Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In need of help with eye-catchers in the beginning of stories.

Naught Important

For a long while now, I've procrastinated writing a story that I've been longing to write for a long time.

I don't think I would have any trouble with continuing the story once I am able to begin it, but that is where I feel like I fall flat.

I don't trust or like my way of beginning a story.

That is my problem for a lot of things. I cannot continue reading a story if I am not dragged into it through the first few paragraphs or so, and I am sure that if it happens to me, it can happen to others, and I want to try and prevent that as much as possible. I am not entirely sure what information I can leave out or keep in to keep a story interesting enough. I need a third-person party to judge my work without the bias that I have. Naturally, I have the easiest access to the nicer of peoples, those being the Bronies on this forum, so I wanted to ask you.

I will give any information you may need, such as a scrap of the story that you can review or critique. But, as it is right now, is there any basic ideas that can help? Hopefully nothing that seems too obvious.

I can say that I have tried somewhat to look into how other more popular stories begin, but I still don't entirely trust my own judgement. I'm probably just being a worrywart about this, but I would rather ask others to be sure.

Any attempt to help would be appreciated, for sure.

Well, I would need to know what the starting scene is.  Where does the story start?  Who does it start with?  What is happening at that moment?  What's the general theme and intent of the story?  That will help to.