Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

So then, am I to understand this is the hipster thread?

Please don't take this as me being condescending, but that's not what that word means.

Anyway...

Freedom Planet's Story: Yeah the story itself kinda falls flat, and I'm pretty sure the plot changed entirely at some point in development, but the characterization is good enough that I don't mind.

Sonic R: THE MUSIC'S GREAT. THERE, I SAID IT.

The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well: Rainbow acts like a dick, Mane 6 gets back at Rainbow for acting like a dick, Rainbow learns to not be a dick. I'm sorry, but I don't see the problem here.

• Brohoof 2

Super Mario Sunshine - Never really understood what the problem was with it. It's my second favorite Mario game and my third favorite game of all time (besides Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

Most hated MLP:FiM episodes - I can agree with Spike at your Service and Boast Busters being terrible, but otherwise, some of the most hated episode of the fandom are some of the best in my opinion. Like, for example, I've noticed lots of hate for Griffon the Brush Off, but that is one of my favorite episodes of all time!

• Brohoof 2

Super Mario Sunshine - Never really understood what the problem was with it. It's my second favorite Mario game and my third favorite game of all time (besides Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

Most hated MLP:FiM episodes - I can agree with Spike at your Service and Boast Busters being terrible, but otherwise, some of the most hated episode of the fandom are some of the best in my opinion. Like, for example, I've noticed lots of hate for Griffon the Brush Off, but that is one of my favorite episodes of all time!

Tell me about it, don't even get me started on the hate for Equestria Games and episodes from seasons 3 and 4.

• Brohoof 1

Tell me about it, don't even get me started on the hate for Equestria Games and episodes from seasons 3 and 4.

Equestria Games got HATE?

Come on! That was Spike's best episode in my opinion!

• Brohoof 2

Equestria Games got HATE?

Come on! That was Spike's best episode in my opinion!

It actually did and most of the criticism at least I saw were pretty much nothing outside of, "WHY ISN'T THERE ENOUGH OF THE GAMES? SPIKE SUCKS!"

• Brohoof 2

It actually did and most of the criticism at least I saw were pretty much nothing outside of, "WHY ISN'T THERE ENOUGH OF THE GAMES? SPIKE SUCKS!"

Sadly, There are a lot of episodes like that that just are given a crappy, small reason for why it's so bad.

I still remember the all-time classic "It's About Time"

I found out some people were complaining about THAT because

"NOT ENOUGH TIME TRAVEL STUFF WHY"

*shakes head*

• Brohoof 2

Sadly, There are a lot of episodes like that that just are given a crappy, small reason for why it's so bad.

I still remember the all-time classic "It's About Time"

I found out some people were complaining about THAT because

"NOT ENOUGH TIME TRAVEL STUFF WHY"

*shakes head*

Another common complaint was that Twilight was acting out of character. The reason she was acting a bit not too bright was because she was stressed, and when you're stressed, it can cause your common sense to go down.

• Brohoof 3

Another common complaint was that Twilight was acting out of character. The reason she was acting a bit not too bright was because she was stressed, and when you're stressed, it can cause your common sense to go down.

That's a good point you made right there.

And another funny thing is with "The Show Stoppers"...

I'm amazed at how many people don't realize the song was MEANT to be bad. And what's funny is.. for a song that was meant to be bad, I thought it sounded pretty good.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

MLP:FIM- Only a few of my close friends like MLP as well. Even my best friend laughed slightly when I was reading Twilight Sparkle And The Crystal Heart Spell. (I still Love her tho.)

My Diary- Yea, just don't see many people writing in diaries these days.

Reading & Writing Class: Like all the people I've talked about it to in my grade hates them. :I

Being A dork: you can figure this out on your own.

Boulevard of broken dreams/Anti You: (songs) It just doesn't seem like  many people like these songs. According to some people, Boulevard of broken dreams comes off as a stereotypical "emo" music, and, osm epeople are a bit skeptical about Anti You.

That's all I can think about right now....

Edited by xXRandomRainbowzXx

~ 'Unrealistic' Skyrim armour mods. Yes, I like those types of armour/clothing mods, or at least, some of them. It depends of course (I have my preferences). Though it seems everyone's gotta get all butthurt complain about how 'unrealistic', 'unprotective', or 'impractical' they are. I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure this is a fantasy game. I'll have my pretty girl characters running around in whatever the heck I want them to run around in! :angry: ... :lol:

1960s music: most kids my age don't know what CCR is. They hate that "old 1930s hippie crap"

America: it's not a perfect country, but it's pretty damn good compared to a lot of other places...

MLP: obviously.

• Brohoof 3

MLP: FIM- everyone but me seems to hate this...

1960s music: most kids my age don't know what CCR is. They hate that "old 1930s hippie crap"

America: it's not a perfect country, but it's pretty damn good compared to a lot of other places...

MLP: obviously.

i agree about america. it's not nearly perfect, but it's not that bad...

• Brohoof 1

I got a few:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game: It may not be a great game, or even that good, but it's playable, and I do enjoy the game, even though it's not in my Top 5 Spider-Man games.

Magical Mystery Cure: It may be rushed, but man, did it hit me in the feels.

Wii U: The Wii was a piece of shit, but the Wii U is pretty cool, and I like the TouchPad. Too bad it's still in last place, I think.

Apple Family Reunion: Why do people hate this episode? 

• Brohoof 1

Yay, I got another one.

Toyetic products: I'm aware of how silly the marketing can be. While it's sort of a shame to see shows that get turned into 22-minute long ads, I can't help but buy a cutesy doll of my favourite characters from time to time. I honestly don't know why people make a huge deal out of merchandise. If you buy a product, you're helping the company. :P

Jews. I'm not saying that I have some weird obsession with a group of people, I just don't see how some people can believe all the crazy drivel being said about them, like, "Jews control the world" and "all Jews are greedy", and other childish and idiotic stereotypes. Generalizing is idiotic and a lazy way to look at things.

Also, I love sushi. People don't seem to like raw fish much.

Edited by RaveLow
  • Brohoof 1

I made this same thread not realizing it's already here.  :lol:
Anyway I won't say MLP because that's too obvious.
I actually like the Pokémon anime and it's even my favorite show of all time. On a side note MLP:FiM is a close second. I love the show however it gets a lot of criticism. One reason is that people write it off as being too repetitive mostly because of the Team Rocket scenes because they pop up in almost every episode trying to catch Pikachu and sometimes another Pokémon. Other than that I don't find the show to be that repetitive. Of course people even call the battles repetitive but that's like if you said sports are repetitive. And there is a good amount of variety.

And a lot of people don't watch the show anymore just because Misty and Brock left and Ash's friends always get replaced with new ones. That's like if I said I don't like MLP anymore because Twilight became an alicorn or her library was destroyed and replaced with a castle. Ash's companions don't have the same goal as him. The big reason why Misty traveled with Ash in the first place was because her bike was destroyed so she followed him until she got her bike back.

And people hate the new Pokémon in general mostly because of the designs. The new Pokémon are written off as "uncreative" or "ugly". People usually only target the ones based on inanimate objects while there were some Pokémon based on inanimate objects in Gen 1 too. It's mostly because people wear nostalgia goggles when it comes to Pokémon and hate change or new things. The new Pokémon aren't bad once you get used to them. A Pokémon can be anything not just an animal but even a plant or an inanimate object. Just because the newer Pokémon look different than Gen 1 Pokémon doesn't mean they're bad that means they're exotic.

Also even the ugliest Pokémon is still way more tolerable than this:

img-2978855-1-640px-Ugliest_spongebob.jp

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 2

Spicy pickled vegetables. I love how all three of those words, when taken individually, are not everyones' cup of tea, but when combined, they form some form of trifecta that just drives people away.

Jews. I'm not saying that I have some weird obsession with a group of people, I just don't see how some people can believe all the crazy drivel being said about them, like, "Jews control the world" and "all Jews are greedy", and other childish and idiotic stereotypes. Generalizing is idiotic and a lazy way to look at things.

Also, I love sushi. People don't seem to like raw fish much.

I love you. No real reason. Just all of the above. :-3 So many people where I work don't like sushi or at least can't eat it, but the stuff is heaven on earth when made right.
  • Brohoof 1