just as much as I love DC, but holy shit, the later movies have been shit lately. It seems that they aren't trying to please the loyal fans, and they aren't sticking to the source material very well. It seems like they are just trying to give the prepubescent 13 year old fanboys something to clop too (seriously, Black Widow is the most useless character ever).

Rant Mode Disengaged

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED
  • Brohoof 2

Science vs Religion debates: I don't know how loved these are but I see them way more times than I want to. It's basically the same thing. The Christians try to convince the Atheists to join their church and the Atheists first say no cause they don't believe in God then the Christians get angry and say that they're going to hell and then the Atheists say how they don't like how they force their religion and then they proceed to force their beliefs on them by talking about how God doesn't exist because of evolution and then call Christians idiots for believing in it. For both sides, let me just say one thing: not everyone has the same beliefs as you, so stop trying to force your beliefs and acting like an elitist prick who thinks their beliefs on whether their is a God or not are better than anyone else's.

• Brohoof 1

Just saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 after hearing all the hype. And I gotta say I'm sorta disappointed...

(This post contains spoilers for those who have not yet seen Amazing Spider-Man 2)

Electro's origin was very farfetched...And after Harry became the Green Goblin he didn't even wear a mask...And there was no epic Spidey VS Green Goblin fight scene like in the very first movie...And the movie ends with a fucking cliffhanger with Spiderman fighting RHINO? Seriously what the fuck?

If I included everything i hated: this post would be 3 Terabytes, so ill restrict myself to 5 things.

4. Wheat Grass. I cant possibly fathom how people can drink this stuff. Its like taking the caked on grass clippings underneath a lawnmower, and chewing on that. People honestly think it the the miracle food that will cure all your problems. I Tried it once and it made me sick for a week. 

5. Modern Marvel Movies. Let me start by saying that I love Marvel just as much as I love DC, but holy shit, the later movies have been shit lately. It seems that they aren't trying to please the loyal fans, and they aren't sticking to the source material very well. It seems like they are just trying to give the prepubescent 13 year old fanboys something to clop too (seriously, Black Widow is the most useless character ever).

I love your opening line.  I have no idea what wheat grass is.  I haven't liked a Marvel movie since Spider-Man 2... or X-Men 2...  whichever came out later; however, some after this have had a few moments here & there I liked.  In Wolverine: Origin, it was funny hearing Logan saying "It looks like Stryker finally made you shut up, Wade," or however it went.

Is there like an inverse thread of this (Things I love but everybody hates) or would that be too controversial?

...I think I remember seeing something like that.  If not, I see nothing wrong with it.  I know that I like things that others generally don't.

Any Superhero movie in general - They are so god dang boring and most of them feel like the same thing - Guy proves how awesome of a Superhero is --> Person takes over the world --> Superhero and Villian fight --> Superhero nearly dies --> Something saves the Superhero at the last second --> Superhero defeats Villian.

• Brohoof 1