Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

I've said this a lot, but I like Call of Duty. But if I mention to anyone they get all digusted like, "Why would you like it? It's just a shooting game that 12 year olds play!" But the storylines are really good (well, Treyarch's mainly)

I also like Nickleback. I like the lead singer's voice. I don't really get why they don't like them.

Spongebob's new episodes. They're hella hilarious, and the humor is still great. And I've watched the show since it aired

I bet there's more, but I can't think of any.

• Brohoof 4

well

Princess Twilight sparkle-why all the hate, bronies? i like her as a alicorn princess. granted, i liked her better before, but i still like her after. its an interesting direction.

mlp fim season 3: the opening special wasnt the best, but i still enjoyed the rest of the episodes, even if the closer could have been longer.

Dark haired "plain"or "nerdy" women- most guys want a blonde that looks like she stepped out of sports illustrated magazine's swimsuit issue. nerdy women are more attractive to me.

Interspecies romance/xenophillia: if a human and a (sapient) non-human wanted to get together, why not?

Cartoons in general- why do they have to be for kids?

Supreme pizza- im the only one in my family besides my dad that likes it.

Fried liver and braunschwager: i know they're made of liver, but i don't care.

"Smog era" (1973-1983) cars: i know they weren't the fastest, and a little gaudy, but i like the way some of them look.

Full-size cars: its not that i don't like muscle cars (i do), but there is just something about a big Chrysler with a big engine that i just love.

The AMC Gremlin: like the way they look,even though a lot of people think they're ugly. same for the 1974 AMC Matador coupe.

Chinese Atvs: there not a bad value, i had a spindle break, but that's all i had go wrong on it (and its a 2006).

"pink slime" beef. not the best cuts, but in a burger, i really don't care, as long as it still tastes alright.

Nickleback. Everyone I know who is a musician, or is a serious music fan is appalled that I like Nickleback ... especially since most of them consider me to have pretty good taste (for a layperson is the unsaid thought)

Good one. I used to be the one that maligned them, but some things I hated are starting to grow on me over time. I was never one of those, "LUCAS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD." screamers though.

Brohoof for liking Nickelback! /)*(\ I'm a fan of theirs as well :)

and another for the star wars prequels. i liked all the movies.

MLP (as everyone else has posted). Although most people seem to hate the fandom more than the show...which again, I happen to love (luvoo guys <3 ). Everyone seems to hate Flashlight shipping even though I'm on board with it.

• Brohoof 1

Hm.. there is honestly probably a crap ton of things I like that many don't. I tend to just be easy to impress I guess? Or just not very critical.

Nickelback, they're not like my favorite band ever, but I still like some of their stuff. Enough to say that they certainly aren't as bad as many make them out to be in my opinion.

Skillet is another band I like that I hear that many don't really like. 

Three Days Grace I see get some hate, maybe not everybody, that one's a little iffy on if its hated enough to be included.

Linkin Park is another band that seems to get hate a lot as well.

While we're talking about music I guess I may as well mention that I actually like a few Bruno Mars songs. Heck pop song's don't really bother me that much frankly, I actually enjoy a good bit of them. 

The 3ds gets a good share of hate, but I actually quite like the game library it has.

Heck I have a bunch of people I know who don't really like Nintendo in general, but I think they're pretty cool personally.

I can't think of much more right now, maybe i'll add more later if I think of it.

There's always the MLP thing, even if I haven't watched it in a bit, but I felt like that one is kinda obvious ;p.

• Brohoof 2

Equestira Girls, though I do admit we did NOT need a sequel. And IDW comic series, BUCK YEAH. But a sequel, and one that I actually agree looks like bad fanfiction? Nope.avi

Final Fantasy XIII, I guess I can understand where some of the hate for the characters come from, but I honestly don't mind them. I instantly fell in love with Snow's character, Lightning is just an all around badass, Sazh was hilarious, I loved Sazh and Vanille's relationship, and I found Hope's character arc to be very interesting. I also get that the game is linear, but so was X (which was one of the fan faves). I hated XIII-2 though

Season 3

The Star Wars Prequels

• Brohoof 2

Guns, you may be thinking that a lot of people like guns, that is true, but man have firearms became a taboo in the media as of late with all this anti gun anti America propaganda, heck you go to a big ole city most people their have not even held let alone fired a real firearm, so yea, we are definatly a minority no days, unfortueatly.

• Brohoof 3

Hmmm.... Thinks that I love but everyone hates? Let me make a list:

1. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (is that enough emphasis?)

2. Classical music and Opera - I have no idea why everyone hates on it.

3. Waking up very early.

4. Doctor Who.

• Brohoof 1

I like the Wii-U, and it saddens me greatly that it's doing so poorly in the console wars.

Also, I like onions.

Final Fantasy VII.

On the PC.

It has some problems on my PC though, probably because mine is thousands of times faster than what it was designed for.

Barack Obama.

Yes, I just went there. x3

Also, I like Filli Vanilli. People were angry about Pinkie Pie being a jerk to Fluttershy, but I enjoyed the episode.

• Brohoof 2

2. Classical music and Opera - I have no idea why everyone hates on it.

I love / collect J.S. Bach; also have some Vivaldi and Chopin.  I can't say I like Opera, per se; though I like some vocal works composed by Bach (parts of his Magnificat and Christmas Oratorio, some soprano-sung Arias).

Also, I like Filli Vanilli. People were angry about Pinkie Pie being a jerk to Fluttershy, but I enjoyed the episode.

Still my favorite episode.  Yeah, Pinkie was uncharacteristically mean, but you know what?  Nobody is perfect.  Sometimes friends get carried away and say something they regret.  Doesn't mean she's suddenly a terrible pony.  She wasn't trying to be malicious  But you know what else?  It was just a poor writing decision.  So, meh.  I don't worry about it.  It was such a great episode.

Other things I love that everyone seems to hate:

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XIII

Zelda Majora's Mask

The Blair Witch Project

The Saryn frame (my profile pic!)

WiiU and Metroid Other M

Granted I don't play my WiiU a whole lot just because I don't have very many games for it, I still enjoy the games I do have and I actually like the gamepad integration in the games. As for Other M, I really enjoyed it and I've replayed it multiple times. Ya, the controls could have been better but I liked it anyway. I just never understood the arguments people had against it

(edited)

Hip-hop/Rap: it's my favorite genre of music but everyone hates it because they believe all the dumb stereotypes!

Call of Duty: we all know people love hating this one, no explanation needed

Vegetables: they're good and good for you, but for some that's the sign that they're bad :P

Edited by Pelate
  • Brohoof 2