Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate that everyone seems to love?

Odyssey

The thing that comes to mind immediately is granola bars. Also brownies. You may now be shocked.

133409998485.png

How can one NOT like brownies?! o: //Scandalous! xD jk.

I'm shocked, to be honest... There isn't one person I've ever known that doesn't like brownies, but you're the first. o:

• Brohoof 2

img-2708797-1-133409998485.png

I'm shocked, to be honest... There isn't one person I've ever known that doesn't like brownies, but you're the first. o:

XD Well, you know when you eat a lot of something, and you just happen to get sick afterwards? And then once you're recovered, you can't bring yourself to eat that one thing ever again? That's what happened...

img-2708797-1-133409998485.png

You think that's strange. Wait till you hear this. I've heard of people who literally HATE all sweets in general. Even CHOCOLATE...

And they LOVE bitter things...Anything bitter lol.

That song "Let Her Go" by Passenger. Everyone seems to think it's a great song, but I really don't think it's a very good song and can't understand why it became popular or why so many people like it, but then there's a lot of songs like that. No offense of course to anyone who likes the song, it's just my personal preference. 

• Brohoof 1

Any Superhero movie in general - They are so god dang boring and most of them feel like the same thing - Guy proves how awesome of a Superhero is --> Person takes over the world --> Superhero and Villian fight --> Superhero nearly dies --> Something saves the Superhero at the last second --> Superhero defeats Villian.

This is what I hate the most, you basically know how every Superhero movie will end, it's getting too predictible.

• Brohoof 1

Any Superhero movie in general - They are so god dang boring and most of them feel like the same thing - Guy proves how awesome of a Superhero is --> Person takes over the world --> Superhero and Villian fight --> Superhero nearly dies --> Something saves the Superhero at the last second --> Superhero defeats Villian.

Wow now I've seen everything...

Skylanders - I don't understand the point of putting toys on a thing just to make them appear. Buying the toys is just aggravating. Waste your money on toys you'll only use when you're playing Skylanders. (Same with Webkinz; Anybody else remember those? XD)

You can cuddle with webkinz though :D

Alcohol - I hate the taste

Pop music, hip hop and most mainstream music - I hate it

Large glasses - I hate it

Spicy Food - I hate it unless I need to wake up

Online Games - They suck so much money and they make it impossible for a free user to compete.

• Brohoof 1

Here we go.

-Smartphones. Horrible software, horrible games, horrible everything.

-Minecraft. Everyone says it's the best PC game. No, far from that. If you want the best, play DooM (Especially Brutal DooM), Half-Life, Quake, XCOM: UFO Defense, and many more.

-Anti-genre people. We get it, you hate FPS. But let me tell you that there's just as bad a fate as the genre you praise. Don't get me started on insane Nintendo fanboys talking about FPS.

-PewDiePie. Even PewDie himself said that he didn't expect this kind of thing to happen.

-Nostalgiatards. For all those 90's kids who say the only crap today is FPS and sports games: Try naming a game from your time that isn't a platformer or a fighting game. As much as I love retro, I hate to hear everyone put crap on today.

-Anti-CoD people. I hate CoD, but it isn't the devil nor is it realistic in any way. And I'm not supportive of going around like an idiot hating the fans. If you want overly-realistic and the absolute worst, play Desert Bus for the Sega CD. 

-Brony Drama. Nobody cares if you're leaving. The fandom isn't dying, if it was, then it's likely your fault.

• Brohoof 2

Avatar The Last Airbender and Korra:

These shows are just boring in my opinion. And the characters and the storyline are just slow and dull and bland and uninteresting...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Coffee/Non-herbal Teas

I despise coffee, not just the fact that it's so high in a stimulant drug, but I find the taste awful. I love certain teas, like Earl Grey (mostly because of Captain Jean-Luc Picard), chamomile, green tea and spiced teas, but that 'normal' tea, like Lyons, just tastes like oil to me. Also, I try to limit my intake of caffeine, for religious reasons.

Halo 4

I know I'm still pretty young, but I grew up playing the Halo games. My friend's older brother had halo when we were 8 or 9 yrs old, and we were lucky enough to get to play them. Then I got my own Xbox, and Halo 3, and we would play it every day, only campaign mode 'cause I didn't have gold. I loved, and still love Halo Reach more than any game I've ever played. I tried to be optimistic about Halo 4 but I found it hard to be when I heard bungle were no longer making it. That may not be the reason, but it just isn't Halo anymore, ya dig? It lacks something.

The 11th doctor

Apart from Halo and Star Wars/Trek and Warhammer, doctor who was once the only thing I truly loved. The 8th, 9th and 10th were my doctors, and I really did love them. The 11th doctor, Matt Smith, was brilliant, but the director of the series (something Moffat I think?) didn't do a very good job. It just wasn't the same. My sister agrees with me on this, so I'm not alone on this.

Raisins (in food)

I used to like eating raisins on their own, but have always hated them in scones, beagles cereal or anything.

Government, the illusion of authority

I'm not going to go into detail with this, because I've spent a lot of time thinking about it, and it makes me sick. No human has the right to dictate the happiness/life of another human being. Jah Love. Babylon shall fall.

There is other stuff, but they've already been mentioned, so I'll just leave 'em out. Have a good day!

Edited by rainbowdash1452
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is there like an inverse thread of this (Things I love but everybody hates) or would that be too controversial?

there is a thread for that!

here it is!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/98643-things-you-love-that-everyone-seems-to-hate/

Minecraft. The game is.. blocks.......................... need I say more? lol.. this may sound kinda harsh but I might as well go play with legos.

Mountain Dew. Tastes like liquified candy, almost syrupy... ick :(

Small Dogs. Seriously if that little rat tries to bite my ankle I won't hesitate to kick it.

no offense to anyone, I respect that people enjoy different things than I~

Its a Rat! oh, it your dog XD

i used to like mountain dew, but now I'm burned out on it. (i can still drink md voltage though)

also, I'm not too big on minecraft either.

i don't care that much for small dogs either. ill pet them if they're well behaved, but ill never own them.

i like what jeff Dunham has to say about those little bastards.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GTN1Nl4zbzE

Edited by looking glass
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm... Things I hate that everyone loves...

• Minecraft- I just don't like it. I don't like PC gaming in general (*OMG BURN HIM) but Minecraft is just so very boring for me.
  • Caffeine- Coke and Pepsi are the only exceptions. I hate caffeine, especially coffee.
  • Attack on Titan- It did not hold my interest, and I did not approve of the art style.
  • Tablets- What the hell am I supposed to do with an oversized iPhone?
  • The current direction of technology in general- I don't care about PC games, or apps, or "social media." Phones and computers can serve a great utilitarian value, but Apple and Microsoft only care about gimmicks.

• Attack on Titan- It did not hold my interest, and I did not approve of the art style.

Thank God, I'm not the only one.

It was sadistic, boring, and just plain mediocre. Yet everyone gives it free passes for its flaws and considers it the greatest thing ever. It gets me sick.

• Brohoof 1

there is a thread for that!

here it is!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/98643-things-you-love-that-everyone-seems-to-hate/

Its a Rat! oh, it your dog XD

i used to like mountain dew, but now I'm burned out on it. (i can still drink md voltage though)

also, I'm not too big on minecraft either.

i don't care that much for small dogs either. ill pet them if they're well behaved, but ill never own them.

i like what jeff Dunham has to say about those little bastards.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GTN1Nl4zbzE

Lol oh wow...

I do think Chihuahuas are really cute but I absolutely DESPISE their attitudes...Seriously, Why are they so damn mean?

(edited)

Super sugary sweet buttercream icing - Ewwww come on people it's too sweet!

Super sweet tea - YUCK!!!!!!!! There's no need to add more than ONE cup of sugar to a galloon of tea.

Minecraft - I don't wanna say "hate" but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Snapchat - Ughh gosh Snapchat is stupid and pointless, I mean there's a reason why we have pic text messaging, facebook messaging, etc......

Phineas and Ferb - Sorry to those who love it, but I always hated that show and just couldn't get into it.

Stiletto/long/pointy nails - Eww. Just on a rant about that one last night actually. xDD

Adding sugar to things that don't need it (you can tell I don't like sugary stuff) examples - deviled eggs, chicken salad, potato salad, bread, pasta, etc, the list goes on!!

Raisins - I don't understand why people like them so much, they're nasty. Unless of course they're organic b/c organic raisins are MUCH better, they're actually really good and not too sweet.

Most sports/sport teams (football, basketball, baseball, etc). Now I can enjoy watching surfing, skateboarding, ice skating, sports like that but give me a break people, football is not that exciting.

Ok wow that's a long list, sorry guys lol!!! But keep in mind a lot of it was food, and food that's super sugary. Eww.

Edited by kelseymarie805
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Beer: I can't stand it's taste, and I don't know how can people distinguish taste between brand, all of them taste she same to me.

Boiled eggs: Never understood why people like them, they smell and taste liks farts to me.

Monotone life: Going on a car to stay at an officce for 10 hours and then going back home in a car without having fun and doing something different at least once a week? That's not for me!

Fighting games: I actually love some of them like Mortal Kombat, in fact I wish I had the chance to play Fighting is Magic, but I wouldn't have a collection of various titles, it becomes monotonous to me.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Discord (The Living Tombstone's Remix)- It's a good song and all, but personally, I don't think it deserves to be the most popular song in the fandom.

i

Honestly, I just wish the song could still apply to Discord. For him to be a bringer of conflict and a puppeteer like he was in Return of Harmony.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

The Cutiemark Crusaders:

I just think that almost all of their episodes are boring. I just don't like them that much.

Mango:

I just don't like it at all. I hear often that I'm weird because of that. :P

Alcohol:

I don't like the taste of alcohol. I don't understand how people can drink glasses of it.

(edited)

Pop music/rap/dubstep/country- I was raised on rock music so I can't stand to listen to this

Parties-Who cares

Instagram/Snapchat-.......

Superheros- They never appealed to me

Minecraft- I just don't like it

Apple- Windows bitch

Edited by Adash
  • Brohoof 1

The episode Filli Vanilli, as I believe Fluttershy shows an extreme of stage fright she has never shown before. Having been a model who hated the publicity but did just fine the of walkway. Who was part of the performance of Health Warming Eve in Canterlot and while she was nervious about being in front of so many ponies she did so none-the-less just fine once it started. A mare who has sang in front of others many times, especially with her friends, and did so without such stage fright as was shown.

I believe the Filli Vanilli contradicts past episodes when establishing the extent and severity of Fluttershy's shyness and worry around other ponies.

... though of note, 'hate' is perhaps to harsh a word as I still enjoyed parts of it though it annoyed and frustrated me.

------------------------------------

Keep Calm and Flutter On, Three is a Crowd

The first because it introduced Discord reform and the second because it proves Discord is less amazing reformed, more pathetic and annoying.

• Brohoof 1

Being a dude. Now, let me explain. No, I do not want to change genders. I just hate how people expect me to do guy things. I am an effeminate kind of guy, more than happy to be passive aggressive & be lazy & cuddly & sweet, things people naturally associate with girls. I don't like to exercise, I don't like to compare dick sizes, I don't care to skirt hunt, and so on. I am more than content to have a bowl of ice cream & a video game to play instead of going out to lift or drool over girls. So basically, I make any normal dude (& any girl who wants a muscular monster) think I am a pussy, when in reality I just hate being sweaty & tired & bored (wow... "sweaty"? Maybe I was supposed to be a girl. Would explain a lot though @_@)

• Brohoof 6